Saylin

NVC Filers - April 2013

2,135 posts in this topic

LOL KDH you always say "my" but really it's your husband's. You're just doing all the work. LOL Like Saylin and I did all the work. I swear I think it took forever for hubs to get the ####### I need and he STILL hasn't mailed me the signed AOS page. :bonk: The man HATES mailing anything.

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Thanks so much for your help.

It seems to me that I am VERY confused.... So can we consider the DS3032 as the email template we can find on your wiki or do I need to print the actual DS3032, complete it, scan it and send it via email?

You should not be following my wiki whatsoever! France is not a country eligible for EP, nor online forms.

Follow the email template for the DS-3032 linked in the first post. There's no printing, signing, scanning, or attaching necessary. Just one simple email. Please review the first two posts to clear up any confusion.

Put your US address. It's for sending the physical correspondence and mailing the SSN and green card for the hubs.

[..]

The address on the DS-3032/DS-261 has nothing to do with where the green card/SSN are sent. That address is on the DS-230/DS-260.

LOL KDH you always say "my" but really it's your husband's. You're just doing all the work. LOL Like Saylin and I did all the work. I swear I think it took forever for hubs to get the ####### I need and he STILL hasn't mailed me the signed AOS page. :bonk: The man HATES mailing anything.

Yeah, I definitely did all of the work. I think spending hours and hours on VJ every single day made me more comfortable and knowledgeable about the process than my husband was, who worked full-time. Thankfully, he was great about sending me everything as soon as I requested it yes.gif

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

My husband has virtually nothing to do with any of this process.

He doesn't even want to go to the US, but he knows it's what's best.

I just drive him places and get information.

Given that I'm here with him, it's not difficult.

I got his BC, dragged him to the station to get his police certificate, and soon I have to drive him around to point at places he's lived and write down addresses lmfao

oldlady.gif

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

You should not be following my wiki whatsoever! France is not a country eligible for EP, nor online forms.

Follow the email template for the DS-3032 linked in the first post. There's no printing, signing, scanning, or attaching necessary. Just one simple email. Please review the first two posts to clear up any confusion.

I did read the posts but obviously not well enough :/

Anyways, do you think I can send the email templates for my children from my email address or from an email account I should create for them?

I'm the beneficiary
Married June 2010

USCIS (49 days) NVC (42 days)

02/06/13 I130 sent 04/12/2013 NVC received file

02/08/13 I130 delivered to Phoenix Lockbox 04/23/2013 Case numbers assigned and DS3032 emailed

02/13/13 NOA1 04/29/2013 Cases finally linked for AOS payment - paid straightaway

02/13/13 Fees cashed on 05/02/2013 DS3032 accepted
02/16/13 I797 received (pd 02/08/2013) 05/03/2013 AOS packages sent
04/02/2013 Available on USCIS website 05/03/2013 IV fee paid
04/03/2013 NOA2 05/04/2013 AOS status 'PAID'

04/08/2013 Paper NOA2 received 05/06/2013 IV package sent
05/08/2013 AOS and IV delivered to NVC
05/17/2013 Expedite request filed

05/21/2013 IV Package approved (9 bus. days)

05/22/2013 AOS on hold (new version used)
05/24/2013 Expedite approved by Paris Embassy (docs shipped on same day)

EMBASSY (Paris) POE 08/15/2013 PHI

05/24/2013 applications received by email

05/2/2013 paper applications received

05/30/2013 moved from 'in transit' to 'ready' on DOS

06/03/2013 email received for medical and interview

06/21/2013 medical

06/26/2013 interview - APPROVED!!!!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

Oh, and as for ranting about your other half, do not worry, mine is exactly the same!

I am making the most of visiting him to prepare all the paperwork and all he'll have to do is go to UPS and send the packages when I give him the green light :)

I'm the beneficiary
Married June 2010

USCIS (49 days) NVC (42 days)

02/06/13 I130 sent 04/12/2013 NVC received file

02/08/13 I130 delivered to Phoenix Lockbox 04/23/2013 Case numbers assigned and DS3032 emailed

02/13/13 NOA1 04/29/2013 Cases finally linked for AOS payment - paid straightaway

02/13/13 Fees cashed on 05/02/2013 DS3032 accepted
02/16/13 I797 received (pd 02/08/2013) 05/03/2013 AOS packages sent
04/02/2013 Available on USCIS website 05/03/2013 IV fee paid
04/03/2013 NOA2 05/04/2013 AOS status 'PAID'

04/08/2013 Paper NOA2 received 05/06/2013 IV package sent
05/08/2013 AOS and IV delivered to NVC
05/17/2013 Expedite request filed

05/21/2013 IV Package approved (9 bus. days)

05/22/2013 AOS on hold (new version used)
05/24/2013 Expedite approved by Paris Embassy (docs shipped on same day)

EMBASSY (Paris) POE 08/15/2013 PHI

05/24/2013 applications received by email

05/2/2013 paper applications received

05/30/2013 moved from 'in transit' to 'ready' on DOS

06/03/2013 email received for medical and interview

06/21/2013 medical

06/26/2013 interview - APPROVED!!!!

I did read the posts but obviously not well enough :/

Anyways, do you think I can send the email templates for my children from my email address or from an email account I should create for them?

I'd suggest creating a separate email account for each child, then have the petitioner call NVC and give those addresses over. Then send the DS-3032 from those email addresses on their behalf.

