A.J

SPONSOR Tax Return

7 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

ok Im sorry but I have another question - On the packet its said

"IF a sponsor filed an I-864 (Affidavit of Support) AND provided the NVC with proof of

an IRS Federal Income Tax Extension in lieu of a Federal Income Tax Return, the

applicant must bring the sponsor's most recent Federal Income Tax Return to the visa

interview.

* Failure to present all necessary documents to the Consular Officer will result in the

applicant's immigrant visa being refused at the initial interview."

My sister co Sponsor my husband - I know when I did My (Affidavit of Support) I sent My Tax Return they ask for the past 3 Years 2009 -2010 and 2011 - My Visa case worker Took My originals 2011 Tax Return - IF she Took Mine she Took MY sister I dont know if she did Beccuz I was here in Morocco but If they have My sister originals Tax Return - I cant Do anything about it Becuz they have them.

Has any of the Visa Officers ask for the SPONSOR Tax Return.

Timeline

I don't know about this as we did not use a cosponsor, but my husband's interview was last week and they asked for info on 2012 (not 2011) taxes. My husband didn't have a 2012 tax return with him but they were satisfied with my 2012 w-2, which he did have. I was surprised by that, since 2012 taxes are not due yet.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Scotland
Timeline

ok Im sorry but I have another question - On the packet its said

"IF a sponsor filed an I-864 (Affidavit of Support) AND provided the NVC with proof of

applicant must bring the sponsor's most recent Federal Income Tax Return to the visa

interview.

* Failure to present all necessary documents to the Consular Officer will result in the

My sister co Sponsor my husband - I know when I did My (Affidavit of Support) I sent My Tax Return they ask for the past 3 Years 2009 -2010 and 2011 - My Visa case worker Took My originals 2011 Tax Return - IF she Took Mine she Took MY sister I dont know if she did Beccuz I was here in Morocco but If they have My sister originals Tax Return - I cant Do anything about it Becuz they have them.

Has any of the Visa Officers ask for the SPONSOR Tax Return.

At my interview, I was not asked for either my husband or my joint sponsor's tax return, I just provided his 2012 W-2. Also the statement on the interview letter is confusing. If you and your sister have already submitted your tax returns to either the National Visa Center (NVC), or the the immigrant visa unit of the U.S embassy in your country then you DO NOT need to provide the tax returns again. I say this statement is confusing because it is ONLY IF you, or the joint sponsor applied for an EXTENSION to file your tax return that your spouse must present your tax returns at interview. If you filed your tax returns on time and DID NOT apply for an extension, you should be all set.

I don't know about this as we did not use a cosponsor, but my husband's interview was last week and they asked for info on 2012 (not 2011) taxes. My husband didn't have a 2012 tax return with him but they were satisfied with my 2012 w-2, which he did have. I was surprised by that, since 2012 taxes are not due yet.

I also provided my husband's 2012 W-2 at interview, which they were satisfied with. So to the OP, have your spouse take a copy of your 2012 W-2 and that should hopefully suffice.

Filed for IR-1 Visa

12/14/2008: Met for the first time through friends
01/07/2009: First Date
07/07/2010: Married!
08/19/2011: I-130 mailed
08/24/2011: USCIS Acceptance Confirmation email received
08/26/2011: NOA1 received
09/23/2011: NOA2
09/26/2011: Case received by NVC
10/17/2011: Case put on NVC's system
10/18/2011: AOS bill invoiced and paid
10/20/2011: AOS bill shown as PAID
10/26/2011: Emailed DS-3032
10/28/2011: DS-3032 acknowledged and IV bill invoiced
10/31/2011: IV bill paid
11/01/2011: IV bill shown as PAID
10/13/2012: I-864 package mailed
10/26/2012: RFE
11/06/2012: IV package mailed
01/30/2013: Case complete at NVC
02/21/2013: Medical
03/06/2013: Interview- Approved
05/30/2013: POE
07/31/2013: Greencard arrived in mail!

Account of medical: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/416093-london-medical-experience/page__p__5997291#entry5997291
Review of Embassy/Interview: http://www.visajourney.com/reviews/view-dos-cis-reviews.php?entry=11637

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

1- I'm going to be honest, I find it hard to understand what you're asking

2- You say they took your ORIGINAL 2011 tax returns? Impossible really because you would have sent those to the IRS when you filed. So I'm assuming you mean they took your only copy? If so, I guess I don't understand why you care and what you would need it for right now. Are you trying to get your IRS PIN to file online for the year? Because they allow multiple types of proof to be able to get that. Not just last years refund.

3- Or are you saying they took your original 2012 W2? Because if they did that, you're given multiple copies so it wouldn't really matter either.

I think really just overall I'm SO confused about what your issue is.

oldlady.gif

Timeline

Im From New Mexico and are tax Season has Not started Yet -

Im here In Morocco SO I have Not Filled My 2012 Taxes - My guys will Not start My Tax for me I have to pay 100 up front and wait 3 -4 weeks for them and My hubby interview is in 2 weeks April 2nd

YES I sent ORIGINAL 2011 tax return

Thanks for the Help :) I will just have to have My sister Scan her W-2 for me

Edited by A.J

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline

I'm not understanding why you need to submit 2012 W-2s if your interview was in March.

3/2/18  E-filed N-400 under 5 year rule

3/26/18 Biometrics

7/2019-12/2019 (Yes, 16- 21 months) Estimated time to interview MSP office.

Timeline

On the packet its said

interview.

His interview is 2nd of APRIL

Edited by A.J

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.