Abilene

Text Abbeiviation in G325A

12 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Edont abbreviate anything.. this wuld cost you time! Plus they might not know what it means.. i was gona just gonna put my middle initial . Was told not to. So i spelled it all out

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I wonder if i could use some abbreviation in G325A form. Like Villa Consuelo as V Consuelo; Philippines as PHILS.

:innocent:

the two letter code for philippines is PH. the three letter code is PHL. you can look up international country codes on google. i don't see abbreviation as a problem as long as it is a standardized abbreviation, such as those used in the postal system. i would not use so called "texting abbreviations".

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

the two letter code for philippines is PH. the three letter code is PHL. you can look up international country codes on google. i don't see abbreviation as a problem as long as it is a standardized abbreviation, such as those used in the postal system. i would not use so called "texting abbreviations".

No. You do NOT abbreviate on the forms. Someone got RFE'd for writing "USA" instead of United States of America.

Do not assume you know "the codes", write it out completely.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

No. You do NOT abbreviate on the forms. Someone got RFE'd for writing "USA" instead of United States of America.

Do not assume you know "the codes", write it out completely.

that's interesting. can you link me to that post? because when i try to fill out the form, it's impossible to fit the name of my city as well as the name of the country without abbreviating something. seems outrageous that they would provide forms with such limited fields and expect that you won't abbreviate.

Edited by Love's JAA

Timeline

that's interesting. can you link me to that post?

Oh god... that'll take a while :S It's on VJ somewhere and within the last 6 months.

Okay I did a quick search.. I'm not going to find it. Searching "RFE" and "USA" just bring too many results :S

Edited by Vanessa&Tony

No. You do NOT abbreviate on the forms. Someone got RFE'd for writing "USA" instead of United States of America.Do not assume you know "the codes", write it out completely.

I find that highly suspect. It is always interesting that someone and I heard are used as gospel. I used USA in my I-130, I will post here if I get RFE for that reason. Just because you read it on the internet does not make it true. If you have questions, call or email the source and ask their advice. They will give it for free.

To the original poster, if your street name and everything will not fit, just write 'see attached', and type/write it on a black sheet of paper and attach it to the original form. If the USA RFE's me for using RFE, maybe I will just go across the border like the other 11 million illegal undocumented democrats and be a Dream act applicant in the USA.

Timeline

I find that highly suspect. It is always interesting that someone and I heard are used as gospel. I used USA in my I-130, I will post here if I get RFE for that reason. Just because you read it on the internet does not make it true. If you have questions, call or email the source and ask their advice. They will give it for free.

To the original poster, if your street name and everything will not fit, just write 'see attached', and type/write it on a black sheet of paper and attach it to the original form. If the USA RFE's me for using RFE, maybe I will just go across the border like the other 11 million illegal undocumented democrats and be a Dream act applicant in the USA.

Even if you don't get RFE'd it just means you got a drone who wasn't being picky. You are not SUPPOSED to do a lot of things (wrong size pics for example) and yet some people are fine.

Re the photo example, Harpa got RFE'd for only including 2 (with a co-filed AOS, EAD and AP) yet others (for example JimVaPhuong) have been fine with just the 2.

I personally prefer to be exact rather than assume the drones will understand.

Another Phil's poster wrote her name as M. (I think that was it, short for Maria in the Phils) and she got her stuff with M. as her name. We tried to explain to her that M. is not a name, it's an initial, but she said it "means Maria"... that's great for you, not for immigration. Write the stuff properly to avoid confusion.

**Edit - the RFE could have been for writing "American" instead of "United States Citizen" which makes sense why they would do that. It was a while ago.

Edited by Vanessa&Tony

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

I'm sorry , i don't mean to be rude: is that "black" paper really? :unsure:

Timeline

I'm sorry , i don't mean to be rude: is that "black" paper really? :unsure:

I'm sure they meant blank

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.