macattack

How to contact congressman/ senators for help?

31 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

So, I have been hearing about contacting your congressman and senators for help with your visa.
But what exactly do you say to them? It might sound like a stupid question but I really don't know how to put that in letters or call.

Do you actually call them or just write letters?
My fiancé is living right now in Texas, he got station there last year.
So, how is he going to contact his congressman or senator?
If someone could tell me how to do it, We would really appreciate it.

Also my fiancé is in the army is there any more option for us? He MIGHT get deployed 2014 but he said he is not sure since they are pulling out armies in some bases abroad.

Would someone give us more option and more help on this?
Thank you!!!

I went in person, if this is an option, I would recommend otherwise you go to your states senator's website, you can find his website from a goggle search, if you dont know the senators name, you too can find this from a goggle search as well. On their website, they should have a form you'll want to fill out. Either a privacy release form or something of that sort. Fill it out and submit it via person or through the mail or fax.

I went and spoke to mine last week, I live in Kansas. They told me I'd been waiting 7 months and that I hadn't passed the national average yet, and that if I hadn't heard back by June then I should contact them again, so it really depends how long you've been waiting. If it's an emergency and you need to be together ASAP for say a medical reason put that on the forum!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Most people get a hold if of the congressman By email they send letter - and you have to Re- send some paper work BUT they Email him/her After there Interviewe and they Get Put In AP - when was your Interview ???

Timeline

I went in person, if this is an option, I would recommend otherwise you go to your states senator's website, you can find his website from a goggle search, if you dont know the senators name, you too can find this from a goggle search as well. On their website, they should have a form you'll want to fill out. Either a privacy release form or something of that sort. Fill it out and submit it via person or through the mail or fax.

I went and spoke to mine last week, I live in Kansas. They told me I'd been waiting 7 months and that I hadn't passed the national average yet, and that if I hadn't heard back by June then I should contact them again, so it really depends how long you've been waiting. If it's an emergency and you need to be together ASAP for say a medical reason put that on the forum!

Thank you!

We are almost to 7months of waiting. We're Oct filer. I am going to look on senator's website asap today.

There is no medical reason for us but we just want to start our life really soon. And this waiting time is just a waste because we have so many plans and our time are just spent on waiting.

We have been together for a long time, and we are not used to being apart., Well now that we have been apart for a long time we are still not used to it.

Most people get a hold if of the congressman By email they send letter - and you have to Re- send some paper work BUT they Email him/her After there Interviewe and they Get Put In AP - when was your Interview ???

We don't have interview yet,. Do we need to have interview for something?

Our papers is K1 and it's almost to 7months of waiting.. I might be sounding really whiny but it sucks to be apart for that long and knowing that there is a chance that we will wait even longer. :((

We are oct filers too. Just got ours Friday. From what I saw, as my fiance is from the UK, a lot who applied around the same time as ours, early oct, who's fiance(e) were from the same area were getting approved at the same time. I have a feeling yours will be coming very soon!!!

Timeline

We are oct filers too. Just got ours Friday. From what I saw, as my fiance is from the UK, a lot who applied around the same time as ours, early oct, who's fiance(e) were from the same area were getting approved at the same time. I have a feeling yours will be coming very soon!!!

wow!! congrats!!! :)

I am not from UK tho. :( I am from Philippines so I hope that they'd approve our papers soon even If I am from the Philippines. And I am doing my research while my fiancé is busy at work in Texas. So he does everything while I do the research. So he told me to research more about this so he can do what he needs to do.

This is going to sound funny but VJ site is being Facebook to me now a days. lol.

lols, I totally understand! Well a lot of people on here, just like facebook, can be negative at times, don't worry about them! I'm here for you, along with many others if you ever need any help!!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Hi, Yes Everyone Need an Interview that is How they are ether Approved OR Denied a Visa Or even put on Administrative Processing

- From what I can tell is Your fiancé he is the U.S Citizen -So YOU will have the Interview with Your consulate.

-there is Steps to go throw the USCIS - NVC - consulate Interviwe - It can take weeks or Months -Each case is Diffrent -

This is My Time Line _-- http://www.visajourney.com/timeline/profile.php?id=147079 -- But Im a Cr1 visa - Im married - so it wont Help You that Much.

Here is 3 people that are from Philippines

they are K-1 Visa and they Got Approved - You should Inbox them as ask what they Did they do and want part of the visa You guys are at.

I wish I could Help you at More but Our cases are Different

http://www.visajourney.com/timeline/profile.php?id=147174 --- http://www.visajourney.com/timeline/profile.php?id=140976 -- http://www.visajourney.com/timeline/profile.php?id=148822

This is there TimeLine but Just click on the photo and you will go to there Home page

You should also Read More about the K-1 Visa http://www.usembassy.gov/ Under EAST ASIA AND PACIFIC

I Dont Know which one is You

Philippines: Manila
Philippines: VPP Mindanao

I do Wish you the Best Of Luck - If you have any Question Please Feel Free to ask I will Try my best to answer them - Good Luck star_smile.gif

Edited by A.J

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

As others have said, email or an in person visit is best. The US citizen will need to make contact. (your boyfriend)

YMMV. I contacted three representatives. Only one responded. That one told me average processing time at CSC is current 9 months. She told me if we had not gotten a response after 10 months to contact her again and she would make an inquiry,

You are currently only at 6 months. You may or may not get help at this stage. But certainly try.

