let-it-be

IR-5 Interview in US Embassy Manila

28 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-5 Country: Philippines
Timeline

In the Appointment Confirmation letter (from the ustraveldocs.com/ph site) for my parents interview in US Embassy Manila, the instructions specified to bring the following:

1. Appointment Letter

2. Valid Passport

3. CEAC Confirmation Letter

4. 2" x 2" color photo in white background.

Do they need anything else? Do I have to send them an updated I-864 (Affidavit of Support) & supporting documents to bring for the interview? Hubby thinks it is completely unnecessary to have another I-864 considering the one I submitted will be forwarded to the said embassy together with the other paper works.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

if there is a change of tax year

or

a change of income

then an updated I-864 makes sense.

Edited by Darnell

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Timeline

hi let it be. great to know that your parents are scheduled for interview. pls update us what went through during their interview. it will be much appreciated. thanks! :)

IR5 FOR DAD & STEPMOM

DAD

12/11/12 Sent I130

12/17/12 NOA1 Received from USCIS

04/29/13 NOA2 Approved

05/03/13 Received NOA2 thru mail (stating that approved petition is being process at NVC and wait within 30 days and if more than we can call Customer Service Hotline)

06/01/13 Received NVC Case Number

06/01/13 Sent DS 3032 thru email

06/01/13 Paid AOS Fee

06/10/13 Resent DS 3032 thru email changing subject line from Case Number to "Supervisor Review"

06/11/13 DS 3032 accepted

06/11/13 AOS filing instructions received

06/12/13 IV (DS230) Fee Invoice received

STEPMOM

12/11/12 Sent I130

12/17/12 NOA1 Received from USCIS

04/29/13 NOA2 Approved

05/03/13 Received NOA2 thru mail (stating that approved petition is being process at NVC and wait within 30 days and if more than we can call Customer Service Hotline)

06/04/13 Received NVC Case Number

06/04/13 Sent DS 3032 thru email

06/04/13 Paid AOS Fee

06/10/13 Resent DS 3032 thru email changing subject line from Case Number to "Supervisor Review"

06/11/13 DS 3032 accepted

06/11/13 AOS filing instructions received

06/12/13 IV (DS230) Fee Invoice received

USEFUL LINKS:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/433472-nvc-filers-june-2013/?p=6263675

Timeline

I found this in US Embassy Manila website: http://manila.usembassy.gov/wwwh3217.html

"The I-864 AOS is NOW VALID INDEFINITELY ONCE IT HAS BEEN SIGNED (this is a change from the previous requirement of being valid for one year). In other words, applicants will no longer need to submit a new I-864 AOS or new tax forms due to long processing delays between the date of the signature of the I-864 AOS and the date of the interview."

Anyone else that is wondering if the Immigrant visa applicants (IR) have to bring an updated I-864 AOS on their interviews need not worry.

Our I-864 AOS was sent to NVC only last January 2013.

Congrats on your petition you are almost done.

I have a question regarding the medical at St. Lukes - Did you fill out a registration online for your beneficiary? If so, did he/she has to fill out again the patient form when coming in to St. Lukes the first day of medical?

I appreciate your help.

Timeline

Congrats on your petition you are almost done.

I have a question regarding the medical at St. Lukes - Did you fill out a registration online for your beneficiary? If so, did he/she has to fill out again the patient form when coming in to St. Lukes the first day of medical?

I appreciate your help.

My parents who are the the applicants (Philippines) registered online. . My parents will have their medical this coming 3rd week of April. I don't know if they have to fill up the patient form in SLEC. Maybe they don't have to, I'm not sure.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

I found this in US Embassy Manila website: http://manila.usemba...v/wwwh3217.html

"The I-864 AOS is NOW VALID INDEFINITELY ONCE IT HAS BEEN SIGNED (this is a change from the previous requirement of being valid for one year). In other words, applicants will no longer need to submit a new I-864 AOS or new tax forms due to long processing delays between the date of the signature of the I-864 AOS and the date of the interview."

Anyone else that is wondering if the Immigrant visa applicants (IR) have to bring an updated I-864 AOS on their interviews need not worry.

Our I-864 AOS was sent to NVC only last January 2013.

this makes me wonder if they do not mean something else. How can an I-864 be valid indefinitely :unsure: ? So if I submitted AOS documents 3years ago and say for whatever reason, my interview was held that long, I do not have to submit another I-864 to show financial capabilities. what if sponsor has lost employment since the last submission or any other change in status?

I mean it is good news for applicants but can the US govt be that accommodating?

