Ronn63

Letter of intent

12 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hey...October CSC filer here. Here's the thing: I used an attorney for petition. I know...bad move. I joined this great group in February, and have learned so much. I contacted my attorney, and mentioned the letter of intent. He said we didn't need one due to the other evidence we already have. I know now that I will probably get an RFE, so I've had my fiance sign one and send it to me. My question is, should I send hers and mine now? Or, should I wait until I get the RFE?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline

I would wait until you get an RFE. If you mail it now without the slip they send you with the RFE, it might be possible it just gets lost among the sheer masses of documents they receive every day, and that it won't be matched to your file.

Edited by HK12

K1 Visa
Feb. 29, 2012: I-129F sent
March 8, 2012: NOA1 (VSC)
August 30, 2012: NOA2
Oct. 1, 2012: Packet 3 received
Nov. 3, 2012: Packet 4 received
Nov. 15, 2012: Interview - approved!
Jan. 18, 2013: POE New York Seaport
Feb. 2, 2013: Wedding

AOS
March 6, 2013: AOS Package sent
March 12, 2013: I-485, I-765, I-131 NOA's
March 29, 2013: Biometrics Appointment

May 10, 2013: EAD/AP approved
Sept. 5, 2013: "Potential Interview Waiver Case" letter received
Nov. 2, 2013: AOS approved (no interview)

ROC
Aug. 4, 2015: I-751 sent
Aug. 6, 2015: NOA1 (CSC)
Sept. 4, 2015: Biometrics Appointment
Feb. 10, 2016: ROC approved

Dual Citizenship
Aug. 26, 2016: BBG application sent (permit to retain German citizenship)
Nov. 21, 2016: BBG approval notice received (p/u at German Honorary Consulate, OKC: Feb. 6, 2017)
Dec. 8, 2016: N-400 sent
Dec. 12, 2016: Priority Date (NBC)

Jan. 9, 2017: Biometrics Appointment

Aug. 31, 2017: In-Line for Interview

Sept. 6, 2017: Interview Scheduled

Oct. 16, 2017: Interview

Oct. 25, 2017: Oath Appointment Letter received

Nov. 1, 2017: Oath Ceremony

Timeline

I would wait until you get an RFE. If you mail it now without the slip they send you with the RFE, it might be possible it just gets lost among the sheer masses of documents they receive every day, and that it won't be matched to your file.

I kind of figured. I'll just keep them safe here until I get the RFE.

Thanks for your reply!!

Timeline

Hey...October CSC filer here. Here's the thing: I used an attorney for petition. I know...bad move. I joined this great group in February, and have learned so much. I contacted my attorney, and mentioned the letter of intent. He said we didn't need one due to the other evidence we already have. I know now that I will probably get an RFE, so I've had my fiance sign one and send it to me. My question is, should I send hers and mine now? Or, should I wait until I get the RFE?

I would wait and see if you get an RFE, and if you do send it in at that time. I would also go over your entire package that was initially sent it. If your lawyer doesn't even know that Letter Of Intent is a requirement, it makes me wonder what else they forgot. If you do get an RFE, I would have long talk with your lawyer about getting some of your funds back because of his/her incompetence. Good luck :thumbs:

I Looooooove my baby Lyn.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

I would wait and see if you get an RFE, and if you do send it in at that time. I would also go over your entire package that was initially sent it. If your lawyer doesn't even know that Letter Of Intent is a requirement, it makes me wonder what else they forgot. If you do get an RFE, I would have long talk with your lawyer about getting some of your funds back because of his/her incompetence. Good luck :thumbs:

:thumbs:

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

The SAME EXACT thing happened to me. I sent out my package in September, mentioned it to the immigration legal aid that was helping me and she said we did not need one, so i didnt send one. However, i had my fiance sign one just in case while i was visiting him. Needless to say, I received an RFE a few weeks ago, and there it was. They needed a letter of intent from us. So, JUST IN CASE u do get the RFE for it, wait for it first, then send it in with that blue sheet they send u. Good job in having ur fiance sign one just in case u need it!

Timeline

The SAME EXACT thing happened to me. I sent out my package in September, mentioned it to the immigration legal aid that was helping me and she said we did not need one, so i didnt send one. However, i had my fiance sign one just in case while i was visiting him. Needless to say, I received an RFE a few weeks ago, and there it was. They needed a letter of intent from us. So, JUST IN CASE u do get the RFE for it, wait for it first, then send it in with that blue sheet they send u. Good job in having ur fiance sign one just in case u need it!

