globetrotter

buying clothes in the USA

46 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Scotland
Timeline

So I am initerested to know where UK women buy clothes in the US? Buisness and casual. I had a very depressing shop around the mall the other day looking for clothes for a conference.....

Maggie

K1 Application

23 Feb 2006 - I-129 mailed

14 August 2006 - Approved!!!! :-)

21 October 2006 - Married in the mountains of North Carolina!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AOS Application

6 November 2006 - Applied for AOS, EAD and AP

09 Decemeber 2006 - e-mail received to say case was trasferred to California

16 December 2006- biometric appointment in Charlotte, NC

20 Jan 2007 -AP approved

24 Jan -EAD approved

28 June -Green card ordered

7 July wedding celebrations in Scotland

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Timeline

It really depends on how much you are wanting to spend, when I was in the states I went to quite a few shopping malls and outlets, my sister-in-law goes to Walmart and finds some quite good stuff, I personally prefered Fred Meyers but I also went to the outlets. In some stores you can have your personal shopper, I laughed at that idea but was soon told off for that lol, must be my sense of humour.

Janice

3dflagsdotcom_us_wa_2fawm.gif3dflagsdotcom_ukeng_2fawm.gif

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

LOVE H&M...but I'm going to be thousands of miles from LA .....

There's one in Ft. Wayne, IN, Indianapolis & Columbus Ohio - not too far away!

There's one in Indianapolis? Thanks D! (L):D

Edited by mags

I love H&M.....theres one in San Fran now so I've been there a couple of times....I miss having it local though :crying: I also missss topshop!

Forever 21 has some nice stuff, also Target can have some fairly nice clothes in to. I also like to go to Marshalls and TK Maxx!!

09/20/05 NOA1 received
11/22/05 NOA2 received (65 days)
12/05/05 NVC received application! (say 2-4 week wait)
12/13/05 Found out forms were sent to London on 12/08/05!
12/20/05 Packet 3 received!
01/11/06 Medical - Knightsbridge London
01/18/06 Sent back packet 3!
02/15/06 Received packet 4!

02/13/06 INTERVIEW DATE 03/22/06 AT 10.30AM!! - APPROVED

Married July 29th 2006!!

08/17/2006 Filed for AOS and EAD
08/26/2006 NOA1 received for both (dated 08/24/06)
09/06/2006 RFE email.....not sure what for yet!
9/07/2006 Biometrics completed
10/13/2006 Transferred to CSC!!
11/02/2006 Approval email received!!
11/08/2006 Welcome to USA letter arrives!

11/13/2006 GREEN CARD RECEIVED - NO MISTAKES!!!!

06/06/08 Family moved back to UK!!

Husband gained UK citizenship September 2015

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Family relocating back to California

06/27/2016 I-130 Spousal Visa application sent to London Embassy

07/05/2016 NOA 1

08/31/2016 NOA 2 - case transferred to the Immigrant Visa Unit at the embassy

09/13/2016 3rd Letter received with LND number

10/14/2016 Medical

10/31/2016 Embassy interview

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

Dillards and Macys have a very good selection of suits. If you catch the sales you can get some decent bargains, on well made clothing. It all depends on your taste I suppose, but there are plenty of places to find business clothes. You may try some catalogs too, like spiegel and talbots.

bar37.gif

Image14.jpg

bar37.gif

LOVE H&M...but I'm going to be thousands of miles from LA .....

There's one in Ft. Wayne, IN, Indianapolis & Columbus Ohio - not too far away!

Hennes in Columbus?? Excelllllent!! Thanks for posting that - I had no idea they had branches in the US.

2005 - We met

2006 - Filed I-129F

2007 - K-1 issued, moved to US, completed AOS (a busy year, immigration-wise)

2009 - Conditions lifted

2010 - Will be naturalising. Buh-bye, USCIS! smile.png

Sammy -- totally off topic, but where is that picture taken? It looks like Kings Canyon or Yosemite, but I am curious!

Looks like Yosemite to me too. Gorgeous place. :yes:

Oh, man, don't even get me started on clothes over here. I've never had such an empty wardrobe. I stock up every time I go back to London.

Met the ole man in January 1998

Jan. 2004: K1 visa issued ~ April 2004: Got on a plane ~ Nov. 2004: GC in my mucky hands ~ Dec. 2006: Received 10 YR GC

September 2008 - US passport delivered!

Timeline

It's the jeans I don't like. The amount of animated discussions Larry and I have had over jeans would scare you.... :D

He says high waisted jeans are the way to go. I'd rather wear a skirt than high waisted jeans. They make your bum look huge (even if it isn't). Fitted, just below/on the hip are the way to go. Problem is Greencastle is Wal-Mart heaven...and I've seen the women walking around there with jeans just under their armpits. :lol:

Scary, really scary! :P

Filed: Timeline

They DO sell the "nerve damage" jeans here too, you know....

This is a rural area. Wranglers are popular for women who ride horses, or do physical work. Even on a female, butt crack isn't attractive. Now you know why there are so many women wearing high-waisted jeans.

BTW: This is *my* opinion....

The low-rider jeans make female butts look square and dumpy. The high-waisted ones show the curves of the butt AND accentuate the smallness of the waist.

Lady, people aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. ####### coated bastards with ####### filling. But I don't find them half as annoying as I find naive bobble-headed optimists who walk around vomiting sunshine.

Timeline
They DO sell the "nerve damage" jeans here too, you know....

This is a rural area. Wranglers are popular for women who ride horses, or do physical work. Even on a female, butt crack isn't attractive. Now you know why there are so many women wearing high-waisted jeans.

BTW: This is *my* opinion....

The low-rider jeans make female butts look square and dumpy. The high-waisted ones show the curves of the butt AND accentuate the smallness of the waist.

No, by going up to the waist and making it look "smaller" it makes the ####### look bigger.....

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.