JLSBMF

Called USCIS :)

19 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

So I called USCIS and waited 38 minutes for a tier two officer who was so pleasant and helpful - she put me on hold and said she called Vermont and was told my case is with an adjudicator and I should most definitely have an answer by the end of the month.

I told her which is true i have been offered a new position but do not want to change jobs before I know we are approved and know when the interview will take place so i can arrange my time off.

today is 193 days - I pray for all of us out there in this boat.

event.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

That sounds hopeful :) Good luck

event.png

07.22.2011 Met the other half of my soul for first time In the US
06.08.2012 Got engaged
08.01.2012 I-129F submitted
08.07.2012 NOA1 received
04.18.2013 RFE email & Txt

04.24.2013 RFE email & Txt again!

04.28.2013 RFE hard copy rec'vd

05.03.2013 RFE response mailed to CSC

05.06.2013 RFE response received at CSC

05.09.2013 NOA2 text!!!!!!

05.13.2013 NOA2 Hard Copy received YAY!!!!

07.24.2013 Date of Packet 4

07.26.2013 Received packet 4

08.30.2013 Interview at London Embassy

APPROVED!!!!! YAY YAY YAY!!!!!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Scotland
Timeline

So I called USCIS and waited 38 minutes for a tier two officer who was so pleasant and helpful - she put me on hold and said she called Vermont and was told my case is with an adjudicator and I should most definitely have an answer by the end of the month.

I told her which is true i have been offered a new position but do not want to change jobs before I know we are approved and know when the interview will take place so i can arrange my time off.

today is 193 days - I pray for all of us out there in this boat.

Glad to hear it :) It's so hard to organize your life when things are up in the air. We're getting there, also!

Timeline

Hello there! Just curious, what menu options did you press once you called the customer service center? I just called to check in on my application, pressed 1 three times, and was taken to a service agent that could only give me scripted stock answers, which were identical to what the online status updates tell me: that the application is still in the "Initial Review" phase. We have been waiting for 6 months and 5 days and have yet to hear anything past our NOA1.

Any tips are greatly appreciated. :)

Timeline

If I remember correctly I went thru the automated system first and then stayed on the line and a prompt came up to speak to a customer service rep to report a problem with your case , I spoke to the rep, verified my information and then I asked for a tier two officer , I was given the option of leaving a message or holding. I held for 38 minutes but it was well worth it as the lady I spoke with sounded generally concerned and did not read from a script.

Good luck!

event.png

Timeline

Thank you! I want to call again but my fiance thinks that in doing so, I'll be labeled a nuisance. :/ I called the other day to inquire about changing his UK address, and I called just a few minutes ago and only spoke to the tier 1 officer.

(I may call again anyway, I haven't decided, lol.)

Does anyone know, could calling multiple times in a few days hurt one's case at all?

Timeline

Call everyday :)

it’s our right - I have called maybe 4 or 5 times

I have heard about many people who after calling here something. That could be a coincidence but who knows??

event.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

We called VSC today because we couldn't file an e-request. The officer said they were working on October 1st files (which I heard here before) and because we filed on October 22nd 2012 we need to wait. She also said it doesn't matter if the website says the average is 5 months, what matters, to be able to file an e-request, is what date they are on.

But yeah, I'm fixing to start calling them every day! :devil:

yWs4m5.png

NOA1: 22nd Oct 2012

RFE: 1st May 2013

NOA2: 16th May 2013, 206 days from NOA1.

NVC received: 31st May 2013

Interview: July 16th - APPROVED!

Timeline

Grrr, I just called and asked several times to speak to a tier 2 officer, but the woman refused. She kept telling me that they're currently working on July and that there is no new information past that. I said that that information hasn't been updated since February (which is what the USCIS processing times site says) and she said that it was just updated on April 3, so I should expect mine with in the next 2-3 months. I told her that the website says otherwise, which is misleading, and that if they were processing July files in February, then mine should be coming up soon. After about 10 minutes back and forth of her basically telling me the same thing again, i.e., that she couldn't give me any updates because there were none and that they are working on July's files, I decided to drop it. I'll be trying again later, hopefully with some progress. :ranting:

Timeline

Thank you, I hope so too.

What did you ask the tier 2 officer that led to her calling the Vermont office? I want to make sure I say the right things so they don't give me the run around again. :/

Timeline

I told her that my life is on hold and I have been offered a new position and cannot make any changes with my employment until i know whats happening with our petition. And I also said if i had a better idea of when to expect the decision I could pin point when to expect his interview and start looking at time scheduling time off. She put me on hold and said she called vermont and we should have an decision by that latest at the end of the month.

event.png

Timeline

can you post CSC or USCIS' phone number that you dialed? :blush:

Hello there! The USCIS Service Center phone number is: 1-800-375-5283

Hope that helps!

Thank you so much for all of your advice! :) I'll try calling again in a few minutes. Fingers crossed. :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.