Ugh...stinking lawyers. Maybe he should join up here...he may learn something.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Spain
Timeline

Hello i'm also going through the same and my stupid lawyer is still denying that one is needed .. i will advise you to make it and keep it until you get an RFE.. i made my fiance sign it and keep it until we are asked for it.. If you are lucky you may not get any

Edited by mamichou

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

How can all these lawyers be so incompetent? It's spelled out so clearly in the I129-F instructions that a letter of intent is required, see instruction 5B. :bonk:

1/4/13 - I129-F Sent | 1/8/13 - Received by USCIS
1/10/13 - NOA1 to VSC | 1/11/13 - Text/Email | 1/17/13 - Hard Copy Received
1/16/13 - Alien Registration Number changed
5/24/13 or 5/29/13 - Case Transferred to TSC
7/2/13 - NOA2 from TSC! (173 days from NOA1) | 7/6/13 - Hard Copy Received
7/18/13 - Shipped to NVC | 7/26/13 - Received at NVC and case number assigned
7/29/13 - In transit to consulate | 7/31/13 - Received by consulate
8/20/13 - Medical - Passed | 8/21/13 - Interview - Approved!
8/28/13 - Passport with visa ready to pickup from courier
10/17/13 - POE - JFK
10/28/13 - Applied for SSN and marriage license | 11/2/13 - SS card received
11/21/13 - Wedding

12/30/13 - I485/I765/I131 Sent | 1/2/14 - Received by USCIS
1/3/14 - NOA1 to NBC | 1/16/14 - Hard Copy Received
2/4/14 - Biometrics
3/7/14 - AP and EAD approved!
3/11/14 - AP/EAD card mailed | 3/14/14 - Received
4/10/14 - Interview Waiver letter
6/16/14 - Approved! | 6/21/14 - GC Received

5/2/16 - I-751 Sent | 5/5/16 - Received by USCIS
5/6/16 - NOA1 to VSC
6/14/16 - Biometrics

4/19/17 - Approved! | 4/22/17 - Letter received | 5/4/17 - GC Received

Guest DeletePlse

I had called the USCIS customer service number and their staff told me I did not need to send the G325 or the Letter of intent. So now I'm eagerly awaiting my RFE!! Thank God I found this website, I now have all the additional paperwork they will ask for....

we have same situation also. we hired a lawyer. then she said we dont need a letter of intent. i guess lawyer dont know about that thing. lol. so after almost 8 months we got rfe saying uscis need our latter of intent.. so i guess just wait for the rfe hard copy and send it back directly.. until now were waiting for the noa2. goodluck for all of us..

My fiance and I almost decided to get a lawyer now im so glad we didnt. I understand you guys are only a handful of the experiences of people who have hired lawyers but seriously how can they not know something so basic? How much have you guys spent on your lawyers?

Our Story AoS
[March 2012] Met online on Christian Mingle [November 27th 2013] AoS sent
[June 25th 2012] Met in Person in London!
[August 2012] Steve visits me again in the Uk for our second meeting for just one weekend! [March 6th 2014] AoS Interview - Passed
[september 2012] My first trip to America to visit the love of my life
[November 2012] I travel to America for my first ever thanksgiving with Steves family!
[December 2012] Steve comes to the Uk to spend xmas with my family!
( heart.gif February 15th 2013 heart.gif ) He pops the question in Kensington, London...and I say yes!

K1

[January 15th 2013) I-129f SENT!
[January 24th 2013] NOA1
[July 08th 2013]- NOA2 (
approved 165 Days)
[July 18th 2013] Case forwarded to NVC

[July 26th 2013] We call DoS and are finally given our case # - I book medical immediatly

[July 29th 2013] Case forwarded to US Embassy, London
[August 8th 2013] Packet 3 sent (before received)

[August 9th 2013] Packet 3 received
[August 13th 2013] Medical

[August 16th 2013] CEAC updates - London logs my medical results

[August 20th 2013] - CEAC update - London logs my packet 3

[August 23rd 2013] I call DoS and they tell me my interview date, (2 weeks since I sent ds-2001)

[August 27th 2013 CEAC update - London dispatches packet 4]

[August 29th 2013] Packet 4 received
[september 24th 2013] Interview -
Refused due to passport and birth certificate condition

[september 26th 2013] Emergency appt at HM Passport Office London - New Passport and Birth Certificate in hand
[september 30th 2013] DX collects passport and birth certificate

[October 3rd] - Docs delivered to Embassy

[October 10th] - London Approves and Issues our Visa!!

[October 16th 2013] 4.00pm - Visa in my hand, 11pm POE -Newark

[October 27th 2013] Wedding wub.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.