Vishal Dude

Questions regarding PCC!! Local Police Station?? Passport Office?? Another meaning of PCC?? Please Help Guys!!

14 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

I am about to submit my DS 230 to NVC & have lots of questions. (I'm from India)

First of all, What is PCC? Is it Police Clearance Certificate? or Passport Clearance Certificate? or Both?

Second, From where to obtain one? The reason I am asking is I have been born & brought up in State ABC. My passport also has been issued my state ABC, but because of my job I'm leaving in state XYZ. So, now from which state's passport office I should get my Police Clearance Certificate?

Should I also obtain one form local police station?

What is Passport Clearance Certificate and from where to obtain one?

I called all NVC, Consulate & Passport office, they all have different opinions.

Thanks

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

It's the Police Clearance Certificate, and you need to get one from any country that you've resided in for the past five years. I don't think the state it's issued from matters.

As for where to get it, you'll have to ask in the India subforum.

USC who lived in Manabí, Ecuador with hubby from 2009 - 2013. Hubby became a naturalized American citizen in August 2016. Currently living together in northern Virginia.

For full timeline, see "about me".

Latest Dates

N-400 Filing - 03/14/2016

NOA - 03/15/2016

Biometrics - 04/13/2016

In Line - 05/11/2016

Interview Notice - 06/03/2016

Interview Date - 07/11/2016

Oath - 08/29/2016

Timeline

I am about to submit my DS 230 to NVC & have lots of questions. (I'm from India)

First of all, What is PCC? Is it Police Clearance Certificate? or Passport Clearance Certificate? or Both?

Second, From where to obtain one? The reason I am asking is I have been born & brought up in State ABC. My passport also has been issued my state ABC, but because of my job I'm leaving in state XYZ. So, now from which state's passport office I should get my Police Clearance Certificate?

Should I also obtain one form local police station?

What is Passport Clearance Certificate and from where to obtain one?

I called all NVC, Consulate & Passport office, they all have different opinions.

Thanks

Just to be safe I would suggestyou to get PCC from both the locations you lived since the age 16. You can get it from Passport Office and they will verify your information with the local police station. You can apply online and get the appointment.

Timeline

Just to be safe I would suggestyou to get PCC from both the locations you lived since the age 16. You can get it from Passport Office and they will verify your information with the local police station. You can apply online and get the appointment.

So you mean I will have to apply for PCC to 3 locations?? (I have lived in 3 location more then 6 months)

Means applying online 3 times for 3 different locations??

But I have moved from my previous location and if you see while applying online, they ask for your address, what to mentioned then?

Thanks

It's the Police Clearance Certificate, and you need to get one from any country that you've resided in for the past five years. I don't think the state it's issued from matters.

As for where to get it, you'll have to ask in the India subforum.

Sorry, didn't knew there is India subforum as well, can any moderator move my post to there?

Thanks

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Sorry, didn't knew there is India subforum as well, can any moderator move my post to there?

Moved from IR-1/CR-1 Process & Procedures to India regional forum per your request.

Our journey:

Spoiler

September 2007: Met online via social networking site (MySpace); began exchanging messages.
March 26, 2009: We become a couple!
September 10, 2009: Arrived for first meeting in-person!
June 17, 2010: Arrived for second in-person meeting and start of travel together to other areas of China!
June 21, 2010: Engaged!!!
September 1, 2010: Switched course from K1 to CR-1
December 8, 2010: Wedding date set; it will be on February 18, 2011!
February 9, 2011: Depart for China
February 11, 2011: Registered for marriage in Wuhan, officially married!!!
February 18, 2011: Wedding ceremony in Shiyan!!!
April 22, 2011: Mailed I-130 to Chicago
April 28, 2011: Received NOA1 via text/email, file routed to CSC (priority date April 25th)
April 29, 2011: Updated
May 3, 2011: Received NOA1 hardcopy in mail
July 26, 2011: Received NOA2 via text/email!!!
July 30, 2011: Received NOA2 hardcopy in mail
August 8, 2011: NVC received file
September 1, 2011: NVC case number assigned
September 2, 2011: AOS invoice received, OPTIN email for EP sent
September 7, 2011: Paid AOS bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 9, 2011)
September 8, 2011: OPTIN email accepted, GZO number assigned
September 10, 2011: Emailed AOS package
September 12, 2011: IV bill invoiced
September 13, 2011: Paid IV bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 14, 2011)
September 14, 2011: Emailed IV package
October 3, 2011: Emailed checklist response (checklist generated due to typo on Form DS-230)
October 6, 2011: Case complete at NVC
November 10, 2011: Interview - APPROVED!!!
December 7, 2011: POE - Sea-Tac Airport

September 17, 2013: Mailed I-751 to CSC

September 23, 2013: Received NOA1 in mail (receipt date September 19th)

October 16, 2013: Biometrics Appointment

January 28, 2014: Production of new Green Card ordered

February 3, 2014: New Green Card received; done with USCIS until fall of 2023*

December 18, 2023:  Filed I-90 to renew Green Card

December 21, 2023:  Production of new Green Card ordered - will be seeing USCIS again every 10 years for renewal

Timeline

Me and my husband actually did a lot of research on this as we had the same issue.

He was born in different city....lived in different city for quite some time and now due to job had moved to a different city.

I would suggest you get a Passport clearance certificate which is provided by the local passport office. Since the address where your passport is generated is different than the address you currently live - they will check your background centrally within the country.

