Articgirl

Is CSC moving again?

48 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

"Whenever they change immigration laws there are unexpected impacts"

Unexpected ? Like going from 5 months to a year to get NOA2 ?

I'm an IT guy and if someone in our team would say "we have an unexpected impact" he can expect to be fired by the end of the day.

Sorry I'm mad.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Just how big of a deal is this CSC slowdown currently? I've been out of the loop for a couple of months patiently waiting but if what I read is correct I am considering contacting my Congressman. However I don't want to go off half-cocked on hearsay information. I've known him for about 10 years and can contact him directly if I want but I don't want to go that route if it's not needed. However if there really is an issue affecting all of us and it's really going to be 10-12 months not the 5-6 I originally expected ((we applied the beginning of January and were expecting NOA2 by June-ish) then I think now is the time to act. I was thinking of contacting him and a couple other members of my Congressional delegation I don't know personally with the aim of creating a bit of a groundswell. Has anyone else done this? What about contacting the media? I would think this is the sort of thing certain parts of the media might jump on (USCIS puts illegals in line before US citizens) if they knew what was going on. However I don't want to yell "fire" if it's not warranted. As long as things are processing normally I'm ok with waiting but if nothing is happening then it's time to start seeing if we can push things along a bit.

Timeline

Just how big of a deal is this CSC slowdown currently? I've been out of the loop for a couple of months patiently waiting but if what I read is correct I am considering contacting my Congressman. However I don't want to go off half-cocked on hearsay information. I've known him for about 10 years and can contact him directly if I want but I don't want to go that route if it's not needed. However if there really is an issue affecting all of us and it's really going to be 10-12 months not the 5-6 I originally expected ((we applied the beginning of January and were expecting NOA2 by June-ish) then I think now is the time to act. I was thinking of contacting him and a couple other members of my Congressional delegation I don't know personally with the aim of creating a bit of a groundswell. Has anyone else done this? What about contacting the media? I would think this is the sort of thing certain parts of the media might jump on (USCIS puts illegals in line before US citizens) if they knew what was going on. However I don't want to yell "fire" if it's not warranted. As long as things are processing normally I'm ok with waiting but if nothing is happening then it's time to start seeing if we can push things along a bit.

I believe that this has potential as a national story. I want people to know about the injustice.

I'm not a staunch conservative, but can you imagine what Sean Hannity or Rush Limbaugh would say if they found out about this?

event.png

Timeline

I believe that this has potential as a national story. I want people to know about the injustice.

I'm not a staunch conservative, but can you imagine what Sean Hannity or Rush Limbaugh would say if they found out about this?

This is a tricky story with the potential of being spun different ways by different people. There is certainly an angle for the conservatives there (illegals go ahead of US citizens) *but* they might take a dim view on anyone foreign coming in, either through DACA or the fiance visa process so their support, especially by someone as anti-immigrant as Limbaugh, can't be assumed. Likewise from the liberal side this could be colored as a monetary issue (conservatives refuse to fund DACA, citizens suffer) which would put conservatives in a bad light. I think the key to success is going to be coming up with a narrative targeted at each group of people pushing the buzzwords that group favors while making the other group look bad. I'll see about starting a thread later tonight to discuss the avenues for expressing frustration (letters to Congress, letters to the editor, blog posts and news releases) and how best to present the issue and deliver it. With the right sort of agitation we should be able to make this a big news story for both the right and the left!

Edited by jft

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: South Korea
Timeline

This is a tricky story with the potential of being spun different ways by different people. There is certainly an angle for the conservatives there (illegals go ahead of US citizens) *but* they might take a dim view on anyone foreign coming in, either through DACA or the fiance visa process so their support, especially by someone as anti-immigrant as Limbaugh, can't be assumed. Likewise from the liberal side this could be colored as a monetary issue (conservatives refuse to fund DACA, citizens suffer) which would put conservatives in a bad light. I think the key to success is going to be coming up with a narrative targeted at each group of people pushing the buzzwords that group favors while making the other group look bad. I'll see about starting a thread later tonight to discuss the avenues for expressing frustration (letters to Congress, letters to the editor, blog posts and news releases) and how best to present the issue and deliver it. With the right sort of agitation we should be able to make this a big news story for both the right and the left!

