David & Diana R

St Lukes Medical Exam, Can my spouse do it early?

68 posts in this topic

NVC # or MNL # ?

I find it interesting they post on their website they require those documents and the guard asks to see those documents, for sure am interested in how that goes.

I believe those numbers are the same.

http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/info/info_3830.html

US Embassy Manila website. bringing your spouse/fiancee to USA

http://manila.usembassy.gov/wwwh3204.html

IF YOU READ CLOSELY ST LUKE'S WEBSITE YOU WILL SEE UNDER REQUIRED DOCUMENTS IT SAYS:

d. Appointment letter from the embassy or instruction letter from the National Visa Center (NVC), IF AVAILABLE

e. 2 copies of your appointment letter/instruction letter. (This of course is not needed as the paragraph above states IF AVAILABLE.)

Then when you fill out St Lukes on-line registration you will note where it asks you to enter your appointment date it states:

Interview Date (Format: mm/dd/yyyy) if none, please put '01/01/1970'

It asks you to enter your NVC Case Number at the very top of the on-line registration form. Yes in my case the NVC Number begins with MNL. That’s because my wife will be interviewing at the Manila Embassy, hence MNL. So really the number any embassy needs is the NVC Number, not the MNL number. MNL is the prefix for Manila bound NVC cases and only applies to Manila cases.

We will keep everyone posted.

Aloha and Mahalo for everyone's help.

d. Appointment letter from the embassy or instruction letter from the National Visa Center (NVC), IF AVAILABLE

e. 2 copies of your appointment letter/instruction letter. (This of course is not needed as the paragraph above states IF AVAILABLE.)

Then when you fill out St Lukes on-line registration you will note where it asks you to enter your appointment date it states:

Interview Date (Format: mm/dd/yyyy) if none, please put '01/01/1970'

It asks you to enter your NVC Case Number at the very top of the on-line registration form. Yes in my case the NVC Number begins with MNL. That’s because my wife will be interviewing at the Manila Embassy, hence MNL. So really the number any embassy needs is the NVC Number, not the MNL number. MNL is the prefix for Manila bound NVC cases and only applies to Manila cases.

We will keep everyone posted.

Aloha and Mahalo for everyone's help.

It is the internet, if you don't understand that I'm sorry that you feel that you are the internet police. I am willing to bet you any money that I can get into St Lukes with out an MNL number when you can afford to take the bet talk to me. I would not make the bet for the same thing in the US because people can not be bought as easily. Non-profits make more money than profits, you making that comment just shows how stupid you are. Seriously I just started thinking about starting a non-profit company just to make money. I'm really not sure if you are the USC or the immigrant but either way you have a lot to learn. I've seen you on numerous occasions be a ###### or a #######, it's hard to tell cuz you seem to be in a f-ed up situation I can only feel sorry for the person on the other end.

Hank I appreciate the information you gave me, but regardless I double checked everything and in the end I would have been fine if I told them I was a chicken. I submitted my first paperwork with no pictures, I have a huge red mark in my history and still everything was still easy sailing. You could have told me that I need to jump up and down and sing the macarena and still I would have gotten approved. I do appreciate your help but if I really wanted someone here from any country tomorrow I could have it, just remember it's not what you know it's who you know. I was just trying to give my advice in this post, not everytime I'm going to be correct, I"ve notice before Tahoma being a ###### or ####### and it's about time someone calls them out. I may have grown up with a silver spooon but that doesn't mean I act like a #######, when someone it wrong I simply say hey you are not correct here are the facts. I feel bad for others that feel the need to try to be superior. I gave bad information on the internet, I have been lumped into millions of others who have done the same thing. I could tear you both apart, but in the end Tahoma you look like a ####### well before this thread, and Hank I don't know why you didn't just stay out of it. If you only knew what might have been in store for you. I will throw some pictures up of the world I live in tomorrow, when you realize how far you are from my level then you can try to put me down. It's as if the court jester tried to put the king in his place, what a sad sad mistake. Again Tahoma if you want to take the bet that I can't get an appointment at St Lukes without and MNL. If the bet is under 1000 USD I won't take it that's a chumps bet.

