JODi * DOUG

How Long???Please Help. . . .

15 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Heyy Everyone =)

So I have emailed NVC about few days away from two weeks asking about the case number on our k-1 process but not have heard back from them. Today I was reading over a few old posts that came up from the search box and figured that this is normal not to hear from them right away being they get hundreds of emails. I was just curious if anyone recently has any update on how fast they reply to emails being the post's Ive read were from quite a while ago. If anyone has read my previous post its pretty hard for me to call NVC from brasil since long distance calling can be ridiculously expensive. I was also wondering if emailing NVC is the only way I can find out the information on the case number?

Other than that for Brasil filers, how long does it take for the embassy to send the information about the embassy receiving the case? If I'm not mistaken they send the appointment letter with that or does my fiance book his appointment for one of the dates available?

Any ideas and thoughts will be greatly appreciated =)

Thank You Guys So Much!!!

Wish you all the best of luck!!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Even though its expensive you should really be phoning them not Emailing. You would get the answers to your questions right away.

If you call DOS ( department of state ) you can get way more information from them than NVC usually. Such as if the embassy has it already and if they have sent you anything from the embassy.

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Your I-129f was approved in 5 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 67 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS was approved in 2 months and 8 days without interview.

ROC was approved in 3 months and 2 days without interview.

I am a Citizen of the United States of America. 04/16/13

Timeline

Really?? I didn't know i could call DOS about the same thing, if im not mistaken I remember reading a post on something else about DOS and something about them being faster to get in touch with,i guess it depends on the day, but do you know the best number to call for DOS and/or link to website i see the information about them like the times the phone lines are open until and everything.

Thank You So Much for the Reply =)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Really?? I didn't know i could call DOS about the same thing, if im not mistaken I remember reading a post on something else about DOS and something about them being faster to get in touch with,i guess it depends on the day, but do you know the best number to call for DOS and/or link to website i see the information about them like the times the phone lines are open until and everything.

Thank You So Much for the Reply =)

Yes I called DOS back when I was trying to get information because NVC would not respond, when calling DOS the person said my case was only at NVC for 2 days and the embassy had it and already sent me my forms. They were WAY more helpful!!

This is the number I called for visa services 1-202-663-1225

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Your I-129f was approved in 5 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 67 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS was approved in 2 months and 8 days without interview.

ROC was approved in 3 months and 2 days without interview.

I am a Citizen of the United States of America. 04/16/13

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Heyy Everyone =)

If anyone has read my previous post its pretty hard for me to call NVC from brasil since long distance calling can be ridiculously expensive. I was also wondering if emailing NVC is the only way I can find out the information on the case number?

Get a Skype account and load some money on it. When I was in the Middle East it was only two cents a minute to call a telephone in the USA using Skype. That is amazingly cheap! And audio quality was pretty good, but it depends on how good of an internet service you have.

Timeline

Thank you everyone for the replies, to my surprise i received an email from the embassy today saying the appointment for my fiance has been made for April 16th, I'm soo excited but soo nervous I truly hope everything is put together by then, its really crunch time now. I never knew it would happen soo fast, i always thought a couple months or some time around that.

Can the medical be done in time????That's one of my biggest concerns and the Brazilian police records

I'm just curious and really have no intentions on doing this, but i like to cover all my bases, if for any reason I needed to change appointment date is all I do is email the embassy and they send me the new appointment date or is it more complex than that?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Thank you everyone for the replies, to my surprise i received an email from the embassy today saying the appointment for my fiance has been made for April 16th, I'm soo excited but soo nervous I truly hope everything is put together by then, its really crunch time now. I never knew it would happen soo fast, i always thought a couple months or some time around that.

Can the medical be done in time????That's one of my biggest concerns and the Brazilian police records

Follow the information on this link, this is the official US Embassy website for Fiance(e) visa in Brazil, click on "Medical Examination" and see who is the certified doctor in his state and call them, they will tell him what he needs and how long it takes to have an appointment scheduled and also ask them what are the vaccination requirements, your fiance will probably need some shots.

Police Records, he will need two, one from the Policia Federal, he can get it online on this link.

And another one from the Policia Civil / Secrataria de Seguranca Publica from his state, in some states he also can get it online, others he must go in person, check here.

I'm just curious and really have no intentions on doing this, but i like to cover all my bases, if for any reason I needed to change appointment date is all I do is email the embassy and they send me the new appointment date or is it more complex than that?

Edited by Me&myLove

K1 VISA JOURNEY

07/11/2011 - sent I-129F petition

07/14/2011 - NOA1

07/19/2011 - NOA1 hard copy received

11/16/2011 - NOA2

11/19/2011 - NOA2 hard copy received

11/28/2011 - Rio de Janeiro Embassy case number received from NVC

12/15/2011 - Packet 4 received

01/24/2012 - Interview at Embassy in Rio de Janeiro

01/27/2012 - Passport/Visa received

02/08/2012 - US Entry

02/25/2012 - Marriage

AOS JOURNEY

05/07/2012 - Sent AOS/EAD/AP Package (to PO Box Address through USPS Express Mail)

05/08/2012 - delivery confirmation received

05/09/2012 - AOS/EAD/AP Applications accepted

05/22/2012 - AOS/EAD/AP NOA's date

05/22/2012 - text / notification with case numbers received

05/29/2012 - 3 NOA's hardcopies received at home

06/04/2012 - Biometrics appointment letter received

06/13/2012 - Biometrics appointment

06/13/2012 - RFE

06/16/2012 - RFE hard copy (request for 2011 tax return)

07/19/2012 - RFE response submited

07/24/2012 - RFE review started

08/07/2012 - EAD/AP Approval email and text messages

08/15/2012 - EAD/AP combo Card received through usps priority mail

09/06/2012 - AOS approved

09/10/2012 - Welcome Letter received at homes

09/14/2012 - Green Card received at home yayyyyyy

m7cvL0A.jpgm7cvm5.png

Timeline

Thank you so much for those links! I was wondering if by any chance if you did the medical in Sao Paulo? I noticed there are two doctors for Sao Paulo on the list and was wondering if you had done it there what doctor you used, or if by any chance know about those doctors if you have any recommendations.

