Mrs. Prince

Embassy phone number

19 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Haiti
Timeline

It is 509 22298000

You have to call before 3pm though; you can't leave messages and they close exactly at 3pm.

http://haiti.usembassy.gov/

To see a more detailed journey schedule, please see the About Me page and my Timeline.

Our K1 Process

June 7, 2012 -- Sent I-129F to June 9, 2013 -- Religious & Civil Wedding Ceremony in CT

FROM I-129f NOA1 to VISA APPROVAL: Exactly 8 months! No RFEs

Our AOS Process

July 16, 2013 -- Mailed AOS, EAD, and AP Paperwork to December 21, 2013 -- Received GC Card in the Mail!

FROM NOA1 to GREEN CARD in Hand: Exactly 4 months 27 days! No Interview or RFEs.

Our ROC Process

September 21, 2015 -- Mailed ROC Paperwork to August 6, 2016 -- Received Card in the Mail!

FROM NOA1 to GREEN CARD in Hand: Exactly 10 months 10 days! No Interview or RFEs.

Our {His} N-400 Process

Eligible to Apply for Citizenship on September 14, 2016.

October 4, 2016 -- Mailed N-400 Paperwork.

November 8, 2016 -- Completed Biometrics.

May 6, 2017 -- Received Interview Letter in the Mail.

June 8, 2017 -- Interview Passed!

June 16, 2017 -- Oath Ceremony! He is a USC!!

FROM Application to CITIZENSHIP: Exactly 8 months 13 days! No RFEs.

== I am the Petitioner/Sponsor/Citizen Spouse ==

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Haiti
Timeline

It is 509 22298000

You have to call before 3pm though; you can't leave messages and they close exactly at 3pm.

http://haiti.usembassy.gov/

for some reason everytime I called this number today, It would say it's not a working number, but my fiance was able to call them from haiti. Our case left NVC since last friday, still has not reach Haiti yet.

Timeline

Yes, they should receive it by tomorrow or Monday :) Happy you're in this step!

To see a more detailed journey schedule, please see the About Me page and my Timeline.

Our K1 Process

June 7, 2012 -- Sent I-129F to June 9, 2013 -- Religious & Civil Wedding Ceremony in CT

Our AOS Process

July 16, 2013 -- Mailed AOS, EAD, and AP Paperwork to December 21, 2013 -- Received GC Card in the Mail!

FROM NOA1 to GREEN CARD in Hand: Exactly 4 months 27 days! No Interview or RFEs.

Our ROC Process

September 21, 2015 -- Mailed ROC Paperwork to August 6, 2016 -- Received Card in the Mail!

FROM NOA1 to GREEN CARD in Hand: Exactly 10 months 10 days! No Interview or RFEs.

Our {His} N-400 Process

Timeline

Our case also went to Haiti last Friday. How long should I wait until I contact the embassy? How long will it take for them to contact my fiance? Do they call him or just mail him the package?

He lives in PAP- so I'm hoping he'll receive it quickly. I'm just not sure what is a realistic timeframe from here on out.

mtcmk1- since you've already received approval etc....- do you have any advice?

Thanks!

Timeline

Our case also went to Haiti last Friday. How long should I wait until I contact the embassy? How long will it take for them to contact my fiance? Do they call him or just mail him the package?

He lives in PAP- so I'm hoping he'll receive it quickly. I'm just not sure what is a realistic timeframe from here on out.

Thanks!

You can contact the Embassy now as long as you have the case number... I would suggest by email because they will reply as soon as they receive your case. You can request Packet 3 by email because they will not contact you. My fiance never received the packet they mailed him (He lives in Port-au-Prince too), so I'm glad we requested it by email... Below see a form email I created to contact the Embassy about your case and about sending packet 3 by email :)

Embassy Email Address: papcons@state.gov

=======SAMPLE BELOW=======

Hello:

I am writing regarding case # [CASE NUMBER].

The National Visa Center informed me that it has been forwarded to your offices. I would like to know if you have received it as of today.

Regarding this case, I would like to request that the packet 3 be sent to us via email rather than via regular mail. Below please find the information pertaining to this case. Thank you!