The address on the DS-3032/DS-261 has nothing to do with where the green card/SSN are sent. That address is on the DS-230/DS-260.

MY bad! LOL

Yeah, I definitely did all of the work. I think spending hours and hours on VJ every single day made me more comfortable and knowledgeable about the process than my husband was, who worked full-time. Thankfully, he was great about sending me everything as soon as I requested it yes.gif

I think i need to be like Babes, we have business. You need to get the business DONE or else I won't be there. GET ER DONE! :bonk:

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

My husband has virtually nothing to do with any of this process.

He doesn't even want to go to the US, but he knows it's what's best.

I just drive him places and get information.

Given that I'm here with him, it's not difficult.

I got his BC, dragged him to the station to get his police certificate, and soon I have to drive him around to point at places he's lived and write down addresses lmfao

I google map searched. LOL I was not about to drive to Olds (like a 45 min drive one way) to get an address of a house when I could just fill in the DS-260 and be like, you really wanna ask me about the 18 addresses? Really? :rofl: I'm sure they were like. skim skim skim skim... boring.. yeah okay fine looks good.

[...]

I think i need to be like Babes, we have business. You need to get the business DONE or else I won't be there. GET ER DONE! :bonk:

rofl.gif

I google map searched. LOL I was not about to drive to Olds (like a 45 min drive one way) to get an address of a house when I could just fill in the DS-260 and be like, you really wanna ask me about the 18 addresses? Really? :rofl: I'm sure they were like. skim skim skim skim... boring.. yeah okay fine looks good.

Honestly, I don't think they do much with the addresses, except verify you've submitted all required police certificate(s) based on where you've lived.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Honestly, I don't think they do much with the addresses, except verify you've submitted all required police certificate(s) based on where you've lived.

Question about the police report.

It requested we list the addresses for the last 5 years.

Upon doing so, I did math wrong and did not list one of his addresses which actually fits in at 4.5years ago.

What do these reports look like?

Am I going to need a second one done?

I haven't picked his up yet, so I'm not sure.

oldlady.gif

My husband didn't remember the exact addresses of the five places he lived, knew that in at least two cases they had been torn down to make room for commercial development, and wasn't even on the lease for one of the others. We basically threw up our hands and put, for example, "Luton, Bedfordshire, England, United Kingdom". If they insisted on exact addresses we'd have to resort to making them up.

I'm a dual US/Hungarian citizen (both by birth; Hungarian citizenship verification TBA), and my husband is a dual British/Irish citizen (by treaty) from Northern Ireland. We are atheists.

All advice is given pursuant to the Disclaimer that you may read at the bottom of each forum page.

LATEST STEPS:

28 Jun 2013: POE Houston

08 Jul 2013: SSN received (at SSA office)

07 Aug 2013: Green Card received

27 Feb 2014: Whoa, life happened. Planning move "back home" together to Republic of Ireland by end of April.

29 Apr 2014: POE Dublin through Heathrow

15 May 2014: Received formal residency/work permission (GNIB card with Stamp 4, one year renewable) for the ROI

For my FULL timeline, see my "About Me" page.

For small creatures such as we, the vastness is bearable only through love. (Carl Sagan)

Question about the police report.

It requested we list the addresses for the last 5 years.

Upon doing so, I did math wrong and did not list one of his addresses which actually fits in at 4.5years ago.

What do these reports look like?

Am I going to need a second one done?

I haven't picked his up yet, so I'm not sure.

For Canada, the police record checks NATIONALLY, so no worries!

My police report didn't ask for previous addresses (as far as I remember), just the current one. And on the certificate, it only showed the current address.

For Canada, the police record checks NATIONALLY, so no worries!

My police report didn't ask for previous addresses (as far as I remember), just the current one. And on the certificate, it only showed the current address.

Same for the UK, a national police report, and hubby's addresses were all in the UK anyway.

I'm a dual US/Hungarian citizen (both by birth; Hungarian citizenship verification TBA), and my husband is a dual British/Irish citizen (by treaty) from Northern Ireland. We are atheists.

All advice is given pursuant to the Disclaimer that you may read at the bottom of each forum page.

LATEST STEPS:

28 Jun 2013: POE Houston

08 Jul 2013: SSN received (at SSA office)

07 Aug 2013: Green Card received

27 Feb 2014: Whoa, life happened. Planning move "back home" together to Republic of Ireland by end of April.

29 Apr 2014: POE Dublin through Heathrow

15 May 2014: Received formal residency/work permission (GNIB card with Stamp 4, one year renewable) for the ROI

For my FULL timeline, see my "About Me" page.

For small creatures such as we, the vastness is bearable only through love. (Carl Sagan)

My husband didn't remember the exact addresses of the five places he lived, knew that in at least two cases they had been torn down to make room for commercial development, and wasn't even on the lease for one of the others. We basically threw up our hands and put, for example, "Luton, Bedfordshire, England, United Kingdom". If they insisted on exact addresses we'd have to resort to making them up.

For the DS-230, it doesn't ask for exact addresses anyway (just city/town, province, and country), only the DS-260 asks for exact street addresses.

For the DS-230, it doesn't ask for exact addresses anyway (just city/town, province, and country), only the DS-260 asks for exact street addresses.

PITA! But, i only needed last 5 trips south, and they changed it so it was month/year. day/month/year was a lot of guessing. LOL :wacko:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.