^^^ To find a bigger pile of manure, I'd have to visit a stable. :lol:

Your Highness...I see that you can't provide any links. No surprises there. Thank you for confirming that you don't know whether someone can be admitted to St. Lukes without an MNL number. And I see that you're still stubbornly and wrongly calling pre-registration "appointments." The misinformation machine just keeps on rolling along... :wacko:

Also, it hasn't gone unnoticed that you've backpedaled away from your earlier argument about MNL numbers. Instead of being able to be admitted into St. Lukes without an MNL number, you've reduced yourself to bribing your way in. Not that you care, but suggesting that someone should bribe their way into St. Lukes appears to be a violation of the TOS:

Permitted Uses. You agree that you are responsible for any Content and communications that you Post and for any consequences thereof. You agree to use the Service (including but not limited to the discussion forums) only to send and receive messages, material, and in general Content that is in conformity with or permitted by law (legal), proper and if part of the discussion forums then also related to the particular subject matter. By way of example, and not as a limitation, you agree that when using the Service, you will not:

Condone or instruct, either directly or indirectly, others on how to commit fraudulent or illegal immigration activities in any way, shape, manner or method.

Also, thank you for confirming that you don't know the difference between "making money" and "making profit."

Now all that's left of your wrongheaded arguments is childish name-calling.

Oh, by the way, feel free to ignore what your hero Hank said about your posts:

+ just a bunch of bad info there in that other post.

No pre-register and appointment are not the same; the pre-registering is just completing a form online, an appointment is what you get with a time and date scheduled - like the interview appointment (its not first come first served).

Handing out opinions such as trying to do the medical without the MNL # is just bad... stick with the facts. As for the OP they are IR/CR-1 and need to have their NVC Instructions Letter (which contains the MNL #) as NVC does the appointment scheduling for their interview at the embassy.

Really? You who peppered me with questions wanting guidance? You would qualify as "the stupid" then? And you should have been weeded out not assisted? You don't care if you steer someone wrong by giving bad info? Would you have appreciated if I had constantly given you bad info? This is a momentous untaking for the ones on this journey, going where they have never gone before and those that find there way to VJ are hoping to find help and direction... just like YOU.

Wouldn't it be better to not say anything when you don't know the answer, spend your time reading more and learning... then you will have the right answer to help the person that comes behind you, the same as those before me help me on this journey and now I try to return the favor the best I can.

'Nuff said... :thumbs::lol::thumbs:

Hank, Well I hope it works out okay. She called St Lukes yesterday and so do I. The employee there told both of us that she did not need the letter from NVC. All she needed was to know the NVC Case Number and to have the St Lukes pre-registration forms (2) completed including the NVC number to hand in to the guards. Plus of course her passport, copies of passport, visa photos, ID, etc...

I hope this employee is correct because if he is wrong we are wasting a lot of money flying her up to Manila. I think I will call again and have my spouse call again today just in case, and we will get the name of the staff member/s we talk to just to be sure. I will let everyone know what happens.

I called NVC today and the guy I spoke to today sounded like he had a bad weekend. He was kind of short. On the other hand almost every one I have spoken to there on a daily basis has been very kind and helpful. He said St Lukes will not do a medical until the Embassy appointment is set.

I guess we will have to see what happens. I know my wife will be devastated if she gets turned away.

Aloha Ke Akua, David

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

I totally understand wanting to clear the mecial hurdle, especially the TB one, but its is a bit of a gamble heading there without the Instructions letter. I hope you trip isn't wasted.

The MNL# is what they really need so SLEC can connect the medical to your visa application.

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

We are both going to call St Lukes again this morning at 7:00 a.m. to re-confirm that she does not need the letter. We will both get the name of the staff member that told her she could come without the letter just in case. I will let you know what happens. Yeah the reason we want to get this done now is because she is going to be in an intense summer school program for the next 37 days. She will not be able to leave Cebu so we are hoping that we can get this done this week so she is ready to do the embassy interview with the medical completed. Thanks for all your help. Aloha and mahalo

1365345919[/url]' post='6131390']

The interview letter is needed with the K-1 visa for the medical, the Instructions letter from NVC with IR/CR-1

Is this the Instructions letter from NVC?:

*MNL********** ACL

March 20, 2013

Dear Principal Applicant:

The immigrant visa petition recently filed on your behalf is now eligible for further processing at theNational Visa Center (NVC). You will need the following identification numbers to carry out the nextsteps in the immigration process:

Your NVC Case Number:Your Invoice I.D. Number:Your Beneficiary I.D. Number:

MNL***********

Keep this letter in a safe place.

You will need the identification numbers again during the immigration process.

The first stage of visa processing is to establish communication with the NVC by registering an agentand your agent's contact information with the NVC. Your agent is a person you choose to receivecommunications from the NVC on your behalf. You may act as your own agent, or you may choose yourpetitioner, a family member, a friend, an attorney, an immigrant assistance professional, or any otherperson you trust to represent you.