My fiance lives closer to Sao Paulo and plans on doing the medical exam there.

Heyy Everyone =)

So I have emailed NVC about few days away from two weeks asking about the case number on our k-1 process but not have heard back from them. Today I was reading over a few old posts that came up from the search box and figured that this is normal not to hear from them right away being they get hundreds of emails. I was just curious if anyone recently has any update on how fast they reply to emails being the post's Ive read were from quite a while ago. If anyone has read my previous post its pretty hard for me to call NVC from brasil since long distance calling can be ridiculously expensive. I was also wondering if emailing NVC is the only way I can find out the information on the case number?

Other than that for Brasil filers, how long does it take for the embassy to send the information about the embassy receiving the case? If I'm not mistaken they send the appointment letter with that or does my fiance book his appointment for one of the dates available?

Any ideas and thoughts will be greatly appreciated =)

Thank You Guys So Much!!!

Wish you all the best of luck!!!

Please update your timeline

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline
long distance calling can be ridiculously expensive.

Use skype credits!! That's what I do, its really cheap for the US

Our K-1 journey * I am the beneficiary *

08/03/2012 sent I-129F

06/27/2013 Interview at Frankfurt Consulate = Approved.

08/09/2013 Wedding!

AOS

09/03/2013 Sent AOS + EAD + AP

12/30/2013 PR card in hand.

ROC

09/29/2015 Sent I-751

10/30/15 Biometrics

05/19/16 Approved

N-400

10/04/2016 Send Package

10/15/2016 NOA

11/04/2016 Biometrics

02/01/2017 Interview

02/23/2017 Oath!

Timeline

Thank you so much for those links! I was wondering if by any chance if you did the medical in Sao Paulo? I noticed there are two doctors for Sao Paulo on the list and was wondering if you had done it there what doctor you used, or if by any chance know about those doctors if you have any recommendations.

My fiance lives closer to Sao Paulo and plans on doing the medical exam there.

Yes, I did my examination in Sao Paulo with Dr. Joao Jorge Leite, I highly recommend him, his office is kind of busy but it worked really good for me, I suggest your fiance to call him (not to send an email once they don't reply right away) as soon as possible and ask him what are the vaccines he should take before coming for the appointment, this is his website http://www.examemedicovisto.com/exame_medico_visto_eua.html

His contact information and address: Rua Sergipe, 441 cj 111, São Paulo-SP - Telefone: (11) 3661-9522 e 3663-0404 - contato@examemedicovisto.com

Good luck, let me know if you have any other questions :)

Edited by Me&myLove

K1 VISA JOURNEY

07/14/2011 - NOA1

11/16/2011 - NOA2

02/08/2012 - US Entry

02/25/2012 - Marriage

AOS JOURNEY

05/07/2012 - Sent AOS/EAD/AP Package (to PO Box Address through USPS Express Mail)

06/13/2012 - RFE

m7cvL0A.jpgm7cvm5.png

Timeline

Thank you so much for the information again! =)

I was doing research on the doctors and found the website for that same doctor, I liked that the information was all listed and it showed he does the immigration examinations. I couldn't find anything on the other doctor.I truly hope my fiance can get an appointment with him otherwise we will try the other doctor. I had sent an email the other night from my personal email and from his website, but after reading your post i will most definitely have my fiance call right away Monday morning since they don't reply to emails quickly. Do you know by any chance if anyone in the office or the doctor speaks English?

If they do I would like to call for my fiance to ask them about any questions and try booking an appointment.

Sorry for the million questions lol, but would my fiance go for his medical and then go back home and then go back to Sao Paulo to pick it up or is there a simpler way. He said he'll do whatever needs to be done but if there's a way to save money on gas or taking a bus over there it would be great.

Once again thank you so much for helping us with these questions =)

Timeline

My fiance had called the office you had recommended for Dr. João Jorge Leite. he had an opening for next Monday, April 1st, which works out perfect. The office had told him that they will send his results through overnight service with Sedex so we wont have to travel back to Sao Paulo to pick up the results.

Timeline

My fiance had called the office you had recommended for Dr. João Jorge Leite. he had an opening for next Monday, April 1st, which works out perfect. The office had told him that they will send his results through overnight service with Sedex so we wont have to travel back to Sao Paulo to pick up the results.

Great news, I hope everything work out good for you guys. Good luck!

K1 VISA JOURNEY

07/14/2011 - NOA1

11/16/2011 - NOA2

02/08/2012 - US Entry

02/25/2012 - Marriage

AOS JOURNEY

06/13/2012 - RFE

m7cvL0A.jpgm7cvm5.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.