Michael Ruffin

Finding jobs in Manila for in-laws

8 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello!

Is there any place or job resource available to help get my 30+ in laws jobs in Manila? They just have high school diploma. I know good paying jobs are hard to get without 2 years of technical school or college unless you speak very good english and work at the call center. There is has to be a need for janitors, cleaning people or garbage man. I am assuming you don't need an advance degree to clean toilets.

Thanks,

Michael

Hello!

Is there any place or job resource available to help get my 30+ in laws jobs in Manila? They just have high school diploma. I know good paying jobs are hard to get without 2 years of technical school or college unless you speak very good english and work at the call center. There is has to be a need for janitors, cleaning people or garbage man. I am assuming you don't need an advance degree to clean toilets.

Thanks,

Michael

Sorry to say but you may be assuming to much. Each year in the Philippines there are tens of thousands of new college graduates. Generally speaking the average person is already out of the work force by the age of 27, mostly because you have to reapply for your job every 6 months and there is always people waiting to take your place.

Edited by dave01

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Are there 30 plus of them or are they older than 30?

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Timeline

Hello!

Thanks,

Michael

I am not discouraging you, but there's a lot of 4 years course college degree, 2 years course vocational college level that WERE graduate in Some and other reputable schools that do not have a JOB. And may I remind you that now is March, lots of fresh newly graduates will need a JOB too.

Nowadays here in the Philippines it is hard to find a high paying company. They want college level that can speak English well, sometimes they want your credentials from school to submit to them, others have height limit, age limit etc..

Then the minimum wage now is I think 485 pesos per day ($12 per day) but others give only 150-300 pesos per day ($3-$6 per day). And yes that's the reality.. There are some MANILA rate (485/day) and provincial rate (100-300/day) but sometimes in Manila there is also paying 150-300 a day in Manila area.

If your in-law is really have a determination in finding job, there are multiple companies in CAVITE just find the EPZA or GATEWAY, in that area there's alot of company hiring HS grad.. some works are garments, electronics and etc.

or try to apply in some convenience store or foodcart stores as cashier etc.

In these time, he/she should not be too picky in what kind of job. Remember it is always up to a person whether he/she will survive and be successful in life even if it's just a break even for awhile, it's always a person's choice..

Goodluck to your in-law..

♥♥God gave you to me. I asked Him why, He said, “Because he can fill your life like no one else can.” ♥♥I love you and I really miss you so much luv!♥♥Hope to be with you soon and have a happy family!♥♥

Timeline

If they have great construction skills or a commercial drivers license there are some jobs withiut college degrees. Other than that, 4 year degree and young is what they will hire and they are allowed to descriminate.. Better to buy them a business in the province...

27 January 2012: Mailed I-129F

03 February 2012: NOA1( e-mail & Text)

03 February 2012: Check Cashed

NO RFE'S

22 June 2012 : NOA2 (e-mail & Text)

16 July 2012: Manila Case Number(by phone)

17 July 2012: Interview paid at BPI

19 July 2012: Set interview for Mid-Aug

23-24 July 2012: Medical St. Lukes(passed)

24 July 2012: CFO Seminar(had to go next morning for landline #)- PASSED

02 Aug 2012: Received e-mail from USEM our case is there.

15 Aug 2012: Interview at USEM - APPROVED

13 SEP 2012: POE Minneapolis, MN

27 OCT 2012: Married

19 NOV 2012: AOS package sent

05 DEC 2012: NOA's I-765, I-131, I-485

14 DEC 2012: Biometrics appointment finished(Walk-in..Was scheduled Jan 04 2013)

02 FEB 2013: I-131 and I-765 Approved

07 FEB 2013: USPS Picked up the combo-card

11 FEB 2013: Received Combo-card

21 FEB 2013: Transit Visa picked up in Chicago for Japan

Newspaper job ads are good for this. I must say that if YOU have to be asking around for them, they don't have a chance against folks who have been in Manila for a while and are more assertive about their job search.

Blue Bianchi

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

01/08/2020 Day 00 - Submitted N-400 online

01/11/2020 Day 03 - Received NOA online, Priority Date January 8, 2020

01/14/2020 Day 06 - Received notice of Biometrics appointment online.

01/31/2020 Day 20 - Biometrics Appointment (scheduled)
07/08/2020 Day 183 - Received online notice of citizenship interview 
08/21/2020 Day 227 - Citizenship interview
08/21/2020 Day 227 - Citizenship Oath (Same day as interview!)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.