Andreea&Kevin

August Filer CSC NOA2 Approved!!!!!!

96 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

Wow, we have the exact same dates.

Here is what I wrote to my congressman about a month ago. Real credit needs to go to the hard work of his staff.

Dear Congressman McClintock,

I’m writing you today about the California Service Center of the USCIS and their priority of handling cases. I currently have a fiancé visa waiting for review. It has been pending review for over 5 and a half months now and at the current rate will be many more until it is even looked at. I realize there is a huge backlog of cases due to the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals, but this should not mean that all other cases are neglected. These people waiting for their cases are already in the USA and not separated from their loved ones, while I’m kept apart from mine. I feel I’m being punished for doing the immigration process the legal and proper way. There is also the financial impact on my family and your district. I’m supporting my fiancé, so that means thousands of dollars is not being spent locally. I can’t support local businesses, local jobs and there is also a loss of tax revenue, because I must support my family no matter where they are.

Another financial aspect of this is the revenue from fees of the deferred action cases. There are currently over 400,000 cases, each paying $435. Where did that $174,000,000 dollars go? The USCIS needs more staff to do their jobs. Money should be directed to the USCIS and used to get unemployed Americans back to work and relieve the backlog at the USCIS.

This isn’t the first time I have been separated from my family. I spent 6 years in the US Navy, including 2 deployments overseas. I gave up a portion of my life to help out our great nation, now I’d like to see that same respect in return.

As a registered voter I have been a supporter of your policies for many years and believe in the direction you are taking our nation. I thank you for all you have done and hope you can assist me in getting a service request with the USCIS.

Sincerely,

Kevin

If we write such a letter, without being in the military, it'll change nothing (many people's opinion). I've been waiting for 8 months now and still nothing. I'll try to do the same and see if it's only working for military or working for anyone.

It's because of impatient people that others who petitioned before are still waiting, unfortunately for them. Some even have kids... :(

NOA1 August 6 2012
NOA2 April 16 2013

NVC April 22 2013

Packet 3 received May 25th 2013

Interview July 11th 2013

I'm not a reference between packet 3 and 4. Some papers were missing so things were delayed.

Approved
See Timeline for update

RFE another child to add delays the case

Green Card received 18 July 2014 Almost a year! :(

Timeline

I'm worried. NOA1 August 12 2012. 3/21/2013 and still NO NOA2.

Look at my timeline.... If people were waiting their turn no one would be worried... They complain about the DACA but they don't mind going before others...

I don't know what to tell you, I'm entering the 8th month!!! :angry:

NOA1 August 6 2012
NOA2 April 16 2013

NVC April 22 2013

Interview July 11th 2013

I'm not a reference between packet 3 and 4. Some papers were missing so things were delayed.

Approved
See Timeline for update

Timeline

Congratulations! :)

I was going to contact my congresswoman this week, though I am not sure what to be asking. Is there something specific to ask for when doing this or just mention the VISA process?

Thanks!

Maybe you should wait for your turn? It's much more simplier if first case arrived, first case taken care of... I'm from July and still waiting because people want to contact their congressman...

NOA1 August 6 2012
NOA2 April 16 2013

NVC April 22 2013

Interview July 11th 2013

Approved
See Timeline for update

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Romania
Timeline

If we write such a letter, without being in the military, it'll change nothing (many people's opinion). I've been waiting for 8 months now and still nothing. I'll try to do the same and see if it's only working for military or working for anyone.

It's because of impatient people that others who petitioned before are still waiting, unfortunately for them. Some even have kids... :(

I guess I'm the impatient one who got approved after 207 days. :huh:

I have tried many times with many posts, starting a couple months ago, to encourage others to contact their representatives and the ombudsman. I've helped several people find who they need to contact and what they needed to do. I also posted every email I sent to give people an idea what to write. It wasn't till I got approved did it seem to really get attention as being something that would work.

Me being in the military did not matter. 2 others here on VJ got the same help at the same time from the same congressman's staff.