If you decide to register another person as your agent, the NVC strongly recommends choosing a personwith e-mail capability and a postal mailing address in the U.S.A. because postal mail delivery can beunreliable in some parts of the world. If you act as your own agent the NVC recommends e-mail as thequickest and most efficient form of communication.

NVC Case Number: MNLxxxxxxxxxxxx

F2A Journey ( Daughter or LPR mom)

PD: 08/22/2013

NOA2: 11/15/2013

CASE NUMBER GENERATED: 12/16/2013

DS261 SENT: 12/16/2013

AOS PAID: 1/1/2014

AOS PACKET SENT:

IV PAID: 1/10/2014

IV PACKET SENT:

Hey gang!!,

Okay we have good news and we have better news. It was probably a good thing that my wife and I both called St Luke's two days before her planned arrival in Manila. We were both told by a male staff member that all she had to do was provide an NVC number. Well as it turned out I received via email one more document the night before she was to leave for Manila. I scanned and emailed her a copy. Following is the page:

April 8, 2013

The immigrant visa petition recently filed on your behalf is now eligible for further processing at the

National Visa Center (NVC). You will need the following identification numbers to carry out the next

steps in the immigration process:

Your NVC Case Number: MNL2013XXXXXX

Your Invoice I.D. Number: 330XXXXX

Your Beneficiary I.D. Number: 332XXXXX

The first stage of visa processing is to establish communication with the NVC by registering an agent

and your agent's contact information with the NVC. Your agent is a person you choose to receive

communications from the NVC on your behalf. You may act as your own agent, or you may choose your

petitioner, a family member, a friend, an attorney, an immigrant assistance professional, or any other

person you trust to represent you.

If you decide to register another person as your agent, the NVC strongly recommends choosing a person

with e-mail capability and a postal mailing address in the U.S.A. because postal mail delivery can be

unreliable in some parts of the world. If you act as your own agent the NVC recommends e-mail as the

quickest and most efficient form of communication.

NVC Case Number: MNL2013xxxxx

Along with this was the i8nstructions to file for the CHOICE OF ADDRESS AND AGENT FORM. As you can see the above form provides three numbers. When the guard told my wife she needed her Embassy Appointment Letter she told him she did nit have one. She turned on her charm and the guard agreed to allow her in. Well, once at the US window the clerk there asked how she got in without the letter. She explained that she and her husband had called two days ago and we were both told by a male staffer that ALL SHE NEEDED WAS THE NVC NUMBER. THE US DESK CLERK THEN ASKED IF MY WIFE HAD ANY DOCUMENTS WITH THE NVC NUMBER PRINTED ON IT ALONG WITH HER NAME TO PROVE THAT SHE REALLY DOES HAVE AN NVC NUMBER. FORTUNATELY I HAD INCLUDED IN MY WIFE'S LAST MINUTE PAPERS A COPY OF THE ABOVE LETTER WHICH INCLUDED HER COMPLETE NAME, NVC NUMBER AND OTHER NUMBERS. The clerk looked at that form and said, okay no problem. So will we ever know if the US desk would have allowed her to the exam I guess we will never know. Here is her report on the services therein: She lined up at 4:00 a.m. outside St. Lukes. She said there were about 100 persons already in line when she got there. The guard began letting them in at around 6:30 a.m. My wife was pleasantly surprised to find that persons were divided into groups based on destination country. So my wife heading for the USA got the number 10. She got her chest x-ray first at about 6:45 a.m. She had completed all of her first days tests by 10:30 and waited for final instructions until about 11:00 a m. At 11:00 a.m. she was given instructions to return tomorrow morning at 7:30 a.m. for her immunizations, five (5) I think. They have told her that upon her return in the morning she will have her immunizations as follows: first shot on the first floor, second shot on the second floor and so on until she has her final shot on the fifth floor. Once she has had her immunizations they will have her stand by for a while while they finalize her report and when they have it completed they are going to give her something (not sure what) and she will be on her way. One word of caution, the medical expires in 6 months so if you believe that you Embassy appointment is going to be way off you might want to wait. I for one am very happy that we got the jump on this. Now when she gets her Embassy appointment we will not have to sweat the physical. So this is what happened. Oh and by the way. She said the staff had very serious face and acted very gruff, but she would smile and tun on the charm and as it turns out everyone was very professional, really no complaints. So in and out of the clinic in about four (4) hours. That was really great because she said she went thru 5 or 6 stations. Everything went very smooth, some waiting but it was understandable. Hopefully tomorrow she gets her shots and might be out of there by noon? Maybe earlier. If that is the case she can fly back home one day early. Does anyone know if Philippine Airlines will change her flight to an earlier flight? A day earlier. I purchased the flight and hotel thru Expedia so I am not sure Philippine Airlines is going to accommodate her wishes. I am sure we lose the hotel room but maybe we can save the return ticket? By the way Aloha and Mahalo to all who helped us along the way so far. God Bless

