Danneh

AOS: Request for Initial Evidence- Medical Unavailable??

16 posts in this topic

Long story short:

1. Filed for AOS back in July 2012- entered country on K1 Visa to get married

2. Smooth sailing

3. Suddenly get a case update- immigration wants to see my medical examination because it was 'unavailable'

4. I completed a medical exam to get a K1 visa, sent a copy of that examination with the AOS application (they were the proper DS forms)

5. The notice says send a completed exam or 'I-693 report of medical examination and vaccination record'

Did they just lose my original medical and vaccination record? Should I send another copy? Or should I get another done here in the States? Similar thing happen to you?

Any help would be appreciated.

Danneh

Rough Timeline
(I'm terrible with dates)

• Met online May 2008
  • Began dating August 2010
  • Met face to face July 2011
  • Became engaged October 2011
  • Filed Petition for Fiancé Visa October 2011
  • Approved case forward to Sydney Consulate February 2012 (with the wrong email address- caused a lot of stress trying fix)
  • Packet 3 sent to Consulate April 11 2012
  • Interview date sent back on April 18 2012 (according to them. I had to email to find out, which I got a reply to on April 26)
  • Interview scheduled for May 15 2012
  • Interview on May 15 2012: VISA APPROVED
  • Visa arrived in hand May 21 2012
  • Hopeful wedding date: July 7
  • Married July 7
  • Filed for AOS several days later
  • April 29, 2013: Immigration requested additional evidence (my medical)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Venezuela
Timeline

I think that's the case! It didn't happen to me but I read at least 15 topics about people complaining about your same issue. I know its hard to belive but the medicals results get "lost" very often! When you give your package away during the POE process, this package should be send by immigration to the USCIS facility. Something happen during this process that some of the results gets lost. Is not your fault but the thing is that you need to make an appointment with a civil surgeon and have your medical test all done again and obviously pay for it. Once you have it you need to send it to the address they gave you.

OUR AMAZING JOURNEY 

UiSpm4.pngHWwxm4.png

YIRsm4.png   Mi1Gm4.pngTh37m4.png    

2013                                                  2014                                                     2015

fNidm5.png NXDpm4.png    VaECm4.png 

VRj7m4.png4IFnm4.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Long story short:

1. Filed for AOS back in July 2012- entered country on K1 Visa to get married

2. Smooth sailing

3. Suddenly get a case update- immigration wants to see my medical examination because it was 'unavailable'

4. I completed a medical exam to get a K1 visa, sent a copy of that examination with the AOS application (they were the proper DS forms)

5. The notice says send a completed exam or 'I-693 report of medical examination and vaccination record'

Did they just lose my original medical and vaccination record? Should I send another copy? Or should I get another done here in the States? Similar thing happen to you?

Any help would be appreciated.

Danneh

You will need to visit a Civil Surgeon in your city to complete the I-693. Make sure to take along a copy of the previous medical form so the doctor can determine what vaccinations you might need. Here's a good link to locate a cheap civil Surgeon in your area. http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/231026-civil-surgeons-who-dont-rip-you-off/

Good Luck smile.png

Edited by tru_loves_journey

event.png

event.png

Is not your fault but the thing is that you need to make an appointment with a civil surgeon and have your medical test all done again and obviously pay for it. Once you have it you need to send it to the address they gave you.

Thanks for the heads up. What if I have a copy of the original medical and vaccination report? Can I just send that?

Rough Timeline

• Met online May 2008
  • Approved case forward to Sydney Consulate February 2012 (with the wrong email address- caused a lot of stress trying fix)
  • Interview date sent back on April 18 2012 (according to them. I had to email to find out, which I got a reply to on April 26)
  • Married July 7

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Thanks for the heads up. What if I have a copy of the original medical and vaccination report? Can I just send that?

No, you must send the completed I-693 as requested in the RFE

event.png

event.png

Timeline

I dont know! Cause the medical results must be valid by the time you respond the RFE (the medical results expires 1 year later) and if you filed on july the must be expired by now. The other thing is that they might want the original. Thevaccination sheet its ok if you only have a copy, but Im not quite sure if they want just a copy instead of the originals results. Do something! Call the USCIS toll free line and explained what happen to you. Ask if its ok to send a copy of an expire medical results (by the time you sent it, it was still valid) if they tell you its ok, just send it. Otherwise you need to do the civil surgeon thing!

OUR AMAZING JOURNEY 

UiSpm4.pngHWwxm4.png

2013                                                  2014                                                     2015

VRj7m4.png4IFnm4.png

Cheers for the help. I'll get that done ASAP.

Rough Timeline

• Met online May 2008
  • Married July 7

Timeline

OR have the medical exam again!

OUR AMAZING JOURNEY 

UiSpm4.pngHWwxm4.png

VRj7m4.png4IFnm4.png

Timeline

Its pretty unfair, cause you already paid for it and its not your fault. Not only that but I dint understand why the USCIS doesnt have a clear criteria on their request for medical results. I did not file the I693 with my aos package, only sent a copy of my vaccination sheet. No RfE and I was approves without interview. Some people say you need to fill a partial I 693 and now the are requestion you an entire examination, even when you already paid for it! I just dont get it

OUR AMAZING JOURNEY 

UiSpm4.pngHWwxm4.png

VRj7m4.png4IFnm4.png

Its pretty unfair, cause you already paid for it and its not your fault. Not only that but I dint understand why the USCIS doesnt have a clear criteria on their request for medical results. I did not file the I693 with my aos package, only sent a copy of my vaccination sheet. No RfE and I was approves without interview. Some people say you need to fill a partial I 693 and now the are requestion you an entire examination, even when you already paid for it! I just dont get it

Yeah, I don't get it either.

It says "Submit a copy of your completed and signed Department of State (DS) medical forms ((which I have)) OR submit a properly completed and signed Form I-693"

Rough Timeline

• Met online May 2008
  • Married July 7

Filed: Country: Poland
Timeline

They are speciffically telling you to send I-693.

Go to CS, have your DS form transcribed onto I-693 and send that as RFE response.

Timeline

A vj friend recevied the exactly same RFE and she end up paying almost 200 box for a new set of medical results. The only thing she avoid was the vaccination part cause she ibviously had them. Take the vaccination sheet with you and make an appointment asap

OUR AMAZING JOURNEY 

UiSpm4.pngHWwxm4.png

VRj7m4.png4IFnm4.png

They are speciffically telling you to send I-693.

Go to CS, have your DS form transcribed onto I-693 and send that as RFE response.

That's what I plan to do.

Rough Timeline

• Met online May 2008
  • Married July 7

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Yeah, I don't get it either.

It says "Submit a copy of your completed and signed Department of State (DS) medical forms ((which I have)) OR submit a properly completed and signed Form I-693"

You should be able to send copies of all your medical DS forms, if you have them, since the RFE is asking for either or, not simply just the I-693. However, I would personally go ahead and redo the medical exam and get the I-693 from a civil surgeon just to play it safe.

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

We got the same RFE last Saturday in the mail. We are playing it safe and my wife is getting I-693 medical exam today. It would probably take a while to get copies of her DS Forms from Canada so this is the quickest way. Also if you have copies of the DS Forms I wonder if they would have to be in a sealed envelope like the originals you brought across border with you. It sucks to have to spend another $185 on an exam but it will put my mind at ease.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.