Alice L.

Some answers needed please !!!!!

7 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Hello

I am a US citizen and my fiancé just arrived in the US on K1 fiancé visa. We are first cousins and i live in chicago illinois and according to the law, we can not get married in the illinois state. Therefore, we planned to go to Tampa Florida and so we are going there next week for our marriage.

I had couple of questions regarding our case:

1. Can i apply for his social in Chicago ??

2. After we get the marriage certificate, can we apply from Indiana and not Florida for the Green Card ??

3. I don't know if we would require to put our address somewhere for the marriage license and certificate, but if we have to then can we put our recent Chicago's address or we'll have to put Florida's address ??

Thanks in advance.

Note : When he gave the interview back in his country he was given a 221g and was asked to get an affidavit stating that we are gonna get married and live in the State of Florida.

You stated that you are going to move to Florida, and now you want to apply for the GC in IL?

AOS for my husband
8/17/10: INTERVIEW DAY (day 123) APPROVED!!

ROC:
5/23/12: Sent out package
2/06/13: APPROVED!

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hello

I am a US citizen and my fiancé just arrived in the US on K1 fiancé visa. We are first cousins and i live in chicago illinois and according to the law, we can not get married in the illinois state. Therefore, we planned to go to Tampa Florida and so we are going there next week for our marriage.

I had couple of questions regarding our case:

1. Can i apply for his social in Chicago ??

2. After we get the marriage certificate, can we apply from Indiana and not Florida for the Green Card ??

3. I don't know if we would require to put our address somewhere for the marriage license and certificate, but if we have to then can we put our recent Chicago's address or we'll have to put Florida's address ??

Thanks in advance.

Note : When he gave the interview back in his country he was given a 221g and was asked to get an affidavit stating that we are gonna get married and live in the State of Florida.

If you cannot marry in IL as first cousins, how can you live in IL?

Phase I - IV - Completed the Immigration Journey 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

If you cannot marry in IL as first cousins, how can you live in IL?

i don't think we can and so we are going to Florida for the marriage.. but right now i live in Chicago and so obviously he came here.. we are going there next week..

You stated that you are going to move to Florida, and now you want to apply for the GC in IL?

we are going to Florida to get married first.. We will move but not like right away.. So i was just wondering if we could apply for his social in Chicago or would it be just better to apply in Florida..

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

you are marrying your first cousin?...medically it is not advisable...consanginous marriages are known to result in offsprings with severe mental/physical retardation in some instances...i have seen examples in my family...just thought you should know..

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.