10 posts in this topic

So here's my story:

When i was not married yet, i have no problem getting an NBI clearance, it usually took me a day just to get one.

BUT last year, when i get one for CFO and passport purposes, i waited 3 weeks to get a clearance. NBI officer told me there's one person bearing the same name (as single) as i am. (Which i believed is the same ME)

2 months ago my NBI clearance (under my married name) expired and so i needed to get another one for visa purposes (that includes submission to the NVC) and the same thing happened, i need to wait another 3 weeks before they will issue it to me.

Why on earth it has not been corrected in their system? they said there is no same name for married name but for the single name. And still i need to wait 3 weeks...no expedite process.

"LOVE is a journey. We walk through life, found each other along the way and stayed inlove. And the best thing is being MARRIED to the person you love and accepting that the future will unfold itself while the two of you still bonded by the same word everybody called LOVE. A love that says "Let God be God"

vk7s6xxnk.png

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

People have the same names, simple as that. They have to do verifications before they release our clearance.

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

So here's my story:

When i was not married yet, i have no problem getting an NBI clearance, it usually took me a day just to get one.

BUT last year, when i get one for CFO and passport purposes, i waited 3 weeks to get a clearance. NBI officer told me there's one person bearing the same name (as single) as i am. (Which i believed is the same ME)

2 months ago my NBI clearance (under my married name) expired and so i needed to get another one for visa purposes (that includes submission to the NVC) and the same thing happened, i need to wait another 3 weeks before they will issue it to me.

Why on earth it has not been corrected in their system? they said there is no same name for married name but for the single name. And still i need to wait 3 weeks...no expedite process.

There were some longer delays last year for awhile as NBI upgraded their system, my wife had some delay with this. Most times as of late if there is a same name issue its been taking about a week. No matter how long it takes, if you need it you need it and you have to live with the system. Bring your old NBI with you as it may very well speed things up also.

http://www.nbi.gov.ph/

Edited by Hank_

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline

There were some longer delays last year for awhile as NBI upgraded their system, my wife had some delay with this. Most times as of late if there is a same name issue its been taking about a week. No matter how long it takes, if you need it you need it and you have to live with the system. Bring your old NBI with you as it may very well speed things up also.

http://www.nbi.gov.ph/

I agree with mr. Hank. The NBI personnel told me to always bring the old nbi clearance with you everytime you need to get a new one to avoid delays. This would help them rule out the notion "there is someone having same name as yours".

N-400 Timeline:

Applied online - 07/24/19 

Receipt notice - 07/24/19

Biometrics notice online - 07/26/19

Biometrics - 08/12/19

Interview notice - 11/22/19

Interview - 01/02/20

Oath Notice - 01/07/20

Oathtaking - 01/22/20 

Estimated Completion Time: May 2020 (10 months from date applied :clock:)

COMPLETED 4 MONTHS EARLIER!!!! :dance: :dance:

US Passport Timeline for myself and my daughter (derivative):

Applied at our local USPS - 02/15/2020

US DoS Received application - 02/19/2020

Online Status (In Process)

Application Status (Approved) - 03/03/2020

Application Status (Shipped) - 03/03/2020

Received both passports - 03/05/2020

IF YOU HAVE DERIVATIVE/S, YOU CAN APPLY FOR PASSPORTS AT THE SAME TIME AT THE POST OFFICE USING JUST 1 ORIGINAL NATURALIZATION CERTIFICATE!!!

I-130 Petition for Parents Timeline IR-5:

Applied online - 01/24/2020 (Priority Date 01/24/2020)

NOA1 - 01/24/2020 (IOE******* and was assigned Potomac Service Center current processing time 7.5 - 9.5)

Touched - 01/28/2020; Touched - 02/15/2020

Status Changed for Dad’s “Case is Being Actively Reviewed by USCIS” - 01/15/2021

Status Changed for Mom’s “Case is Being Actively Reviewed by USCIS” - 01/19/2021

NOA2 - Dad’s - 01/19/2021         Mom’s - 01/20/2021

NVC Received - Dad’s - 01/22/2021 MNL*** assigned       Mom's - 01/23/2021 MNL*** assigned

AOS Bill - Paid 1 AOS for 2 related cases 01/23/2021 (ceac shows in process) 01/27/2021 (ceac shows PAID) ($120)

Complete I-864ez form -  01/30/2021

Pay IV Bill - 01/28/2021 for both (in process) ($325 each) showed PAID 01/29/2021

Submit Civil Documents -uploaded on 01/31/2021

Case Completed at NVC - both parents DQ'd 04/06/2021

Expedite Request - 09/03/2021 Expedite Under Review -10/21/2021 Expedite Approved - 10/25/2021 Swab RT-PCR 12/26/2021Medical clear 1 day 12/28/2021 Interview Appointment Date thru CGI 03/07/2022 passed Visa on Hand  03/10/2022 PDOS CFO 03/15/2022 Paid Green Cards 04/04/2022 POE 04/18/2022(Chicago O’Hare)

Timeline

Actually, before, bringing the old/expired NBI clearance can actually help speed up the "renewal" process.

But now, things have changed, there's no more "renewal", each time you get an NBI clearance, it will be considered a new application, which will be subjected to a verification process. Once your name got a "hit", every time you get a clearance that "hit" will come up, making it impossible to get the clearance right away.

The process sucks, but no way around it.

i actually brought the Old NBI clearance but still they hold the new one 3 weeks...yay

"LOVE is a journey. We walk through life, found each other along the way and stayed inlove. And the best thing is being MARRIED to the person you love and accepting that the future will unfold itself while the two of you still bonded by the same word everybody called LOVE. A love that says "Let God be God"

vk7s6xxnk.png

• 3 weeks later...

ok i finally received my NBI clearance after 3 weeks and then saw a new sign at the NBI office that says, "indicate if its travel abroad, travel US, visa US, travel Australia, Visa Australia, etc"...yay what are these things???

On my nbi clearance it just stated "travel abroad"

Is this a new one also as required by the Us embassy/NVC?

The personnel at NBI adviced me to get another clearance that is for "travel and visa USA" and he said it will be pending again for 3 weeks....

ok ok ok...here's what i will do.....i will send all the documents now to my husband

#fingercross again

vk7s6xxnk.png

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

that is true..i am just confused on the personnel's adviced at NBI...made me worried and thought about another 3weeks waiting and delay on our visa process...but anyways i sent the documents yesterday and it will be with my husband on thursday or friday. Its good reading about this whole visa thing and found out that there's no change yet on the documents requirements.

thanks hank...you're always around to help smile.pngrolleyes.gif

vk7s6xxnk.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.