This is actually confirmed by NVC as well. A very nice guy guided me through and said they dont need a PCC from every municipality as long as it is centrally checked through a passport office.

Hope this answers your question.

Timeline

Me and my husband actually did a lot of research on this as we had the same issue.

He was born in different city....lived in different city for quite some time and now due to job had moved to a different city.

I would suggest you get a Passport clearance certificate which is provided by the local passport office. Since the address where your passport is generated is different than the address you currently live - they will check your background centrally within the country.

This is actually confirmed by NVC as well. A very nice guy guided me through and said they dont need a PCC from every municipality as long as it is centrally checked through a passport office.

Hope this answers your question.

This helps a lot but I am again confused when you say "get a Passport clearance certificate which is provided by the local passport office".

Which Local Passport Office?

1. The Passport Office Where My Passport has been Issued?

2. 1. The Passport Office Where of the city where I stay/live currently because of Job?

I guess that's what confusing me :(

And is there any difference between Police Clearance Certificate and Passport Clearance Certificate? Do I need to obtain both?

Edited by Vishal Dude

Timeline

This helps a lot but I am again confused when you say "get a Passport clearance certificate which is provided by the local passport office".

Which Local Passport Office?

1. The Passport Office Where My Passport has been Issued?

2. 1. The Passport Office Where of the city where I stay/live currently because of Job?

I guess that's what confusing me :(

And is there any difference between Police Clearance Certificate and Passport Clearance Certificate? Do I need to obtain both?

Get the Passport clearance certificate from the passport office where you're currently living. Its better to get it from the recent city.

You will not need to obtain both - when you actually apply for a PCC at the local passport office they send your verification to commissioner office and local police station while passport office checks your data nationaly.

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Get the Passport clearance certificate from the passport office where you're currently living. Its better to get it from the recent city.

You will not need to obtain both - when you actually apply for a PCC at the local passport office they send your verification to commissioner office and local police station while passport office checks your data nationaly.

i further have one question related to PCC

A] when do we need to submit this to immigration

1) during submission of DS230 ?

2) or during the INTERVIEW at New Delhi US consulate?

B] how long is validity of the PCC, can i apply in advance (or) i have to apply at a specifit time frame?

------------------------

17 APRIL 2013 : NOA1 Priority date
27 NOV: TSC; Transfered from NBC

3 Feb : NOA2 ( 296 days)

4 March: Shipped to NVC

11 March : Received at NVC

11 April: Case # assigned

18 April: paid both fees

9May: mailed AOS & IV packages

8May: DS260 completed

16May: packets scanned in NVC system

13 June: check list : missing page 7 of i864.

25 June : scan date AOS checklist

7 Aug: Case Complete...... BIG ACCOMPLISHMENT

14 Aug: interview date assigned

16 Aug: Email interview appointment received

18 Aug: Medical completed

23 Aug: biometric done,DS260 stamped, fingerprints taken.

10 Sep: interview day; interview took 511 days from I-130 NOA1

====================================================

11. 9/17/2016: I-751 packet received by CSC

12.Check Cashed : 9/21/2016

13. NOA1: 9/23/2016

14. BIOMETRICS : 10/12/2016

---------------------------

Timeline

I guess for New Delhi Consulate you will have to submit PCC with DS 230 but please double check by calling NVC

PCC is valid for 6 months

i further have one question related to PCC

A] when do we need to submit this to immigration

1) during submission of DS230 ?

2) or during the INTERVIEW at New Delhi US consulate?

B] how long is validity of the PCC, can i apply in advance (or) i have to apply at a specifit time frame?

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: India
Timeline

Hiiii,how long police verification certificate is valid???to get Police clearance sertificate from

Passport office, cause i got police verification sertificate 7 months back, is it valid till now to get PCC???or do I need to get PVC again??? Plz help

Timeline

I guess for New Delhi Consulate you will have to submit PCC with DS 230 but please double check by calling NVC

PCC is valid for 6 months

Just wanted to correct you. The PCC is valid for 1 year, not 6 months.

H9Opm4.png?Ef96n7x7

D8vLm5.png

USCIS
11/15/2012- Filed I-130 through USPS
11/17/2012- USPS confirmed delivery
11/19/2012- USCIS text for receiving form (priority date 11/19/2012) to NBC
11/22/2012- NOA1 Hardcopy Received from NBC
12/18/2012 - Touched
12/18/2012 - Case status finally visible
02/01/2013 - NOA 2: APPROVED text received (74 days)
02/07/2013 - Hard copy NOA2

NVC
04/02/2013 - NVC Received
04/03/2013 - Received IIN & NVC Case Number (Congressman requested expedite due to USCIS & NVC Snafu)
04/03/2013 - Send DS-3032 Email
04/04/2013 - Received I-864 Bill
04/04/2013 - Pay I-864 Bill
04/05/2013 - Shipped Completed I-864
04/08/2013 - DS-3032 accepted
04/08/2013 - AOS Delivered
04/09/2013 - Receive IV Bill
04/09/2013 - IV Bill PAID
04/10/2013 - IV Package shipped
04/11/2013 - IV Package delivered
04/18/2013 - AOS Accepted - False IV Checklist received
04/23/2013 - Case Completed at NVC (16 Business Days or 22 Calendar Days)

Embassy
05/23/2013 - Medical
05/13/2013 - Embassy Received
06/12/2013 - Interview Date
APPROVED - Interview Result
XX/XX/XXXX-Visa
07/06/2013 - POE Newark

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.