mamaSue

I'm a USC at last!!!

19 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

Thanks, my VJ friends.....I'm still going to hang around VJ....So many nice people here!!:thumbs:

I applied for my US passport today, at the courthouse.... was in and out in 10 minutes, no appointment necessary. (our local post office is a a nightmare :wacko: ) !

Fabulous! What did they say was the wait time? Did they take your original naturalization certificate?

So exciting! I can only imagine how you'll feel to get that passport!

Fabulous! What did they say was the wait time? Did they take your original naturalization certificate?

So exciting! I can only imagine how you'll feel to get that passport!

They said 4-6 weeks. Didn't think it was worth paying an extra $60 for expedited, as we're not planning to go anywhere until October.

V&T, you're absolutely right...I'm looking forward to getting my little blue book.:yes:

It's strange how the USA grabs you.....I never had a lifelong ambition to live in the USA or anything....it just happens to be the place where the man I fell in love with in my old age is from....But, now I'm a USC....I've been feeling very patriotic this week.....I've even got the little flag they gave me, sticking up on my car dashboard.

I'm sure the euphoria will wear off and I'll go back to my normal cynical old self soon.... but, this week, I've definitely been on a high!!!:dance:

Old and Grumpy....But an American Citizen!!!

They said 4-6 weeks. Didn't think it was worth paying an extra $60 for expedited, as we're not planning to go anywhere until October.

you'll get it earlier.. i got mine in ten days, not expedited..

LPR 2007

CITIZENSHIP 2012

N-400 filed based marriage to usc = april ??

biometrics = june 21

interview = august 2

oath taking = august 29

done..

you'll get it earlier.. i got mine in ten days, not expedited..

Wow, that sounds cool.....my friend in Atlanta took 4 weeks to get hers. What state are you in??

Old and Grumpy....But an American Citizen!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.