we r one

How long til you get NVC case number?

24 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Greece
Timeline

Case approved and told sent to NVC. 36 days later and it has not made it to the NVC or NVC has no

record of recieving it. I have called USCIS they say call NVC, I called NVC and they say call USCIS.

Then told at the USCIS to call dept of state and they say there is no record of it making it to NVC.

Does anyone have any advice to share or that might help?

Lost and confused just want to know where my case is....

I see so many getting to NVC in a week or two..

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

The same thing happend to us. When they could not find ours we emailed here: nvcresearch@state.gov. put the beneficiaries USCIS number and DOB in the subject and asked them to locate it. We also called the NVC and asked that it be located. I wrote:

My name is , DOB , petitioner for , DOB . Attached please find the Notice of Action from USCIS indicating the approval of this case. I contacted your office today 2/22/2013, regarding the status of this case with your agency. I was told by the operator that to date it had not reached your system. The operator further stated that the usual integration of applications into your system is 2 weeks. Please research the status/location of this file an update me as soon as possible as to when I can expect to receive a case/invoice number.

Thanks for your immediate attention.

Lifting Conditions I751 Event Date CIS Office : Vermont Service CenterDate Filed : 2013-12-12NOA Date : 2013-12-30RFE(s) : Bio. Appt. : 1/29/14Interview Date :Approval / Denial Date : 4/22/14Got I551 Stamp :Green Card Received :[4/29/2014]Comments : cfmstore_flag_hybrid_ghana_america_heade<p>

Some people's are taking longer. In my case, five weeks. It just took longer to get there. They wait and send them in batches.

I'm a dual US/Hungarian citizen (both by birth; Hungarian citizenship verification TBA), and my husband is a dual British/Irish citizen (by treaty) from Northern Ireland. We are atheists.

All advice is given pursuant to the Disclaimer that you may read at the bottom of each forum page.

LATEST STEPS:

28 Jun 2013: POE Houston

08 Jul 2013: SSN received (at SSA office)

07 Aug 2013: Green Card received

27 Feb 2014: Whoa, life happened. Planning move "back home" together to Republic of Ireland by end of April.

29 Apr 2014: POE Dublin through Heathrow

15 May 2014: Received formal residency/work permission (GNIB card with Stamp 4, one year renewable) for the ROI

For my FULL timeline, see my "About Me" page.

For small creatures such as we, the vastness is bearable only through love. (Carl Sagan)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Greece
Timeline

thank you all who replied,

evoria

Thank you, i have donethis and was emailed back that NVC will contact the USCIS on my behalf, and then get back to me.

speedwell

Yes you are or maybe right. I have read some cases could take 10 -15 days, some are taking 4 to 8 weeks, and others are taking even longer.

I am happy your case is at or is in route to NVC. I pray your journey is not a long one.

take care and keep in touch.

khunkazuri

Yes, I am in texas, and my service center is in san antonio

have you contacted your local service center? if so what did they say?

Yes you might be right. everything is looking the same...

What do we do now?

Thank you all very much.

Ours is also San Antonio, Texas and NVC received our case after 55 days from approval. It will get in there soon. Just give them time and if you want you can call the USCIS and speak to tier 2 to ask and they can make a service request. God bless

51 days and counting, my case is still NOT with NVC.. :crying:

CSC-NBC-Memphis field office

Edited by Memphis

USCIS

8/10/12-Sent I-130 x2

8/17/12-NOA1

2/28/13-NOA2

NVC

5/6/13-Case# & IIN recvd

7/23/13-Case complete!

US Embassy

9/4/13-Interview- APPROVED!

9/7/13-Visas on hand

10/27/13-POE: SFO

11/5/13- SSN's received

12/2/13-GC's on hand

US Citizenship soon...

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

I have some data that might be useful and helpful to some.

My I-130 petition (with an MSC number) was approved in 110 days (NOA-2 on March 11, 2013). Then it disappeared into a "black hole" between USCIS and NVC. Multiple calls to the customer service numbers and emails to NVCResearch to no avail (including asking a "second tier" USCIS rep whether the petition had been adjudicated at a local field office). As of April 17, it had not been received by NVC (and I have not yet heard back from NVCResearch or the promised USCIS research). So, I went to my U.S. Congressional representative, and within a FEW days, learned that the petition had been sent by MSC (NBC) to the Houston field office (as I had suspected).

USCIS told my Congressman: "This is an update to your April 12, 2013 email regarding the Department of Homeland Security's (DHS) Office of Citizenship ad Immigration Services' (CIS) receipt number MSC___________. We researched this case with the CIS' Field office in Houston, Texas. They indicated that although this case was approved on March 11, 2013, it was not forwarded to the National Visa Center until April 9, 2013."