GOD has been WONDERFUL!!!
CR-1 (for Husband):
09/15/2012: Got Married
09/26/2012: Mailed I-130 from Nigeria( delayed by customs)
USCIS stage ( 66 days)
10/12/2012: NOA 1
12/17/2012: NOA 2 (case was transferred to NYC office 11/27/12)
NVC stage ( 20 days)
01/08/2013: Case # and IIN assigned ( file arrived NVC mail room 12/20/12)
01/09/2013: AOS invoiced and paid, DS-3032 emailed and mailed.
01/16/2013: IV invoiced &paid. AOS & IV mailed in one package(arrived 01/18).

01/28/2013: Case complete!!!
04/19/2013: Interview; APPROVED!!!!!
05/13/2013: POE; JFK

N-400: (3 months and 12 days)
Filed N-400 : 2011-06-17
Interview: 2011-09-27
Oath Ceremony: 2011-09-30

IR-5 for Mom Entire process took 5 months exactly
USCIS (22days)

mailed I-130 : 2011-09-30
NOA 1: 2011-10-03 (text & email)
NOA 2: 2011-10-25 (text and email)
NVC: (19 days)
Case entered and # assigned: 2011-11-18
NVC Case COMPLETED: 2011-12-07 ( 43 days from NOA 2 and 65 days from NOA 1)
Interview Date(Lagos): 2012-01- 23
Mom was late for interview
New Interview date: 2012-02-29 : VISA APPROVED

Timeline

this makes me wonder if they do not mean something else. How can an I-864 be valid indefinitely :unsure: ? So if I submitted AOS documents 3years ago and say for whatever reason, my interview was held that long, I do not have to submit another I-864 to show financial capabilities. what if sponsor has lost employment since the last submission or any other change in status?

I mean it is good news for applicants but can the US govt be that accommodating?

I was thinking about changes in the sponsor's employment too. I actually edited my post & deleted the part that in the event that there will be changes in employment that is when a new I-864 is maybe needed. Maybe the the US embassy did not elaborate on about such changes. This is just my opinion, that the assumption of no changes in the employment of the said sponsor, so there is no need for a new I-864.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi let it be...I have few questions for you, since your way ahead of us :) first congratulations to you and ur parents....okay, how long you've waited after the closed case from NVC all the way to your parents appointments for their interview and medicals?

Timeline

Hi let it be...I have few questions for you, since your way ahead of us :) first congratulations to you and ur parents....okay, how long you've waited after the closed case from NVC all the way to your parents appointments for their interview and medicals?

I'll explain it this way:

January 31, 2013 - I mailed both of my parents DS-230 packets to NVC.

February 4, 2013 - NVC received the packets

February 11, 2013 - I called NVC & they told me my father's case is complete. The DS-230 packet has been reviewed.

Mom's DS-230 form has incomplete information (Part I Q#20)

February 12, 2013 - received the email from NVC about the mom's case.

February 21, 2013 - Mom's new DS-230 form was delivered

March 6, 2013 - NVC emailed me & my parents the Interview Appointment(s) emails

April 4, 2013 - Interview appointment

It took 9 business days from the day the new DS-230 was delivered to receiving the appointment emails.

It took just 2 months from sending off that new DS-230 to interview day.

If we didn't have to deal with that of mom's DS-230, they probably would have had a March interview. The delay is a blessing in disguise because in the end I had to reschedule their appointment to May 2 due to surgeries.

From US Embassy site: http://manila.usemba...v/wwwh3238.html

Immigrant Visa Appointment All case processing for Manila, including appointment scheduling for immigrant visa cases, is generally done at the National Visa Center (NVC) in the U.S. An applicant's case number does not determine his or her position in the scheduling queue. Once a case is current (i.e., priority date is current for processing), and is "documentarily qualified"(i.e., all the necessary, completed documents are received at the NVC) , the waiting time for an appointment date is approximately one (1) to three (3) months.

Edited by let-it-be

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I'll explain it this way:

January 31, 2013 - I mailed both of my parents DS-230 packets to NVC.

February 4, 2013 - NVC received the packetsio

February 11, 2013 - I called NVC & they told me my father's case is complete. The DS-230 packet has been reviewed.

Mom's DS-230 form has incomplete information (Part I Q#20)

February 12, 2013 - received the email from NVC about the mom's case.

February 21, 2013 - Mom's new DS-230 form was delivered

March 6, 2013 - NVC emailed me & my parents the Interview Appointment(s) emails

April 4, 2013 - Interview appointment

It took 9 business days from the day the new DS-230 was delivered to receiving the appointment emails.