Hey gang!!,

Okay we have good news and we have better news. It was probably a good thing that my wife and I both called St Luke's two days before her planned arrival in Manila. We were both told by a male staff member that all she had to do was provide an NVC number. Well as it turned out I received via email one more document the night before she was to leave for Manila. I scanned and emailed her a copy. Following is the page:

April 8, 2013

The immigrant visa petition recently filed on your behalf is now eligible for further processing at the

National Visa Center (NVC). You will need the following identification numbers to carry out the next

steps in the immigration process:

Your NVC Case Number: MNL2013XXXXXX

Your Invoice I.D. Number: 330XXXXX

Your Beneficiary I.D. Number: 332XXXXX

The first stage of visa processing is to establish communication with the NVC by registering an agent

and your agent's contact information with the NVC. Your agent is a person you choose to receive

communications from the NVC on your behalf. You may act as your own agent, or you may choose your

petitioner, a family member, a friend, an attorney, an immigrant assistance professional, or any other

person you trust to represent you.

If you decide to register another person as your agent, the NVC strongly recommends choosing a person

with e-mail capability and a postal mailing address in the U.S.A. because postal mail delivery can be

unreliable in some parts of the world. If you act as your own agent the NVC recommends e-mail as the

quickest and most efficient form of communication.

NVC Case Number: MNL2013xxxxx

Along with this was the i8nstructions to file for the CHOICE OF ADDRESS AND AGENT FORM. As you can see the above form provides three numbers. When the guard told my wife she needed her Embassy Appointment Letter she told him she did nit have one. She turned on her charm and the guard agreed to allow her in. Well, once at the US window the clerk there asked how she got in without the letter. She explained that she and her husband had called two days ago and we were both told by a male staffer that ALL SHE NEEDED WAS THE NVC NUMBER. THE US DESK CLERK THEN ASKED IF MY WIFE HAD ANY DOCUMENTS WITH THE NVC NUMBER PRINTED ON IT ALONG WITH HER NAME TO PROVE THAT SHE REALLY DOES HAVE AN NVC NUMBER. FORTUNATELY I HAD INCLUDED IN MY WIFE'S LAST MINUTE PAPERS A COPY OF THE ABOVE LETTER WHICH INCLUDED HER COMPLETE NAME, NVC NUMBER AND OTHER NUMBERS. The clerk looked at that form and said, okay no problem. So will we ever know if the US desk would have allowed her to the exam I guess we will never know. Here is her report on the services therein: She lined up at 4:00 a.m. outside St. Lukes. She said there were about 100 persons already in line when she got there. The guard began letting them in at around 6:30 a.m. My wife was pleasantly surprised to find that persons were divided into groups based on destination country. So my wife heading for the USA got the number 10. She got her chest x-ray first at about 6:45 a.m. She had completed all of her first days tests by 10:30 and waited for final instructions until about 11:00 a m. At 11:00 a.m. she was given instructions to return tomorrow morning at 7:30 a.m. for her immunizations, five (5) I think. They have told her that upon her return in the morning she will have her immunizations as follows: first shot on the first floor, second shot on the second floor and so on until she has her final shot on the fifth floor. Once she has had her immunizations they will have her stand by for a while while they finalize her report and when they have it completed they are going to give her something (not sure what) and she will be on her way. One word of caution, the medical expires in 6 months so if you believe that you Embassy appointment is going to be way off you might want to wait. I for one am very happy that we got the jump on this. Now when she gets her Embassy appointment we will not have to sweat the physical. So this is what happened. Oh and by the way. She said the staff had very serious face and acted very gruff, but she would smile and tun on the charm and as it turns out everyone was very professional, really no complaints. So in and out of the clinic in about four (4) hours. That was really great because she said she went thru 5 or 6 stations. Everything went very smooth, some waiting but it was understandable. Hopefully tomorrow she gets her shots and might be out of there by noon? Maybe earlier. If that is the case she can fly back home one day early. Does anyone know if Philippine Airlines will change her flight to an earlier flight? A day earlier. I purchased the flight and hotel thru Expedia so I am not sure Philippine Airlines is going to accommodate her wishes. I am sure we lose the hotel room but maybe we can save the return ticket? By the way Aloha and Mahalo to all who helped us along the way so far. God Bless

Thank you for sharing your experiment, I hope it works out to the end. I was discussing with someone else, and they brought up the fear of this was that the medical records would get to the embassy before the appointment was made and the embassy would not know how to match up. Please follow up with us on the progress. Let us know if they give the records in sealed envelope or if they send them to the embassy. Thanks again!