If he is getting deployed soon, you may be able to get expedited. A couple on VJ recently got approved within 30 days with a military expedite.

Igors list indicates just less then 50% of October filers have been proccessed. I would think you should see somthing in the next month or so.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Afghanistan
Timeline

you should have your fiance contact the uscis directly and ask to expedite your case due to the fact that your fiance is in the military and he might be getting deployed soon. They will then put in a request and then e-mail you to fax some proof that he is in the military and that should do it...

Our K1 Process

USCIS – Approved in 218 days

Sept. 05,12: Sent I-129F Petition
Sept. 10,12: Notice of Receipt (NOA1)
April 16,13: I-129F Petition Approved (NOA2)

NVC - 2 Days
April 22,13: NVC Received
April 24,13: Case left NVC: Destination Kabul, Afghanistan

Consulate - 251 days
April 29,13: Case Received by Embassy of Kabul, Afghanistan
May 13,13: Received Packet 3 (Interview date and Medical letter)
May 21,13: Medical
May 29,13: Interview and Placed on AP

Dec. 12,13: Embassy asked for Passport and a New Medical

Dec. 30,13: Submitted Passport and New Medical to Embassy

Jan. 02,14: Visa Status changed to ISSUED

Jan. 05,14: Picked up VISA

Feb. 19,14: POE (LAX)

Timeline

Hi. :)
Ok. I thought there's an interview before my papers even get approved. I got worried for a sec there.
I knew that when you get approved you need to schedule your interview or follow some instructions after getting approved.
Thank you A.J.

Right now we are taking it to a consideration to talk to his congressman. We just don't have idea in how to do that.
I wish this process is faster. :( it sucks!! big time!

Hi, Yes Everyone Need an Interview that is How they are ether Approved OR Denied a Visa Or even put on Administrative Processing

- From what I can tell is Your fiancé he is the U.S Citizen -So YOU will have the Interview with Your consulate.

-there is Steps to go throw the USCIS - NVC - consulate Interviwe - It can take weeks or Months -Each case is Diffrent -

This is My Time Line _-- http://www.visajourney.com/timeline/profile.php?id=147079 -- But Im a Cr1 visa - Im married - so it wont Help You that Much.

Here is 3 people that are from Philippines

they are K-1 Visa and they Got Approved - You should Inbox them as ask what they Did they do and want part of the visa You guys are at.

I wish I could Help you at More but Our cases are Different

http://www.visajourney.com/timeline/profile.php?id=147174 --- http://www.visajourney.com/timeline/profile.php?id=140976 -- http://www.visajourney.com/timeline/profile.php?id=148822

This is there TimeLine but Just click on the photo and you will go to there Home page

You should also Read More about the K-1 Visa http://www.usembassy.gov/ Under EAST ASIA AND PACIFIC

I Dont Know which one is You

Philippines: Manila
Philippines: VPP Mindanao

I do Wish you the Best Of Luck - If you have any Question Please Feel Free to ask I will Try my best to answer them - Good Luck star_smile.gif

Timeline

As others have said, email or an in person visit is best. The US citizen will need to make contact. (your boyfriend)

YMMV. I contacted three representatives. Only one responded. That one told me average processing time at CSC is current 9 months. She told me if we had not gotten a response after 10 months to contact her again and she would make an inquiry,

You are currently only at 6 months. You may or may not get help at this stage. But certainly try.

If he is getting deployed soon, you may be able to get expedited. A couple on VJ recently got approved within 30 days with a military expedite.

Igors list indicates just less then 50% of October filers have been proccessed. I would think you should see somthing in the next month or so.

Yes, We will definitely contact his congressman. We are just a little confuse on how to do it. But with your help guys we are able to have an idea on what to do. Thank you.

He is not sure yet if he is going to deploy this 2014. Even if I get approved and he gets deploy our time to be together is not gonna be enough before he deploys. That was what we were thinking about. A lot of time is being wasted being apart. :(

We might wait for 2 more weeks. We are actually September filer. But got our NOA1 on Oct 18.

So every time, I count from the time we got our NOA1.

Timeline

you should have your fiance contact the uscis directly and ask to expedite your case due to the fact that your fiance is in the military and he might be getting deployed soon. They will then put in a request and then e-mail you to fax some proof that he is in the military and that should do it...

Even if he's not sure that he might get deployed?

Originally he was really going to be deployed by 2014 but he said that the troops are being pulled out of Afghanistan or some country over there. So he is not sure that he is going to be deploy.

So if he is not sure, can we still ask for our papers to be expedite?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.