tcgateway99

work visa

16 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Timeline

I just got back from another wonderful trip to the DR. I will have to post some pictures. Heard a rumor from a friend in NYC that restrictions were going to lighten up for immigration after March 31st. I don't see anything here to support that. Anna was telling me that she had a friend that was able to get a work visa. Basically my company would request her to come work for my company. Has anyone here attempted that or should we stick to getting the K-1 done which part of our trip was preparing the 4 sets of originals.

Thanks.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

What is the purpose of her coming to the USA? If it's work, she should apply for a work visa.

If it's marriage, she should apply for K-1.

The best advice is not to lie to immigration authorities.

Вiрити нiкому не можна. Hавiть собi. Менi - можна ©

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

I just got back from another wonderful trip to the DR. I will have to post some pictures. Heard a rumor from a friend in NYC that restrictions were going to lighten up for immigration after March 31st. I don't see anything here to support that. Anna was telling me that she had a friend that was able to get a work visa. Basically my company would request her to come work for my company. Has anyone here attempted that or should we stick to getting the K-1 done which part of our trip was preparing the 4 sets of originals.

Thanks.

Short answer...YES. They do issue work visas to Ukrainians.

If you are asking if anyone here has attempted to get their fiancee to the USA faster than waiting for a K-1...the answer is YES

where are you going with this? Then we can answer if you are on the right track.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Short answer...YES. They do issue work visas to Ukrainians.

If you are asking if anyone here has attempted to get their fiancee to the USA faster than waiting for a K-1...the answer is YES

where are you going with this? Then we can answer if you are on the right track.

We both feel that it takes more than 90 days to determine a life commitment. We talk nearly every day and our trips are wonderful. We were looking for options and the K-1 is so final. After 90 days, that's it. One shot deal.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

We both feel that it takes more than 90 days to determine a life commitment. We talk nearly every day and our trips are wonderful. We were looking for options and the K-1 is so final. After 90 days, that's it. One shot deal.

then you have it all wrong. The purpose of the 90 days is just to allow the couple to become married.....it is assumed that they have a legitimate relationship and both have already submitted letters showing their intentions to become married. If your relationship is not at that level yet, then you should not be pursuing any visa at this time.

And.....if your fiance comes to the US on a work visa and you actually intended to get married and then got married and attempted to AOS, be prepared to possibly be called out on that and have her face a lifetime ban to ever immigrate permanently to the US. Your gamble to win or lose.

I get the impression that you're not sure about the relationship and are not ready to commit to marriage.

Edited by baron555

Phil (Lockport, near Chicago) and Alla (Lobnya, near Moscow)

As of Dec 7, 2009, now Zero miles apart (literally)!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

H1b would be the obvious one, that would be for 1st October start. But they go vary fast so you would need to get a move on.

Have you discussed this with your Employers Immigration Lawyer?

An inter company transfer would be much quicker and more secure.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

then you have it all wrong. The purpose of the 90 days is just to allow the couple to become married.....it is assumed that they have a legitimate relationship and both have already submitted letters showing their intentions to become married. If your relationship is not at that level yet, then you should not be pursuing any visa at this time.

And.....if your fiance comes to the US on a work visa and you actually intended to get married and then got married and attempted to AOS, be prepared to possibly be called out on that and have her face a lifetime ban to ever immigrate permanently to the US. Your gamble to win or lose.

I get the impression that you're not sure about the relationship and are not ready to commit to marriage.

hence the reason I asked the question. Thank you for the information.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Just because he isn't ready to get married doesn't mean he isn't ready to pursue any visa at this time (or more specifically that his lady friend isn't ready to pursue it). If she has a job and background that will allow her to get a work visa to come to the US and work here, that's a valid option. It's not a way to come here to get married, but I don't think that was the question.

Timeline

So yes she could come here on a work visa, and you could get married, but then shed have to return when the work visa was finished and file for CR-1.

In theory if her work visa was long enough then you could get married and then file for AOS, all the while she was here on the work visa.......

.......but...... If it was determined at the AOS interview that the work visa was being used to circumvent the normal K-1 or CR1 process then there's a possibility of deportation. And a lifetime ban.

That would be the gamble you risk.

Timeline
So yes she could come here on a work visa, and you could get married, but then shed have to return when the work visa was finished and file for CR-1.

Really, why?

In theory if her work visa was long enough then you could get married and then file for AOS, all the while she was here on the work visa.......

What has its time duration got to do with it?

.......but...... If it was determined at the AOS interview that the work visa was being used to circumvent the normal K-1 or CR1 process then there's a possibility of deportation. And a lifetime ban.

The Visa's in question are likely to be dual intent.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Really, why?

What has its time duration got to do with it?

The Visa's in question are likely to be dual intent.

I do love her. I would never jeopardize that or get her banned for life from the US. No way in hell would I risk that for her. K-1 is the way we will go. I just like to be sure about thing which means when it comes to love, I'm very cautious.

Timeline

I do love her. I would never jeopardize that or get her banned for life from the US. No way in hell would I risk that for her. K-1 is the way we will go. I just like to be sure about thing which means when it comes to love, I'm very cautious.

I do not think you read the replies.

Any Work Visa would be handled by an immigration lawyer so you would have plenty of opportunity to discuss any concerns.

What does she do that would qualify her for a work visa?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

That's 90 days after she arrives in the USA. You can take as long as you want to get to know each other plus the processing time. You are supposed to decide BEFORE you send the petition.

You can also go live and work in Ukraine, I did. I highly recommend it. Your fiancee won't though. :lol:

But she can always apply for a work visa or a student visa also. There are no "shack up" visas

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Timeline

I do not think you read the replies.

Any Work Visa would be handled by an immigration lawyer so you would have plenty of opportunity to discuss any concerns.

What does she do that would qualify her for a work visa?

Using a work visa for the purpose of immigrating to the US, becoming married and then applying for permanent residency is visa fraud.

The terms of the work visa must be adhered to.

Yes, it would be different if she was already here on a work visa and then you two got involved and decided to marry.....but that is not the OP's case.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.