Based on my observations so far, it appears to me that petitions actually adjudicated at MSC (NBC) are generally sent in a timely fashion to the NVC. It also appears that the petitions that disappear for prolonged periods between NOA-2 and receipt by NVC are being adjudicated at local field offices.

A knowledgable official (a division director) at the U.S. Dept. of State in Washington recommended that I write USCIS "...to determine when the case was sent to NVC and to request a tracking number for the shipment in which your petition was mailed to NVC." This is exactly what I have done. And where to send the inquiry? More on that below.

So, what I suggest is this. Anyone whose petition has not been received by the NVC after 30 days, go to your U.S. Congress representative. Ask to talk with the aide that handles immigration issues. Fill out their Privacy Authorization Form. Find out where your petition was actually adjudicated (remember, even if you have an MSC number, it may well have been adjudicated at a local field office). Then write the Director of that local field office.

Here is the letter that I have just sent to the Houston field office:

Dear Ms. _________,

This letter is in regard to an I-130 petition which was approved with a Notice Date of March 11, 2013 (MSC__________; petitioner ___________, DOB __________; beneficiary ______________, DOB ______________). A copy of the I-797 Notice of Action is enclosed.

The NVC has not received this petition (as of the last time I checked, 04-17-2013). My U.S. Representative, ________________ has informed me that this petition was adjudicated in the Houston USCS field office, and that although it was approved on March 11, 2013, it was not forwarded to the National Visa Center until April 9, 2013.

Mr. ______________, Bureau of Consular Affairs, United States Department of State advised me in a letter dated April 16, 2013, to “...contact USCIS to determine when the case was sent to NVC and to request a tracking number for the shipment in which your petition was mailed to NVC.”

Please confirm the date when this petition was sent to the NVC and provide me with the tracking number.

In addition, assuming that the information provided to Congressman ________was correct, please provide me with an explanation or rationale for the delay of 29 days between the approval of this petition and its mailing to the NVC. Is this time period the standard operating procedure of your office or does it represent an error or exception?

Please find my contact information above.

Sincerely,

-----------------------------------------

So, we r one, if you learn that your petition was adjudicated in San Antonio, here is the San Antonio district office info:

USCIS

San Antonio District Office SAO

District Director: Mario Ortiz

Field Office Director: Albert Wiley Blakeway

8940 Fourwinds Drive Phone: (210) 967-7109

San Antonio, TX 78239 Fax: (210) 967-7102

And Memphis, here is the info for the Memphis field office:

USCIS

Memphis Field Office

Field Office Director: Diane Campbell

842 Virginia Run Cove Phone: (901) 333-1501

Memphis, TN 38122 Fax: (901) 544-3507

Does anyone else need info for their local field office?

I am sick of USCIS treating people like this --- people who are carefully following all the rules. Causing agony and anguish when an approved I-130 disappears into a black hole, sometimes for months at a time. It would not be so bad if there were an efficient and courteous liaison between U.S. citizens and USCIS and NVC. But, as many others have experienced, the customer service people are frequently ill-informed and/or borderline rude. I would not mind waiting if the customer service people could tell me in a timely fashion, "don't worry, it is not lost, it was adjudicated at your local field office and they batch approved petitions and send them once per month or six weeks to NVC. If you have an emergency situation, please contact ________________"

Finally, they are trained to respond rapidly to congressional representatives (I have their published guidelines on this!). It is clear that they virtually ignore U.S. citizens (who do not happen to be members of Congress). This is particularly galling around the income tax deadline...

Parenthetically, if the Directors of the field offices ignore your letter, I know what the next step should be (complaint to the Office of the Inspector General, which I have found effective in the past in other bureaucratic nightmares).

Is there a downside to writing the USCIS field offices to ask them for a ship date and tracking info (as a Division Chief at the Dept of State recommends)? I doubt it. Your I-130 has already been approved by the USCIS. They are just being negligent in sending approved petitions in a timely fashion to the NVC. They need to know that they are not anonymous and unaccountable. (But, be factual and courteous.)

Best regards,

KhunKazuri

@ KhunKazuri

Thank you so much for that info. :thumbs:

USCIS

8/10/12-Sent I-130 x2

8/17/12-NOA1

2/28/13-NOA2

NVC

5/6/13-Case# & IIN recvd

7/23/13-Case complete!

US Embassy

9/4/13-Interview- APPROVED!

9/7/13-Visas on hand

10/27/13-POE: SFO

11/5/13- SSN's received

12/2/13-GC's on hand

US Citizenship soon...

