Jnaz

Anyone who got their NOA2 the last two weeks called NVC yet?

101 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

Got my NOA2 April 19th and I've already called the NVC 3 times. They still don't have my files and insists that I wait 15 business days but I just can't help and be excited dancin5hr.gif Has anyone who just recently got their NOA2 have better luck?

08.07.12 ::: FedExed K1 Petition to California Service Center

08.10.12 ::: NOA1 Text

08.16.12 ::: NOA1 Receipt received in the mail

04:19.13 ::: NOA2 Text and Email (Yay!)

Timeline

YES! Keep calling. I called EVERYDAY until our packet arrived. We too received our NOA2 on April 19! We got a case number yesterday (April 29). I had called Friday, nothing. If you don't call, they absolutely don't care. They won't notify you until your packet is sent to USEM and your fiancé receives a letter. That could take weeks, if not months. Once your packet gets to the NVC, it's quick turn. They'll have it shipped out to the USEM (US Embassy Manila) in no time...usually 2 to 3 days. You can really get the ball rolling when you get your NVC case number, so stay on it! Good luck guys! :-)

Filed: Timeline

My NOA2 is April 24th and I just called today. They told me the same thing too that it takes 15 business days for our file to arrive. However, looking at many VJers' timelines, it seems more like 7-10 business days. Anyways, what can we do after receiving that NVC case number??

Timeline

YES! Keep calling. I called EVERYDAY until our packet arrived. We too received our NOA2 on April 19! We got a case number yesterday (April 29). I had called Friday, nothing. If you don't call, they absolutely don't care. They won't notify you until your packet is sent to USEM and your fiancé receives a letter. That could take weeks, if not months. Once your packet gets to the NVC, it's quick turn. They'll have it shipped out to the USEM (US Embassy Manila) in no time...usually 2 to 3 days. You can really get the ball rolling when you get your NVC case number, so stay on it! Good luck guys! :-)

Awesome! Congratulations! Hopefully our packet will get to NVC soon too.. I will definitely try again tomorrow. dancin5hr.gif

My NOA2 is April 24th and I just called today. They told me the same thing too that it takes 15 business days for our file to arrive. However, looking at many VJers' timelines, it seems more like 7-10 business days. Anyways, what can we do after receiving that NVC case number??

Once you get your case number, this allows you to set your benificiary's interview at their embassy.. after paying a fee of course.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I was about to call today. We got out NOA2 on April 23. I should call every day then?

K1 Visa
Service Center: California
I-129f Sent: 08/3/2012
I-129f NOA1: 08/06/2012
I-129f RFE(s): NONE
I-129f Reply(s): NONE
I-129f NOA2: 04/23/2013
NVC Received:5/13/2013
NVC Left:
Consulate Received (Dublin, Ireland):
Packet 3 Received:
Packet 3 Sent:
Packet 4 Received:
Medical Exam:
Interview:
Visa Received:
US Entry:
Wedding:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Poland
Timeline

We received NOA 2 on the 15th (Monday). My Fiance called NVC a week later and was told to wait another week as it usually takes 2 weeks. Another week passed. He didn't call yesterday (Monday), he did today, and they said our papers left NVC on the 25th! So last Thursday! I was positively surprised :)

Give them 10 days and you should have your info! :)

Filed: Timeline

Awesome! Congratulations! Hopefully our packet will get to NVC soon too.. I will definitely try again tomorrow. dancin5hr.gif

Once you get your case number, this allows you to set your benificiary's interview at their embassy.. after paying a fee of course.

Do we receive any mail from anyone? What forms do we send in to where to set up the interview? Can you explain in much more details?? Thanks.

We received NOA 2 on the 15th (Monday). My Fiance called NVC a week later and was told to wait another week as it usually takes 2 weeks. Another week passed. He didn't call yesterday (Monday), he did today, and they said our papers left NVC on the 25th! So last Thursday! I was positively surprised smile.png

Give them 10 days and you should have your info! smile.png

Wow that sounds good. Congrats and good luck in your interview.

Haha we are lucky.. Did it yesterday but twas almost midnight here in phils and like 730am in sd and 1130am in NH, so estimated that one if its 1130am in nh and 1130pm here then ill call 7pm phil time.. Wala! Called tonight before 7:01 after 1 minute someone picked it up abd wohoooo got our case number... And i dont need to keep on telling my fiancee to call them which is 3 hours ahead of his time, also i worry so much that his tired waking up in the morning and still have to prepare for work.. So i initiated a move, im glad i helped a lil bit heehhe it takes cooperation..

As ive learned and searched on here, the beneficiary can call and ask nvc bout the mnila case num which is right coz i just did.

And in addtion, if ur the beneficiary and wants to help ur fiancee on calling nvc for free, u just need a bobsled application on ur ipod or ipad then call them.. It takes confidence to call also.. Weeee happy. Goodluck vrrriii 1....

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Poland
Timeline

NOA2 on April 19th, csc. Fiance called nvc for the first time yesterday to find out that also just yesterday they assigned our case number.

NOA1 - 2012/08/22

240 days later - day of my dreams - NOA2 2013/04/19

NOA2 on Thursday 18 April and phoned NVC on Monday 29 April and a case number had been assigned.

I found an interesting thing about how to interpret the case no - I'm sure it's here somewhere also and loads of people know it but it was new to me:

LLLYYYYNNNNNN

LLL - is, obviously, the consulate identifier - e.g. LND is London

YYYY - is, obviously, the year

NNN - is 500 plus the date that NVC received your petition from USCIS in number of days in the year e.g. mine is 613 because it was received on 23 April

NNN - is the incremental number within that day for your consulate e.g. mine is 020, so mine was the 20th case that day for submission to London

Timeline

NOA2 on Thursday 18 April and phoned NVC on Monday 29 April and a case number had been assigned.

I found an interesting thing about how to interpret the case no - I'm sure it's here somewhere also and loads of people know it but it was new to me:

LLLYYYYNNNNNN

LLL - is, obviously, the consulate identifier - e.g. LND is London

YYYY - is, obviously, the year

NNN - is 500 plus the date that NVC received your petition from USCIS in number of days in the year e.g. mine is 613 because it was received on 23 April

NNN - is the incremental number within that day for your consulate e.g. mine is 020, so mine was the 20th case that day for submission to London

Wow that is awesome observation Anna. Thanks for sharing!

For those who get their case number, did you ask for any other information? Someone earlier mentioned asking for an "invoice number"? I've also read somewhere on the forum that you should ask for the date NVC sent your case to the corresponding embassy... for tracking purposes. Did you all just ask for your case number and that was it?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Romania
Timeline

NOA2 on 22 April...Fiance called NVC on Monday(7 days after NOA2)..was given the case number and they said the file should leave for the embassy any day now

I'm the Beneficiary
N400 April 2017 fillers: https://goo.gl/cp2Uxz
Support group for Romanian-American couples--> https://www.facebook.com/groups/520291304693940/

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.