Cheese2

US Consulates in Canada

16 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hello,

When we filed our I-129F back in September 2012, we listed Calgary as the consulate I would be going through because I am from winnipeg and it was the easiest one to get to. Filling out my timeline I noticed that Calgary isn't an option for a consulate, has anyone else on here from Canada gone through Calgary?

Calgary does not do K-1 visas. It's either Montreal or Vancouver.

AOS for my husband
8/17/10: INTERVIEW DAY (day 123) APPROVED!!

ROC:
5/23/12: Sent out package
2/06/13: APPROVED!

Timeline

They will change it for you when they process it to the closest one to your residence. You'll have a bit of travel. That's just the way it is unfortunately

K-1 VISA ADVENTURE:
04-01-2012: Engaged in Detroit, Michigan at Comerica Park!
USCIS
05-02-2012: Sent I-129F to Dallas Lockbox
05-14-2012: Received Physical NOA1
08-09-2012: Received Physical NOA2
Montreal Embassy
08-21-2012: Package 3
09-06-2012: Package 4
11-12-2012: Medical in Toronto, Ontario (Approved-Went Well! Tip: Make sure you have ALL of your vaccinations up to date when you go to your medical exam! It CAN delay things.
11-19-2012: Interview in Montreal (APPROVED!!)
11-21-2012: Received Passport and Visa Package Back From Montreal (DHL/LOOMIS OPENED OUR SEALED ENVELOPE! SENT BACK TO MONTREAL ON 11-23-2012 TO BE RESEALED)
12-04-2012: Recevied resealed Visa package from Montreal
12-23-2012: POE: Port Huron, Michigan (Everything Went Great!)
02-16-2013: Wedding Date! We're MARRIED!

AOS

06-18-2013: Sent AOS Package to Chicago Lockbox

06-20-2013: USPS Estimating Package Should Arrive in Chicago

06-24-2013: Received NOA Text and Emails for All Applications

06-27-2013: Received Physical NOAs for AOS, EAD and AP

07-16-2013: Biometrics Appointment

07-29-2013: I-485 Ready for Interview to Be Scheduled!!! YAY!!!! (No EXTREMELY Long Wait!)

08-02-2013: Received Mail with Interview Date!

09-03-2013: Interview in Detroit, Michigan (APPROVED!)

09-04-2013: EAD/AP Approved! (Even though it no longer matters because GC was approved the day before)

09-09-2013: Green Card mailed out via USPS 2-Day Air

09-11-2013: Received 2 Year Conditional Green Card in the Mail

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I'm from Winnipeg originally as well. Yeah, you'll be going through Vancouver. Start saving for that trip now. I was able to do the medical and interview in one 2-day trip, but they've changed which medical clinic you can use and apparently synchronizing medicals with interviews is harder than it used to be.

Edited by HeatDeath

DON'T PANIC

"It says wonderful things about the two countries [Canada and the US] that neither one feels itself being inundated by each other's immigrants."

-Douglas Coupland

The medical for the west coast is Dr. Cheema. Mostly it looks like you can get the results back the next day but I would give it an extra day between. He's located in Surrey which is close to, but not Vancouver.

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Country specific issue moved to regional forums for the country.

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Your I-129f was approved in 5 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 67 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS was approved in 2 months and 8 days without interview.

ROC was approved in 3 months and 2 days without interview.

I am a Citizen of the United States of America. 04/16/13

Timeline

I'm from Winnipeg originally as well. Yeah, you'll be going through Vancouver. Start saving for that trip now. I was able to do the medical and interview in one 2-day trip, but they've changed which medical clinic you can use and apparently synchronizing medicals with interviews is harder than it used to be.

Do you know if all winnipeg applications get sent to Vancouver? Or is it based on which area you're going to be living in the states?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Do you know if all winnipeg applications get sent to Vancouver? Or is it based on which area you're going to be living in the states?

All K1 applications in eastern Canada go to Montreal, all K1 application in western Canada go to Vancouver. It's based on where you live in Canada. Unfortunately, you will have to travel to Vancouver.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I live in Toronto. I have read that i can still have my medical exam here and go to Montreal just for the interview. Is this right?

Thanks

That's correct, there are a few doctors in the GTA, two new ones : one in Scarborough and one in Vaughn. Or you can do your medical in Montreal too.

Check the first and second posts of the NVC May Filers thread, all the info is there for ya!

IR-1/CR-1 Visa

I am the BENEFICIARY

May 08: Met online via PS3/Call of Duty Multiplayer game; began chatting and playing regularly.
06/10/09: We become a couple <3
11/06/10: Engaged!!! (Technically we've been engaged for months, but he never had a chance to put a ring on me until Nov 6)
10/10/10: Married in Toronto!
03/2011: Filed for hubby's Canadian Permanent Residence.
10/11: Hubby's PR approved and moved to Toronto! (He just didn't like living here)

I-130
12/15/12: Mailed I-130 to Chicago
12/21/12: Received NOA1 via text/email, file routed to NBC
01/29/13: Received NOA2 via email (40 days since filing I-130)

NVC - ELECTRONIC PROCESSING FROM CANADA
02/06/2013: NVC Received
02/25/2013: Received IIN and BIN numbers
03/05/2013: Received Opt-in Confirmation email
03/26/2013: Received DS-260 / I-864 Bill
03/26/2013: Pay I-864 Bill
04/04/2013: Emailed Completed I-864
02/26/2013: Return Completed DS-261
02/26/2013: Return Completed DS-260
03/26/2013: Receive IV Bill
03/26/2013: IV Bill PAID
04/04/2013: Emailed Completed IV Packet
04/17/2013: AOS RFE Received sad.png
04/17/2013: Return RFE
04/30/2013: Case Completed at NVC

POST NVC

05/27/2013: Medical

06/17/2013: Interview/APPROVED!!!

06/19/2013: Visa ready for Pickup

xx/xx/xxxx: POE

• 4 weeks later...
Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

My sister in law is thinking she will be going to Calgary because she lives in SK. Seems she is still misinformed. I am the USC and my dh is Canadian and now my SIL has been approved for her K-1 visa to her man from Missouri. Thanks for confirming that some things never change like the fact MTL and VAN are the only K-1 visa interview locations.

Yeah that'd be nice to be able to go down to Calgary. I leave Monday for a week in Montreal! LOL. your SIL in Sask will be going to Vancouver. She can get the medical done by Dr. Cheema in Surrey.

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Have fun in MTL. Remember to face the back of the elevator when you go up to the floor for the consulate and have the cash for the visa fee whatever it is now. DH still talks about "Gaston" the security guard who kept a couple little old ladies from coming under the door awning when it was raining even because it wasn't their turn.

From what I understand my SIL used her parents address in Ontario so she will likely be going to get her medical in Toronto and then to MTL for her interview.

When did you initially apply for your K-1 and when did you get your NOA2?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.