Kubey Jr.

My Full Story

64 posts in this topic

Who sent the parcel and what is your question?

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

Filed: Country: Scotland
Timeline

Parcel was from Petitioner's father with a second I-134 Affidavit of Support and supporting documents copies....and Petitioner's latest intent letter.

Yep, 'm just wondering if I've left anything out?....but it looks like i might be ready?

We phoned the Gould Pharmacy and they said that they can take a laptop bag?....can i go inside the Embassy with just a laptop bag...with no electronics in it....just folders?

Do you know where the embassy website has the list of things to bring to the interview? I believe I have posted it to you twice.

Have you read it? Have you printed it?

England.gifENGLAND ---

10-05-08 Married

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

No RFEs

Yes and yes....i did that a while back.

Yes i think i have everything. Many thanks for everything you and the people have done on here. it is actually quite a wonderful place.

Whoa! Not done with you yet. Print the list to make a check list for preparing what to take. If an item doesn't apply to you then of course you won't bring it....like an adoption certificate. Also PLEASE read the whole page carefully. People who don't read it show up without the right kind of birth certifcate for example, then say "well I didn't know." Well, it's all written out so read every word and click every link that says MORE information. The page http://london.usembassy.gov/application_documents.html

So here's an abbreviated list:

Passport

Birth Certificate

Adoption Certificate

Name Change Deed Poll

Divorce Decree or Death Certificate

Police Certificates

Court and Prison Records

Military Records

Photographs: US passport size

Affidavit of Support: Form I-134

Translations (non- English documents)

Visa fees (your receipt)

Because your petition has expired, you also need

Petitioner Letter of Intent to marry dated 21st of April ( original ink signature... but letter is not notarized)

And to get in the door you need:

Appointment letter (original)

Here's some things you have that are not on the list

Wrong size 2 UK passport sized Photos (possibly printed on dye sublimation printer (at Tesco passport photo booth))

??? Sponcor's Letter of intent to marry and intent to sponsor dated 21st of April (original ink signature... but letter is not notarized

5 dollars
Sponsorship Letter
Department of State - Vaccination Documentation worksheet (copy)
Medical Receipt Knights bridge Doctors (original)
Beneficiary's HM Revenue and customs Letter dated 29th October 2012 with NI Number and ref number (possibly original)
Beneficiary's HM Revenue and Customs Claim to repayment letter 2011 (original)
99/100 times they will not look at this. Since your petition is expired and you got off-track, they may actually want to see some of this.
Evidence of Bone Fide Relationship
.........2 lots of Photos...one pile from 2011 and one pile 2012
.........14 hand written letters from Petitioner to Beneficiary (originals)
.........Boarding Passes and travel Itinaries from 4 trips to TX (originals
Driving License and Counterpart (original)
NO I-797, Notice of Action (copy)

England.gifENGLAND ---

10-05-08 Married

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

No RFEs

Timeline

just very quickly cause its a bit late....but am not gone....but am preparing / printing lots of emails.....yes... petitioners father has done a letter saying that we are still engaged and still want to marry....but its not notorised...dont know if thats a problem or not.....it also says in it that hes still willing to be a sponsor.....its a bit out of date though no?.....with it being dated April 21st ?....hmmmm...not sure....not sure if that is too old or not but will take it along anyway.

but yes been working away on it hard....i definitely wasn't finished and your post when i read "99/100 times they will not look at this. Since your petition is expired and you got off-track, they may actually want to see some of this." got me busy printing emails....i have two piles of them...one labeled April and one May..

birth certificate is long version not short version.
need to get US sized passport photos.

thanks.

just very quickly cause its a bit late....but am not gone....but am preparing / printing lots of emails.....yes... petitioners father has done a letter saying that we are still engaged and still want to marry....but its not notorised...dont know if thats a problem or not.....it also says in it that hes still willing to be a sponsor.....its a bit out of date though no?.....with it being dated April 21st ?....hmmmm...not sure....not sure if that is too old or not but will take it along anyway.

but yes been working away on it hard....i definitely wasn't finished and your post when i read "99/100 times they will not look at this. Since your petition is expired and you got off-track, they may actually want to see some of this." got me busy printing emails....i have two piles of them...one labeled April and one May..

birth certificate is long version not short version.

need to get US sized passport photos.

thanks.

I think two piles of emails is excessive, but suit yourself. I would bet money that they don't want to see anything like that.

Where in the London list does it say bring a letter from father? They want to know if your fiancé is still wanting to marry you. Doesn't matter if Daddy says yay or nay. Work on the real list.

Did Dad fill out and sign the I-134? Then a letter isn't needed saying he wants to sponsor.

Where does it say bring things from HM Revenue?

Does the list ask for your driver license?

That NOA 2 is very, very important for your AOS. Don't lose it. It is not needed for the interview. Again, not on the list.

The immunization sheet is for your records. The original is in your medical file at the embassy. You never get the original of it. They don't need a copy. Pack it with the NOA2 to get to America with you.

**Now this is something that is very much needed: I-134 Affidavit of Support from fiancé or her father and two proofs of income. London often is happy with one proof, so a second one is to be on the safe side.

You will only need to take the 2012 tax return, and not previous years. You mentioned original vs copy earlier. The only true "original" tax return would be the one mailed to the IRS, so there isn't another original. It would be a copy and that is normal Or perhaps he even e-filed, but there needs to be a photocopy of all the pages of his return provided plus a photocopy of his W2. That makes a complete tax return[/b]. Or a tax transcript ordered from the IRS would serve the same purpose.