NOA1 - 8/24/2012

NOA2 - 3/18/2013 Only took 207 days at CSC

event.png

Timeline

I guess I'm the impatient one who got approved after 207 days. :huh:

I have tried many times with many posts, starting a couple months ago, to encourage others to contact their representatives and the ombudsman. I've helped several people find who they need to contact and what they needed to do. I also posted every email I sent to give people an idea what to write. It wasn't till I got approved did it seem to really get attention as being something that would work.

Me being in the military did not matter. 2 others here on VJ got the same help at the same time from the same congressman's staff.

All I'm saying is that if people were waiting their turn, first arrived first served, then it wouldn't be such an unfair problem like this.

I'm in the sh soon and so is a friend of mine on this topic too... So I can't wait to see if they are going to make a move. I sold my house and no place to go and no NOA2... And bringing my daughter with me, buy a house, find a school, get married, GC all this before september, time for school to start! So yes I'm freaking out now!

NOA1 August 6 2012
NOA2 April 16 2013

NVC April 22 2013

Interview July 11th 2013

Approved
See Timeline for update

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

The problem is that CSC is under-processing at this time, so even waiting your turn will take a long time. We all have our own reasons to want to have the process continued, and not stalled.

Timeline

I contacted my gov't representative, and no, I'm not sorry. The government needs to be held accountable in all aspects of mismanagement...not just the USCIS. Someone in a previous post encouraged that we contact our congressional representatives, so I did. Will that help me? Probably not. As said, it takes more that one ant to build a house. I'm doing what makes sense to me.

Again...I'm not sorry I did it.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

The problem is that CSC is under-processing at this time, so even waiting your turn will take a long time. We all have our own reasons to want to have the process continued, and not stalled.

"under-processing" lol that is an understatemnet if ever! lol

Take a look at what's happening at Vermont. Just over half of August have received their NOA2 but September filers are almost at the same rate. That to me is stranger than CSC's slow pace. I don't for one minute think that all those September filers expedited their cases.

Sitting and waiting you turn was ok up to 5 months but CSC needs looking into and answers got. Why are they processing so few per month? Our letter has gone off to our congressman. It may not help but then again it may. Whatever the outcome for our petition, it's one more congressman that is alerted to the problems at California. Maybe every politician in the whole USA needs to know our plight then they may see they have a real problem on their hands.

event.png

07.22.2011 Met the other half of my soul for first time In the US
06.08.2012 Got engaged
08.01.2012 I-129F submitted
08.07.2012 NOA1 received
04.18.2013 RFE email & Txt

04.24.2013 RFE email & Txt again!

04.28.2013 RFE hard copy rec'vd

05.03.2013 RFE response mailed to CSC

05.06.2013 RFE response received at CSC

05.09.2013 NOA2 text!!!!!!

05.13.2013 NOA2 Hard Copy received YAY!!!!

07.24.2013 Date of Packet 4

07.26.2013 Received packet 4

08.30.2013 Interview at London Embassy

APPROVED!!!!! YAY YAY YAY!!!!!

Timeline

"under-processing" lol that is an understatemnet if ever! lol

Take a look at what's happening at Vermont. Just over half of August have received their NOA2 but September filers are almost at the same rate. That to me is stranger than CSC's slow pace. I don't for one minute think that all those September filers expedited their cases.

Sitting and waiting you turn was ok up to 5 months but CSC needs looking into and answers got. Why are they processing so few per month? Our letter has gone off to our congressman. It may not help but then again it may. Whatever the outcome for our petition, it's one more congressman that is alerted to the problems at California. Maybe every politician in the whole USA needs to know our plight then they may see they have a real problem on their hands.

Yes but it's not a reason to seek congressmen because of impatience. I agree it's over too much slow (I hope it's English lol) I'm entering the 8th month and it's too much while the July ones before me already received it very quickly.