1. Beneficiary: [bENEFICIARY NAME] Date of Birth: [bENEFICIARY DATE OF BIRTH]

2. Case Number: [CASE NUMBER]

3. Address: [bENEFICIARY ADDRESS]

4. Email Address: [bENEFICIARY EMAIL ADDRESS]

5.Petitioner: [PETITIONER NAME] Date of Birth: [PETITIONER DATE OF BIRTH]

6. Email Address: [PETITIONER EMAIL ADDRESS]

Please email the packets to: me, the Petitioner, at [YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS]; and/or to [bENEFICIARY NAME], the Beneficiary, at [bENEFICIARY EMAIL ADDRESS]

Thank you for the reply and looking forward to getting the packet 3 by email! Thank you!

Sincerely,

-[YOUR NAME]

Our K1 Process

Our AOS Process

Our ROC Process

Our {His} N-400 Process

Timeline

You can start filling out these forms even before you receive Packet 3.

DS156K, DS157, DS230, I-134

Find all the forms here. And find the DS-156 online form here.

PS-For DS230, you only need to fill out part I.

Edited by mtcmk1

Our K1 Process

Our AOS Process

Our ROC Process

Our {His} N-400 Process

Timeline

Oh my goodness! Thank you so much! We were going to wait another week to contact them, but I will right now. Thanks for the advice and form email!

You're welcome :)

Our K1 Process

Our AOS Process

Our ROC Process

Our {His} N-400 Process

Timeline

A couple other questions, if you don't mind:

1. Was I suppossed to pay a visa fee while our case was at NVC? I was not asked to. (We are doing a K-1 Alien Fiance visa)

I thought I was going to have to pay something online? Do they collect this fee at the embassy or would I have paid it when I initially filed? (our lawyer took care of our filing/fees...)

2. So I could fill out these forms and mail them down to my fiance in Haiti?

3. For DS230, why is just Part 1 completed?

4. I know our lawywer prepared the Affidavit of support when we initially filed in July, 2012. Do I submite an updated copy or is that one sufficient?

5. For our interview, I will bring copies of everything I already submitted as well as more evidence. Is there anything that you would highly recommend we include? Can I assume that all the paperwork I have submitted so far will be there already- or should I have copies just in case?

Thanks for your advice!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

*** Thread moved from K-1 Process forum to the Caribbean regional subforum -- topic is specific to Haiti and not specifically a K-1 process issue. ***

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Timeline

Please see my answers in RED.

A couple other questions, if you don't mind:

1. Was I suppossed to pay a visa fee while our case was at NVC? I was not asked to. (We are doing a K-1 Alien Fiance visa)

I thought I was going to have to pay something online? Do they collect this fee at the embassy or would I have paid it when I initially filed? (our lawyer took care of our filing/fees...)

You have to pay a Visa Fee at any Sogébank. Wait until you receive the Packet 3 from the Embassy to do that. You will need your passport and case number.

2. So I could fill out these forms and mail them down to my fiance in Haiti?

Even better, since you don't have to sign anything except the new Letter of Intent and I-134 with supporting documents, you could fill them out and email them to him. But since you'll have to mail Your tax information anyway along with the LOI, then you could just print and mail. Print 3 copies of each as some the Embassy requests them in duplicate.

3. For DS230, why is just Part 1 completed?

Because that's the only part the Embassy needs. The other part as you can see is for traveling into the US--It is a sworn statement. You can fill it out if you want (I did), but it will be returned to you. Once you receive packet 3 via email, you will see the instructions only request for Part I.

4. I know our lawywer prepared the Affidavit of support when we initially filed in July, 2012. Do I submite an updated copy or is that one sufficient?

You will need to submit an updated copy. As things may have changed while you were waiting for the processing. Please do that when you submit Packet 3 because that may delay your case if you don't...

5. For our interview, I will bring copies of everything I already submitted as well as more evidence. Is there anything that you would highly recommend we include? Can I assume that all the paperwork I have submitted so far will be there already- or should I have copies just in case?

Bring copies just in case (I did and it was a great help) and also bring new evidences! See here for my cover letter of what I included with Packet 3... Please download it and use it as a guide :)

Good luck!

Thanks for your advice!

You're welcome!

Edited by mtcmk1

Our K1 Process

Our AOS Process

Our ROC Process

Our {His} N-400 Process

Timeline

Thanks!

I suggest you email them, request packet 3 via email include also his email address, once they received it, they will send you packet 3

Timeline

Thank you both so much! This was so helpful and preparing definitely helps with the waiting!

You're welcome! Glad I could help! Good luck with everything and feel free to contact me with any questions you have! :)

Our K1 Process

Our AOS Process

Our ROC Process

Our {His} N-400 Process

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.