So for proof #2, there are options.

--A letter from his employer stating his position and salary.

--About 3 months worth of pay stubs showing his income.

--Some bank statements showing regular income deposited. 12 months is way too many.

Did you check that your passport has at least 8 months remaining on it?

Does your police certificate say "No Trace"? No Live Trace means something different. It means something is on your record..

Okay? Just trying to help you trim down all that paper to what they really need to see. You already said you have mailed so much in that you were concerned they seriously would need a box, not a folder to put it in. Put the essentials in one folder so you seem organized.

England.gifENGLAND ---

10-05-08 Married

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

No RFEs

Timeline

I think two piles of emails is excessive, but suit yourself. I would bet money that they don't want to see anything like that.

That NOA 2 is very, very important for your AOS. Don't lose it. It is not needed for the interview. Again, not on the list.

I don't understand what the NOA 2 is....I have a NOA 1........ but not a NOA 2.

well each pile has about....one one pile has about 11 emails and the other maybe 6.

USA Petitioner has a I-797 Notice of Action (original) ...

....but....it does not say if it is 1 or 2.

I have 4 USA sized photos now.

plenty of years on the passport.

It's the one that says the I-129F petition has been approved. Example: http://www.visajourney.com/gallery/displayimage.php?album=lastup&cat=3&pid=26142#top_display_media

Part One: The K-1 Visa Journey:

USCIS Receipt of I-129F: January 24, 2012 | Petition Approval: June 15, 2012 (No RFEs)
Interview: October 24, 2012 - Review | Visa Delivered: October 31, 2012

Part Two: Entry and Adjusting Status:

POE: November 18, 2012 (at SFO) - Review
Wedding: December 1, 2012 | Social Security: New cards received on December 7, 2012.
AOS Package (I-485/I-765/I-131) NOA1: February 19, 2013 | Biometrics Appt.: March 18, 2013
AP/EAD Approved: April 29, 2013 | Card Received: May 6, 2013 | AOS Interview Appt.: May 16, 2013 - Approved Review Card Received: May 24, 2013

Part Three: Removal of Conditions:

Coming Soon...

"When you're born you get a ticket to the freak show. When you're born in America, you get a front row seat." – George Carlin

Thanks...yep we've got that in USA...i reckon i need to get the petitioner to put it into a firebox.

I'm back from London......K1 Visa was approved. http://static-

i'm going onto AOS things now.

Congratulations. Just make lots of photocopies of NOA2 (the petition approval) and put them everywhere so you find one when the time comes. You only mail off a photocopy with AOS.

And I have an AOS list that might help you. Click--> https://docs.google.com/document/d/1FIsgnb7Tfj7tcRNnqRMKUOXQdEfR6HTUDY2vX6zKqqU/mobilebasic?authkey=CNXN_oQH

The only change is on April 30, they were going to rollout a new process where you will no longer get a paper I-94 when you enter the US. If your airport has switched over to that, then there is a website where you can print out details of your entry. Then you would use that printout in every place it says to include the I-94. I will modify my document when I have time.

England.gifENGLAND ---

10-05-08 Married

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

No RFEs

Timeline

Thank you....you are and continue to be a incredible and life saving help in all of this.

should i chase up why NVC didn't send out a letter to the Petitioner...or is that something that no longer happens?......I've read that the Petitioner is meant to get a letter when the case is sent from NVC to the London US Embassy....but she did not receive anything.

Thank you....you are and continue to be a incredible and life saving help in all of this.

You are very welcome. Sorry we didn't find you sooner before you lost all those months not knowing what to do.

should i chase up why NVC didn't send out a letter to the Petitioner...or is that something that no longer happens?......I've read that the Petitioner is meant to get a letter when the case is sent from NVC to the London US Embassy....but she did not receive anything.

That ship has sailed. It doesnt matter now because you will never deal with NVC again. Once you get your passport and visa back, then you are done with the embassy, too. If you don't have that back in 2 weeks max, something is wrong. Call.

Adjustment of Status is a brand new process back at the USCIS. If you think there might be a reason she doesn't get all her mail delivered, then work on it with the local post office. Nothing in immigration is forwarded. When you move in, put both your names inside the mailbox where the letter carrier will see them. If she takes your name after marriage, then list her old and new names...Mary Jones, Mary Smith, John Smith.

England.gifENGLAND ---

10-05-08 Married

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

No RFEs

Timeline

thank you...sorry about delay on reply here

We had a serious and scary family medical emergency (my father) and i'm now very, very exhausted.

the passport arrived yesterday with the do not open package.........i'm still really confused on what happens next.

i don't understand the deadlines.....i know that once i enter USA i have 90 days to marry.....but what is my deadline on the AOS?.....i have always believed it to be 90 days ......and that it should be done and sent away in the post ASAP right after getting married....but is that incorrect?.....my dad is telling me that there is no deadline on AOS. I don't honestly believe it...but i'm not sure what to believe.

I've heard lawyers on youtube talking about K1 and saying that if you rush it looks bad...and if you take too long it looks bad.....

at the moment we have made a plan (last night) to enter on the 13th of June and get married on the 22nd of June......but i don't know if that is a good idea or not.We had no plan at all with dates until last night....there was no wedding date set until last...

the visa itself page inside the passport itself looks like the page that show people at airports....when i start my journey do i make sure that i show everybody at every airport start to finish the visa or just the port of entry airport?...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.