frndly1

Inviting FI's family over for wedding

8 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Does anyone know of the procedure to invite FI's family over for wedding?

Should the fI do it or the sponsor do the inviting? (I know I should get the Fiance over here first. :-) )

Can I send the invite in English?

Is it hard for a single woman with kids get a toursit visa if she leaves her kids there in Morocco?

Traveled to Morocco on Aug 3rd, 2005

Got Engaged on Aug 16th, 2005

Left Morocco on Aug 19th, 2005

08-29-05 Filed I129F

01-09-06 Interview Date (9am) We were not approved today, I guess we got a 221g of the damn S. Korea Police Certificate that Casablanca said we didn't need.

03/03/06 Turn in Passport at 9am

03/15/06 Visa Issued

03/31/06 Enter USA via JFK

05/15/06 Wedding for Visa

06/10/06 Mailed AOS papers

07/06/06 Biometerics Apt

07/15/06 My offical wedding day....I know .....:-)

07/10/06 Touched

08/25/06 EAD Approvel

09/01/06 EAD in Hand

09/26/06 AOS Interview (Recommend for Approval)

10-05-06 Received Welcome Letter

10-10-06 Green Card Arrived.

We are now one9d63d28.jpg.png

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

To get a B1 visa, they will have to apply for one at the nearest US consulate (Casablanca or Rabat). Each consulate hasd different rules in how they handle non-immigrant visas, but generally they merely have to make an appointment, fill out a DS-156 and $100 cash and bring plenty of evidence.

It will be difficult for any of your fiancee's family to get a tourist visa for the US. It quite often takes presenting of evidence that your fiancee's family has significant ties to the their home country in terms of a secure job, finances, and property that would require them to return home after their visit.

The fact that their daughter is now a permanent resident in the US will make things more difficult as they will have a significant tie to the US.

If it is important that her family attends the wedding, you may want to rethink the K1 visa and opt for a K3 visa instead or arrange for a second religious type ceremony after your fiancee gets AP.

All they can do is apply for the visa and see what happens.

The website for the consulate is http://casablanca.usconsulate.gov/general_information3.html

Edited by zyggy

Knowledge itself is power - Sir Francis Bacon

I have gone fishing... you can find me by going here http://**removed due to TOS**

Timeline

Thanks Zyggy, my finace's sister will not have any relatives here except for her brother if Casa will ever get off their @@@ and process the paperwork :-) (nice Casa nice Casa). We I guess we will just go with plan A and go back there to get married and send them the video of the wedding. hmph

08-29-05 Filed I129F

01-09-06 Interview Date (9am) We were not approved today, I guess we got a 221g of the damn S. Korea Police Certificate that Casablanca said we didn't need.

03/15/06 Visa Issued

07/06/06 Biometerics Apt

07/10/06 Touched

08/25/06 EAD Approvel

09/01/06 EAD in Hand

Filed: Timeline

If your fiancee comes here on the K1, you will have to marry here within 90 days of his arrival. You can go back and do the unofficial ceremony there after he is allowed to travel again, but that is all that can be done. We're in the same boat. We'll go do the big ceremony there after he has worked for a while and we can afford it, and he can travel legally.

His sister is a nurse with a child and spouse and they were unable to get a tourist visa to Spain to go visit friends a couple of years ago. The consulate wanted proof that they had enough money in their bank account to pay for a hotel for the whole time, even though they were planning to stay with friends. The high unemployment rate in Morocco makes it very difficult for the average person to get a visa out of the country to anywhere for any reason.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Hi Kathy -

Youssef's mom and sister in law are planning on coming for our wedding in April. We don't think it will be a big problem because his mom owns property in Marrakech and his sister will be coming with her son, but leaving 2 kids and her husband in Morocco. From what we have read and been told that would be some signifigance. Leaving family behind generally shows that they plan to return. We're sending our invitation to them in English. Hope this helps - I'll let you know what happens!

May 11 '09 - Case Approved 10 yr card in the mail

June - 10 yr card recieved

Feb. 19, 2010 - N-400 Application sent to Phoenix Lockbox

April 3, 2010 - Biometrics

May 17,2010 - Citizenship Test - Minneapolis, MN

July 16, 2010- Retest (writing portion)

October 13, 2010 - Oath Ceremony

Journey Complete!

s-age.png

s-age.png

Timeline

Thanks all that have responded.

Honey, we will get married if he gets here before the wedding date.

Amanda, thanks please let me know how it works and Congrats on your reunion.

08-29-05 Filed I129F

03/15/06 Visa Issued

07/06/06 Biometerics Apt

07/10/06 Touched

08/25/06 EAD Approvel

09/01/06 EAD in Hand

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Its a B2 btw

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Timeline

Thanks Boiler

08-29-05 Filed I129F

03/15/06 Visa Issued

07/06/06 Biometerics Apt

07/10/06 Touched

08/25/06 EAD Approvel

09/01/06 EAD in Hand

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.