17-Dec-11 Met my wife for first time

24-Jul-12 - Married in Philippines, Honeymoon in Hong Kong

20-Sep-12 - Return to Philippines for visit/Medical/finish up i-130

2-Oct-12 - I-130 Sent (Fedex)

3-Oct-12 - Received at Phoenix Lockbox

09-Oct-12- NOA1 email/SMS : I-130 transferred to NBC

12-Dec-12 - File appeared in Case status

25-Dec-12 - Returned to Philippines for Christmas and New Years

4-Jan-13- Learned my file was transferred to local office on Nov 27

17-Jan-13- I-130 Approved

• 4 weeks later...

Hello everyone,

After you St. Lukes medical, did they give you a sealed envelope or a sealed CD? If they gave a sealed CD, does that mean everything was good and my wife passed. I cant find anything on the threads about a CD. Appreciate any insight.

17-Dec-11 Met my wife for first time

24-Jul-12 - Married in Philippines, Honeymoon in Hong Kong

20-Sep-12 - Return to Philippines for visit/Medical/finish up i-130

2-Oct-12 - I-130 Sent (Fedex)

3-Oct-12 - Received at Phoenix Lockbox

09-Oct-12- NOA1 email/SMS : I-130 transferred to NBC

12-Dec-12 - File appeared in Case status

25-Dec-12 - Returned to Philippines for Christmas and New Years

4-Jan-13- Learned my file was transferred to local office on Nov 27

17-Jan-13- I-130 Approved

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello everyone,

After you St. Lukes medical, did they give you a sealed envelope or a sealed CD? If they gave a sealed CD, does that mean everything was good and my wife passed. I cant find anything on the threads about a CD. Appreciate any insight.

If she received a cd (xray) and immunization record then she passed the medical exams. Goodluck for the next step. Tell her to keep the cd and do not open it. She will need to bring it to the US.

N-400 Timeline:

Applied online - 07/24/19 

Receipt notice - 07/24/19

Biometrics notice online - 07/26/19

Biometrics - 08/12/19

Interview notice - 11/22/19

Interview - 01/02/20

Oath Notice - 01/07/20

Oathtaking - 01/22/20 

Estimated Completion Time: May 2020 (10 months from date applied :clock:)

COMPLETED 4 MONTHS EARLIER!!!! :dance: :dance:

US Passport Timeline for myself and my daughter (derivative):

Applied at our local USPS - 02/15/2020

US DoS Received application - 02/19/2020

Online Status (In Process)

Application Status (Approved) - 03/03/2020

Application Status (Shipped) - 03/03/2020

Received both passports - 03/05/2020

IF YOU HAVE DERIVATIVE/S, YOU CAN APPLY FOR PASSPORTS AT THE SAME TIME AT THE POST OFFICE USING JUST 1 ORIGINAL NATURALIZATION CERTIFICATE!!!

I-130 Petition for Parents Timeline IR-5:

Applied online - 01/24/2020 (Priority Date 01/24/2020)

NOA1 - 01/24/2020 (IOE******* and was assigned Potomac Service Center current processing time 7.5 - 9.5)

Touched - 01/28/2020; Touched - 02/15/2020

Status Changed for Dad’s “Case is Being Actively Reviewed by USCIS” - 01/15/2021

Status Changed for Mom’s “Case is Being Actively Reviewed by USCIS” - 01/19/2021

NOA2 - Dad’s - 01/19/2021         Mom’s - 01/20/2021

NVC Received - Dad’s - 01/22/2021 MNL*** assigned       Mom's - 01/23/2021 MNL*** assigned

AOS Bill - Paid 1 AOS for 2 related cases 01/23/2021 (ceac shows in process) 01/27/2021 (ceac shows PAID) ($120)

Complete I-864ez form -  01/30/2021

Pay IV Bill - 01/28/2021 for both (in process) ($325 each) showed PAID 01/29/2021

Submit Civil Documents -uploaded on 01/31/2021

Case Completed at NVC - both parents DQ'd 04/06/2021

Expedite Request - 09/03/2021 Expedite Under Review -10/21/2021 Expedite Approved - 10/25/2021 Swab RT-PCR 12/26/2021Medical clear 1 day 12/28/2021 Interview Appointment Date thru CGI 03/07/2022 passed Visa on Hand  03/10/2022 PDOS CFO 03/15/2022 Paid Green Cards 04/04/2022 POE 04/18/2022(Chicago O’Hare)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.