I've already started a fairly extensive thread on how to deal with the issue via letters to elected representatives (though, of course, that isn't really necessary if you are personal friends with the congressman). I do agree that there is a good chance some conservative media (maybe the NRO or Weekly Standard?) or maybe even regional media outlets and conservative-leaning papers will bite on this story. To that end, I've been doing my best to try and build a factual case that can be disseminated to anyone who will listen to reason, but I know there are still some limitations to my analysis. Most importantly, it is really hard for me to build a model to forecast delays without having the February and March petition figures. Nevertheless, I think the two years of data i do have are sufficient to provide some broad projections for a number of different contingencies. I'm not done working that all out, but I will offer a teaser that I-129F petitioners at the CSC who filed after September, 2012, are definitely looking at 8-12 month processing times under the most likely scenarios. I'll have more on that soon.

Edited by I & B

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

The H-1B Visa submissions are about to also start flooding in on April 1st, they are also given processing priority and have to be approved within quite a quick time frame, I'd expect the .5 of a person working on K-1's to be shifted to processing H-1B's during April further adding to the significant delays...

AOS+EAD Sent 8-9-13

AOS+EAD Received 8-13-13

EAD NOA1 8-13-13

AOS NOA1 8-15-13

AOS+EAD Biometrics 9-17-2013, Walk-In 8-29-2013

EAD Approved 10-15-13

AOS Interview 12-18-13

E-REQUEST 2-3-14

INFOPASS Appointment 2-12-14

AOS Approved 2-24-2014

Timeline

You are right. We have to be a little delicate with the situation. I don't want a conservative who is going to put his foot in his mouth and misconstrue the situation in someway.

I will likely start with newspapers first. I have an in at the Omaha World-Herald as I had worked there as a web programmer for 5 years.

event.png

Timeline

Ok, I won't start a new thread then, yours looks pretty good. I'll join your thread with my $.02 and we will see if we can make some progress.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

They are hardly moving again, CSC was closed for two days and given they are supposedly able to take work home, if the .05 of a person that still processes the K-1's did any work from home or the local bar 3 approvals in 3 days is nothing and slower than last week. VSC is moving relatively quickly but still not inside 5 months and approved 8 in one day earlier this week and usually has more than 20 approvals a week from members of this site alone, whereas CSC struggles to get 6 approvals in one week and has done so since November. Strangely enough they are capable of approving around 30,000 illegal aliens a month, if they only did this for one month for k-1 applicants and make the criminals wait a WHOLE EXTRA MONTH!!!! Which would be extremely difficult for these poor suffering law breakers, CSC could clear the national backlog in one hit.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

I completly agree... I cant understand y the people that are waiting for there loved ones to b reunified are placed behind people waiting for a document!! There loved ones r already here! Illegally at that!! I thought this was America? Im so disapointed! Ive been reading posts all day and for sum there are sucess stories that give light to this gloomy process but for the most part i read horror stories! 443 days to process a k-1? That was without a RFE.. A post i read earlier!! I just dont get the inconsistency and controversy within CSC!! I wanna move my case!! Does anyone kno if thats possible? To request a case transfer to a center moving more efficiently? I dont wish for my case to b ahead of anyone inline before us.. But i do wish the line was moving and an end in sight.. This is so rediculous n all the posts n comments n letters ect. Dont seem to b moving things any faster.. If this process is so long there shuld b financial assistance for us to help with seeing our families! My children miss their dad! I miss him so much too! These Delays affect peoples lives n nobody seems to care except us being affected! I cant afford for all of us to visit with the cost of passports n visa fees n especially plane tickets!! For a family of 4 thats almost $5,000 just for the travel expenses for 1 trip!!! Not to mention cost of living over there for 2-4 weeks visiting time! Ugggh! It makes my heart ache just thinking about not seeing him another 8 months! Im sure many can relate... And living as a single mom of 3 girls isnt easy but thats not the kick in the butt! Not knowing wen hes coming home is the hardest part to explain to the girls... Id b satisfied with just a date of expectancy or even a date the USCIS will not go past. ( like worst case scenerio ) Being told they r still working on July cases doesnt really cut it! Thats rediculous how vague they are! I feel bad for others worse off.. Like those with medical emergencies or medical issues that need their loved one immediatly but cant get them here in a reasonable amount of time... I am thankful to God im not in that crisis.. But i do think about if sumthing were to happen.. Its just such a dark tunnel were all in waiting for the USCIS to turn on the lights!!! # Frustrated and lonely#

