bgreen19

NOA2 approved today! Need co-sponsor??

32 posts in this topic

According to the latest I864P for two people the amount is $19,387 for 2013 (it went up from last year). Still your disability income does count, so for sure include the documentation for that. My wife was approved and they accepted the documents I provided showing what I receive.

http://www.uscis.gov...form/i-864p.pdf

i will, thanks hank. i guess they are requiring last years taxes to be above 125% also now. i really thought it was more on current income. this sucks.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

It still should not be an issue. Your tax return may not show adequate income but combined with the VA income you will be just fine.

Edited by Hank_

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

It still should not be an issue. Your tax return may not show adequate income but combined with the VA income you will be just fine.

i really hope so.

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

Hi all! I got the text message we'd been waiting for today. Our I-130 was approved at the NBC and it's now on to the NVC. How long can I expect to wait to hear from them? What things should I do ahead of time to prepare for the next phase at the NVC??

We're so excited!

My only concern now is that my income last year was below the 125%. I now have a good job with the Department of Veterans Affairs and make well over the 125% and also have VA disability income. I've asked this question before but I hope to get more of a response now as I'll be needing to send my I-864 in soon....

Will I need a co-sponsor because last year I was below 125%???? Or will they look more at my current income which is above the 125%??? HELP PLEASE!!!!

It's going to be a judgment call made by a Consular officer considering the totality of your financial and other circumstances. How long you've been on the new job and how all three prior years look, plus your general career and employment history will be under consideration. It sounds to me like you should be OK. If you're worried, have a joint sponsor too.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Timeline

He has VA disability income of $19K a year that is not taxable so does not show on his tax return. He only needs to include the documentation for that along with his tax return and he will be fine.

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

There have been cases where people were rejected for being only a couple of thousand over the poverty line if they were significantly under the year before, but these are rare. I agree with pushbrk, I think you should be ok. Your income is from a very reliable source and steady, plus they tend to be a little more lenient on veterans.

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Timeline

Requirement is it meet the I-864P 125% guidelines, so where is the requirement that it has to exceed it by thousands or not be approved?

That dog don't hunt in my book. As the saying goes - Show Me The Beef!

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline

i will, thanks hank. i guess they are requiring last years taxes to be above 125% also now. i really thought it was more on current income. this sucks.

On WHAT are you basing that "guess"? Who are "they"?

Google Who is Pushbrk?

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

On WHAT are you basing that "guess"? Who are "they"?

My GUESS is based on the fact this VJ member was not approved yesterday while currently making above 125% but last years taxes being below 125%. They would be the CO at the USEM Manila.

Ya but you are ignoring your $19K income, their situation is not your situation.

Take a deep breath...

Hank did you make an income sheet to document your non-taxable income or just present the award letters and bank statements? I also had income from the post 9/11 GI bill, they pay you a monthly stipend will you're in college, but i don't think i can include that. i just really hope they take the disability income and current income and don't just look at my gross income from last year and deny us because it was low.

i did get about 14k in unemployment income also. they probably don't like to see that. if they look at the totality of my financial picture i think it won't be a problem. but i've heard the CO will sometimes not even look at other evidence if your taxes the prior year fall below 125%. this guy, though he didn't have disability was still asked to get a co-sponsor though his current income is above 125%.

Timeline

I presented bank statements showing the deposits and I also presented the letter stating the monthly amount I receive. They didn't ask any questions on it at all.

Present what income you had, show the awards letter, then show your current income with pay stubs and an employment letter from the VA as you work there now also.

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline

My GUESS is based on the fact this VJ member was not approved yesterday while currently making above 125% but last years taxes being below 125%. They would be the CO at the USEM Manila.

If that were your whole story, you might be worried but what you describe doesn't sound much like your situation at all. You had income that wasn't taxable. Even if they are very concerned about last year's income, it's income they are concerned about, not just taxable income. Can you spell "p a r a n o i d"?

Google Who is Pushbrk?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.