It took just 2 months from sending off that new DS-230 to interview day.

If we didn't have to deal with that of mom's DS-230, they probably would have had a March interview. The delay is a blessing in disguise because in the end I had to reschedule their appointment to May 2 due to surgeries.

From US Embassy site: http://manila.usemba...v/wwwh3238.html

Immigrant Visa Appointment All case processing for Manila, including appointment scheduling for immigrant visa cases, is generally done at the National Visa Center (NVC) in the U.S. An applicant's case number does not determine his or her position in the scheduling queue. Once a case is current (i.e., priority date is current for processing), and is "documentarily qualified"(i.e., all the necessary, completed documents are received at the NVC) , the waiting time for an appointment date is approximately one (1) to three (3) months.

Wow it went fast :) I just sent my AOS on april 5th and emailed my DS3032 same day, so I am looking possibly next week I will get invoice for my IV fee...I am hoping :) thnx for your input let it be. :)

• 3 weeks later...
Timeline

Hi let it be

I got my noa1 april 23,

Do you have any idea how long to get a noa2?

And also whats the diffierent of NBC service to cali, vermont..

Tnkd

Timeline for my Mother

April 19, 2013 - submit the form I-130

April 22, 2013 - Receive the NOA1

July 29, 2013 - Approved NOA2 ( 82 working days)

July 30, 2013 - USCIS shipped my documents to NVC

Aug 5, 2013 - Arrived at NVC Building

Aug 13, 2013 - Got the NVC case # via PHONE

Aug 14, 2013 - Got the Invoice # via PHONE

Aug 15, 2013 - Send my DS-3032 via Email

Aug 16, 2013 - AOS Pay

Aug 17, 2013 - Got an email to print the COVER SHEET

Aug 21, 2013 - send the AOS overnight at NVC

Aug 28, 2013 - Accept the DS-3032

Aug 30, 2013 - IV BILL pay and Documents Sent to NVC receive the checklist AOS.

September 19, 2013 Sent back the checklist

September 20, 2013 Sept 26, arrived @ NVC

Sept 30,2013 - already encode to their system

ADVANCE MEDICAL @ St. Luke - SEPTEMBER 23, 2013

CASE COMPLETE AS OF TODAY : OCTOBER 23,2013

NOVEMBER 1 , 2013 -Documents left at NVC - Your case is in transit to the Consular Section. Your interview date was provided to you by the National Visa Center

NOVEMBER 4, 2013 Delivered - Signed for by : CEZAR NARTEA

NOVEMBER 5, 2013 - CEAC Case Creation Date: 13-Aug-2013 Status Updated Date: 05-Nov-2013 Your case is ready for your interview when scheduled at the U.S. Consular section. If you have already scheduled an appointment for an interview, please prepare your documents as directed in your appointment letter and appear at the consulate on the appointed date and time. Otherwise, please wait until you have received interview scheduling instructions.

DECEMBER 09, 2013 INTERVIEW DATE FOR MY MOTHER ( scheduled by NVC)

RESCHEDULED ONLINE for my mother interview early, NOVEMBER 18, 2013 - PASSED THE INTERVIEW!!!

11-18-2013 ceac -AP

11-20-2013 ceac - READY

11-21-2013 ceac - ISSUED

11-25-2013 -2go -- transit

11-26-2013 - VISA ON HAND

12-05-2013 - scheduled fly to USA.

Timeline

Hi let it be

I got my noa1 april 23,

Do you have any idea how long to get a noa2?

And also whats the diffierent of NBC service to cali, vermont..

Tnkd

Sorry it had taken me this long to reply. For those of us who filed IR-5 between August & November, we were lucky to have our petitions approved in less than 4 months. These were the cases that were routed to National Benefits Center (NBC). Our receipt (NOA1) starts with MSC (Missouri Service Center). I've noticed some who filed around December were getting approved after 4 months. You are probably going to be approved by July or August. It's really just a guess.

Timeline

Update about my parents interview on May 2nd. USEM didn't ask for an updated I-864 Affidavit of Support documents. No other civil documents were asked either. The Consular Officer was very nice & only asked a few questions:

1. Name of the petitioner.

2. How many kids?

3. What is the job of the petitioner's husband?

4. When was the last time my parents have seen their daughter (me) in person.

5. Do they see their grandchildren on the internet/computer regularly. The CO jokingly asked are they cute? lol

When I sent the IV packets to NVC I included two certified copies of my marriage certificate. USEM handed one of it to my parents. Don't know why.

Edited by let-it-be

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.