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

Check out this persons story. I think it gives some interesting information. I think its amazing that their file was lost, attached to another file that had been put in storage. My God is that what has been happening, why some people are waiting 8 or 9 months. They give some interesting advice on how to get things moving.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/425972-noa2-approval-how-to-speed-up-the-process/

Lifting Conditions I751 Event Date CIS Office : Vermont Service CenterDate Filed : 2013-12-12NOA Date : 2013-12-30RFE(s) : Bio. Appt. : 1/29/14Interview Date :Approval / Denial Date : 4/22/14Got I551 Stamp :Green Card Received :[4/29/2014]Comments : cfmstore_flag_hybrid_ghana_america_heade<p>

My God is that what has been happening, why some people are waiting 8 or 9 months. They give some interesting advice on how to get things moving.

I'm not your God, but no. That is not what is happening. Delay is happening because of a new procedure, internal politics, external politics, failure of communication, and government-of-the-lowest-bidder.

I'm a dual US/Hungarian citizen (both by birth; Hungarian citizenship verification TBA), and my husband is a dual British/Irish citizen (by treaty) from Northern Ireland. We are atheists.

All advice is given pursuant to the Disclaimer that you may read at the bottom of each forum page.

LATEST STEPS:

27 Feb 2014: Whoa, life happened. Planning move "back home" together to Republic of Ireland by end of April.

15 May 2014: Received formal residency/work permission (GNIB card with Stamp 4, one year renewable) for the ROI

For small creatures such as we, the vastness is bearable only through love. (Carl Sagan)

Filed: IR-5 Timeline

Case approved and told sent to NVC. 36 days later and it has not made it to the NVC or NVC has no

record of recieving it. I have called USCIS they say call NVC, I called NVC and they say call USCIS.

Then told at the USCIS to call dept of state and they say there is no record of it making it to NVC.

I noticed lately that some people are in the same situation as yours. I hope they found your file. Someone is not doing his job well there...

USCIS: I-130 Petition (Mother)
- 03/21/12: I-130 Sent via FedExpress
- 03/30/12: NOA1 Recv'd via mail
- 11/21/12: APPROVED (NOA2 mailed)
- 11/27/12: NOA2 Recv'd.

NVC (Mother)
- 11/27/12: NVC Recv'd file
- 11/29/12: NVC Case no. & IIN assigned.
- 11/30/12: AOS Bill PAID/DS 3032 emailed
- 12/04/12: AOS Package sent
- 12/07/12: DS-3032 Accepted, IV Bill PAID
- 12/11/12: IV Bill online status: "PAID".
- 12/15/12: IV Package sent.
- 12/17/12: IV Package delivered.
- 02/19/13: Missing civil documents sent
- 02/28/13: Case Complete
- 03/05/13: Per Email, Int.Date 04/10/13

U.S. EMBASSY (Mother)

- 04/02/13: Medical done & PASSED 4/8/13

- 04/10/13: Interview (AP - 221g blue: Missing docs & Medical Report

- 05/09/13: VISA ISSUED
- 06/26/13: POE - JFK NYC

USCIS: I-130 Petition (Father)
- 10/10/12: I-130 Sent-USPS Express
- 10/11/12: I-130 Delivered
- 10/16/12: Rec'd email (NOA1 mailed & File routed to NBC)
- 12/12/12: Per ISO, File routed to the Local Office (Nov 28)

- 02/07/13: RFE Letter was mailed to me this date, requesting proof of father/son relationship. (Unfortunately, I DID NOT RECEIVE A RFE LETTER)

- 03/28/13: Received NOID (Notice of Intent to Deny)

- 04/02/13: Made appointment to speak with the IO at my local office.
- 04/03/13: APPROVED (NOA2 mailed)

NVC (Father)
- 04/12/13: NVC recvd file
- 04/22/13: NVC Case no.& IIN Assigned

- 04/26/13: AOS Bill Invoced & Paid /AOS Package Sent / DS-3032 Email-Format sent

- 05/08/13: DS-3032 Accepted & IV fee Billed & Invoice Paid.

- 06/27/13: IV package sent

- 07/23/13: Case complete

- 09/09/13: Interview Date

- 11/08/13: Visa Issued

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

I am in same situation. I-130 approved on 03/12/2013, still NVC has not received the file.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

I am in same situation. I-130 approved on 03/12/2013, still NVC has not received the file.

Please see my long post above. Now is the time to get your Congress person (US House Representative) involved. It appears that MSC is sending petitions to local field offices, and after the local offices adjudicate and approve them, they are sitting on them, instead of sending them in a timely fashion to NVC.

Please see my long post above. Now is the time to get your Congress person (US House Representative) involved. It appears that MSC is sending petitions to local field offices, and after the local offices adjudicate and approve them, they are sitting on them, instead of sending them in a timely fashion to NVC.

Or Senator's office. But yes, I concur.

LATEST STEPS:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.