Soquette

NVC: info on time between IV submission and case complete

7 posts in this topic

Dear all,

I just want to share what I was told yesterday (April 29 2013) when I called NVC. The delivery of my IV application at NVC occured on April 18th. All former steps are done. I talk to them 11 days after they received the documents. The NVC representative told me that I needed to wait about two more weeks before knowing whether my case is complete or about 25 days. It seems longer than usual.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Guess that would be the downfall of CSC approving cases in large quantities. Oh well, made it to the next step and just like the ole days in the Corps, Hurry up and then wait................

Edited by Greg n Veronica

I think this part is a #######-shoot just like anything else in this process. To give you a reference point though, NVC received my IV packet on 4/17 (AOS was already approved) and the case completed on 4/29 (9 business days). I had to call to find out though. I called every day after waiting a week, and each time they said to me 5-20 business days processing.

In case you didn't know...if you are waiting for a notice that your case was completed, you won't get one. The next notice you will get, is an email saying you got an interview date (and who knows when that is).

Filed: Other Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Nvc does sent email if your case is completed . I was told on the phone case case complete on February 14 ,2013 . I received email case complete on February 22,2013. They do sent notice to your email if they have on filed.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline

No e-mail,and maybe the operator is playing it safe. It would've taken me 9 days if I had all my documents for a CC, but I do know one person whose CC was done in 15days...for some reason
the person working on her case entered her IV into the system and let it sit there for 3days until it was finished,but for her it would've taken 10 days.

9/29/06 - Started dating my husband (LDR For 5 years after 6/07)
8/22/12 - Married in Japan
10/10/12 - I-130 Sent (Japan Post)
10/12/12 - Received at Chicago Lock Box
10/15/12 - NOA1(no email, had to call and find out and recieved the hard copy 10/22/12) case at NBC
12/14/12 - NOA2(no email once again,randomly checked it online)
01/07/13 - NVC Case Received
01/25/13 - Case Number assigned and AOS fee billed(somehow NVC didn't write down the proper emails for my husband and I )
3/06/13 - AOS invoice paid!(more like the 4th,when they withdrew the money!)
3/04/13 - DS-3032 email sent
3/13/13 - DS-3032 replied to
3/14/13 - IV invoice billed
3/16/13 - IV invoice bill paid
3/19/13 - NVC withdrew my money(waiting for the PAID STATUS)
3/24/13 - IV invoice officially paid
4/03/13 - Sent AOS and IV (without PCC....doh!) package via next day mail
4/04/13 - AOS & IV Package received
4/16/13 - AOS accepted(found out by phone april 17th)
4/17/13 - NVC wants PCC(found out via phone)CHECKLIST!
4/18/13 - Sent PCC with checklist (cover letter, etc) next day mail
4/19/13 - PCC delivered
4/30/13 - Case Complete(Lord, PLEASE!!! LET ME GET IT BY THE END OF APRIL!!) #### YEAH!
5/13/13- Interview date assigned & received Packet 4
5/16/13- Package left NVC for Tokyo(I assume it will get there in 3days)
5/20/13- Package delivered to Tokyo embassy
5/21/13- Medical

6/10/13- Interview at Tokyo embassy
tuzki-emoticon-030.gif APPROVED!!
6/x/13- Visa received

7/9/13- MY Hubby is coming to good ole Houston, TX

Filed: IR-5 Country: Philippines
Timeline

I think this part is a #######-shoot just like anything else in this process. To give you a reference point though, NVC received my IV packet on 4/17 (AOS was already approved) and the case completed on 4/29 (9 business days). I had to call to find out though. I called every day after waiting a week, and each time they said to me 5-20 business days processing.

In case you didn't know...if you are waiting for a notice that your case was completed, you won't get one. The next notice you will get, is an email saying you got an interview date (and who knows when that is).

I also didn't get a case complete email from NVC. My parents (applicants) & I (petitioner) received only the actual Interview Appointment letters (email).

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.