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

The H-1B Visa submissions are about to also start flooding in on April 1st, they are also given processing priority and have to be approved within quite a quick time frame, I'd expect the .5 of a person working on K-1's to be shifted to processing H-1B's during April further adding to the significant delays...

what are those :o... i'm afraid to even know! can you explain it a bit more or link to some info so i can then go bang my head of the walls a bit more?

on another note, i have sent a letter to 60 minutes about this situation, as well as to the white house, not that i expect them to do anything about it. But being a defense employee, who knows they might actually open it before deleting it

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

what are those :o... i'm afraid to even know! can you explain it a bit more or link to some info so i can then go bang my head of the walls a bit more?

on another note, i have sent a letter to 60 minutes about this situation, as well as to the white house, not that i expect them to do anything about it. But being a defense employee, who knows they might actually open it before deleting it

The H-1B is a skilled working/professional non-immigrant Visa which is applied for yearly by employers seeking foreign workers with a qualification they need, it usually has a 2 week application period starting on April 1st, then the Visa's are usually approved some withing 10-15 days if they employer pays extra for preferential treatment or within 2-3 months for the rest. My guess is that given this Visa serves business and the economy it will definitely gain priority over K-1's, further stretching CSC understaffed resources.

AOS+EAD Sent 8-9-13

AOS+EAD Received 8-13-13

EAD NOA1 8-13-13

AOS NOA1 8-15-13

AOS+EAD Biometrics 9-17-2013, Walk-In 8-29-2013

EAD Approved 10-15-13

AOS Interview 12-18-13

E-REQUEST 2-3-14

INFOPASS Appointment 2-12-14

AOS Approved 2-24-2014

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

The H-1B is a skilled working/professional non-immigrant Visa which is applied for yearly by employers seeking foreign workers with a qualification they need, it usually has a 2 week application period starting on April 1st, then the Visa's are usually approved some withing 10-15 days if they employer pays extra for preferential treatment or within 2-3 months for the rest. My guess is that given this Visa serves business and the economy it will definitely gain priority over K-1's, further stretching CSC understaffed resources.

Oh joy... :blink:

Oh joy... :blink:

H1Bs are not new and they do them every year, through-out the year. Just more at the start of the year when the companies that use them get their allowances renewed. This should be factored into their expected workload, not new workload. I wouldn't look to them for any major impact above what would have happened in any other year.

* I-130/CR-1 visa by Direct Consular Filing in London
3rd May 2013 - Married in London

7th May 2013 - I-130 filed
4th June 2013 - NOA2 (approved)
16th July 2013 - Interview (approved)
30th July 2013 - POE San Francisco
29th August 2013 - 2 year green card arrived

* How? Read my DCF London I-130 for CR1/IR1 Spouse Guide

* Removal of Conditions (RoC) via California Service Centre
1st May 2015 - 90 day RoC window opened
6th May 2015 - I-751 filed (delivered 8th May, cheque cashed 18th May)
7th August 2015 - Approved / GC production

27th August 2015 - 10 year green card arrived

* Naturalisation (Citizenship) via Phoenix Lockbox

* San Francisco Field Office:
1st May 2016 - N-400 window opened
20th August 2016 - N-400 filed

26th August 2016 - NOA1
13th September 2016 - Biometrics

12th January 2017 - Biometrics (again)
30th May 2017 - Interview (approved)
7th June 2017 - Oath

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.