Everyone's got their own reasons to go before others and since everyone's got their own reason, way to go!!!! I'm gonna push too to make it faster!! I'm not selfish but finally I become selfish too!

NOA1 August 6 2012
NOA2 April 16 2013

NVC April 22 2013

Interview July 11th 2013

Approved
See Timeline for update

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Romania
Timeline

Yes but it's not a reason to seek congressmen because of impatience. I agree it's over too much slow (I hope it's English lol) I'm entering the 8th month and it's too much while the July ones before me already received it very quickly.

Everyone's got their own reasons to go before others and since everyone's got their own reason, way to go!!!! I'm gonna push too to make it faster!! I'm not selfish but finally I become selfish too!

I realize you think me and others have jumped ahead in line. But the reality is there is no "line" at CSC, there is only a big deep black hole. At least that's how it's been for the past 4 months. So, it's not like they put down a July filers case to go get mine. Without people getting their representatives involved there would just be fewer approvals. I really wish CSC wasn't like this, but it's the reality we are all facing currently. If you want to be mad at me for accepting and dealing with that reality, I'm ok with that.

I wish you the best of luck in dealing with CSC and hope you and everyone gets their NOA 2 soon.

Edited by Andreea&Kevin

NOA1 - 8/24/2012

NOA2 - 3/18/2013 Only took 207 days at CSC

event.png

Timeline

I realize you think me and others have jumped ahead in line. But the reality is there is no "line" at CSC, there is only a big deep black hole. At least that's how it's been for the past 4 months. So, it's not like they put down a July filers case to go get mine. Without people getting their representatives involved there would just be fewer approvals. I really wish CSC wasn't like this, but it's the reality we are all facing currently. If you want to be mad at me for accepting and dealing with that reality, I'm ok with that.

I wish you the best of luck in dealing with CSC and hope you and everyone gets their NOA 2 soon.

See, for many reasons we couldn't file our papers by ourselves and we sought the help of professionals. The woman told me First arrived, first served. I'm not mad at you personally, I'm mad at people who, because of their youth, just can't wait.

Now if you tell me it's not waiting our turn in a file, then I don't understand how they function...

The other thing is that it's me who have to get in touch with the congressman/senator because my man doesn't have time...

And they want the extension Zipcode where he lives because that's the way it is.

I don't even know how to get started and it makes me more mad.

NOA1 August 6 2012
NOA2 April 16 2013

NVC April 22 2013

Interview July 11th 2013

Approved
See Timeline for update

Timeline

Well, first come first served, not really. There is a pile of a range of cases the centers work on. Even at VSC where they are processing them like mad, they are not in order. about a +/- month range.

And, heck, I don't have time for this $h!t, but I will make time for it.

Edited by Bayareaguy

Timeline

I have now both written and called my congressman and am waiting for a return call. Let's see if this produces some results. Of course, I'm also praying which I know produces results.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline

Well, first come first served, not really. There is a pile of a range of cases the centers work on. Even at VSC where they are processing them like mad, they are not in order. about a +/- month range.

And, heck, I don't have time for this $h!t, but I will make time for it.

Here! Here! If it is important to you, you will make the time. For me, there is nothing more important right now. I want to be together with my fiancee and my son, so I can get on with the real important stuff. Unfortunately I have this barrier to deal with.

One of the other posters talked about being young and not able to wait. I am not young, so youth has nothing to do with my impatience. My son turns 1 year old in a couple of weeks. So, sitting around and watching him grow up, learn to walk, learn to talk, when he is thousands of miles away? I believe I have sufficient motivation to be impatient. Everyone on these forums has motivation to be impatient. It is not natural or healthy to have to endure a lengthy, uncertain separation. This is not some test to see if we are worthy. This is unnecessary suffering caused by an agency that is not fulfilling its mandated mission. Each and every one of us should be responsible for pushing and prodding to get our cases looked at and acted upon.

Andreea&Kevin, I, for one, am happy for you and applaud your efforts and your success. You are a model that everyone here should try to emulate.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.