Wade&Carito

I-129f approved today!

9 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Ecuador
Timeline

I was just on the phone with a friend complaining about the massive delays which is affecting my current work commitment. The timeframe for scheduling an interview in Guayaquil, Ecuador will determine if I commit to another long term work contract in 5 weeks when my current contract expires. There will be no vacation time for me to go to interview if I sign up for a new contract term. I estimated this work contract around what I thought would be good timing for USCIS.

As it happens while I was talking on the phone a text message came in stating we were approved! I checked my email and got all the details saying it was mailed today and for me to follow the instructions when I receive the notice.

I am curious that once I get the forms filled out how long is it taking to get through step 2? I was frustrated with the long delay on the petition and wonder if there will continue to be longer than normal times for this next step? How long is this taking other people now?

What can I expect now? I will not get the notice in the mail for a few days but I want to do everything to progress this as quickly as possible.

I am going through CSC and fiancee is in Guayaquil, Ecuador.

Thanks so much for the support of this forum!!

Wade

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Congrats !!!! :dancing:

Read the interviewing embassy page, and using the forum's google function, search out posting from veteran VJ member T-Bone - he had an "interesting" experience at the Ecuador embassy. :thumbs:

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Progress report moved to progress reports.

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Your I-129f was approved in 5 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 67 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS was approved in 2 months and 8 days without interview.

ROC was approved in 3 months and 2 days without interview.

I am a Citizen of the United States of America. 04/16/13

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Check out this thread from T-Bone:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/410945-k-1-journey-completed/

:thumbs: :thumbs:

Edited by A&B

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Timeline

Ok thanks, I will do some searches in the forum, I just wanted to know about recent experiences on how well people are progressing through step 2 of this? I want to do everything I can to progress this as quickly as possible. I really am hoping to be going to Ecuador before the end June for the interview. Do you think that is possible?

What are things I can do right now so I am better prepared when I get the notice in the mail? I will not get it until it goes to my home in another state and I then have to have a friend forward it to me, this will take longer than I wish but I hope to be prepared so I can mail it back ASAP.

What about other procedures I need to prepare for now?

Thanks again.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Romania
Timeline
z516fda8d491ea.gif
I'm the Beneficiary
N400 April 2017 fillers: https://goo.gl/cp2Uxz
Support group for Romanian-American couples--> https://www.facebook.com/groups/520291304693940/

Timeline

I may not have been very clear on my original post. I was excited about getting approved but my real intent was to get a few questions answered.

The notice will be mailed to a different address many states away from me, I will have to get someone to get it and mail it to me.

There is going to be a delay before I receive it and I want to know what is in that packet?

What can I do right now to prepare for it so when I finally get it there is a quick turnaround for me to get it back in the mail?

How about timeframe for getting through this next step? How long is it taking other people currently?

Anything my fiancee should be doing at this point?

I would like to know what a best guess is for how long it the average time is from when I complete this step and getting to interview?

Also does anyone know about the Guayaquil consulate and their restrictions of taking things to interview? I heard you cannot take anything and if you even take a cell phone you are sent away and have to reschedule the interview. I also heard if you take too much information that it is not good. I have a file folder about 10 inches thick, will they send me away for having all of that with me?

maybe I should break all of this up in separate posts, but I am just trying to gather information from this point forward.

Thank you very much.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.