The Mean Lady

NEED HELP WITH SISTER'S WEDDING

57 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I love that, by the way.

3500 is tight for that many guests. Perhaps you could save some more by going with white plates? I know you might not want to, but it would be cheaper, I think.

I'm now feeling a little sad that I've yet to have our wedding celebration. :crying:

You guys are soo cute!

I'm at like 2k already.

This is what I got:

Shepard's Hooks

Mason Jars

Buttons

Fake Flowers

Linens

Furniture Rental

Candy

Invites

RSVPs

Postage

Plates

Silverware

I need like 100lbs of apples still

Lace and Burlap for the centerpieces

THE DESSERTS

Cake

Oh yeah, 500 for the damn photographer.

Budget GONE!

oldlady.gif

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OO OO Burlap! You can get ROLLS of it from Canadian Tire. They prolly have it packed up but you might be able to whine your way into getting some. :D

Go to second hand stores for the mason jars. Prolly cheaper there.

buy BIG BOXES of different squares from COSTCO. There's no way you can make Naniamo bars that cheap!

Edited by NikiR

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Malaysia
Timeline

OO OO Burlap! You can get ROLLS of it from Canadian Tire. They prolly have it packed up but you might be able to whine your way into getting some. :D

buy BIG BOXES of different squares from COSTCO. There's no way you can make Naniamo bars that cheap!

oh #######. we forgot Niki is our resident retailing expert.....

(and stop calling yourself a bad mom)

oo oo check here for DIY stuff :D

http://theberry.com/category/diy-2/

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Timeline

What do you mean rolls but I have to ask for it?

Also, I don't think I can get mason jars any cheaper than I have.

I have:

(180) 8oz drink glasses

(12) 16oz decoration Jars

(12) 32oz for the shepards hooks

With Shipping is $200

It's the drink glasses. I couldn't find 180 at a thrift shop anyways.

And of course since I said thrift shop...

oo oo check here for DIY stuff :D

http://theberry.com/category/diy-2/

chocolate dipped pretzel sticks.

Gracias. I can make those.

Edited by KDH

oldlady.gif

What do you mean rolls but I have to ask for it?

chocolate dipped pretzel sticks.

Gracias. I can make those.

We sell burlap for trees in rolls at Canadian tire. http://www.canadiantire.ca/AST/browse/2/OutdoorLiving/Landscaping/GrassCollectionLandscapeFabrics/PRD~0591808P/Burlap+Wrap.jsp?locale=en

And if you like recipes on that site keep looking. They have a tonne that I've saved on the comp. Check out pin interest for that stuff too.

I'm using mason jars, but I picked an antique theme. Blush, off-white and gold.

Why green? Yikes.

I love a guy who looks like he could be on Criminal Minds as either an agent or a killer.

Timeline

We sell burlap for trees in rolls at Canadian tire. http://www.canadiantire.ca/AST/browse/2/OutdoorLiving/Landscaping/GrassCollectionLandscapeFabrics/PRD~0591808P/Burlap+Wrap.jsp?locale=en

And if you like recipes on that site keep looking. They have a tonne that I've saved on the comp. Check out pin interest for that stuff too.

omg that price is great!

oldlady.gif

i posted pics on page 2

its not yikes at all

I'm just not a huge fan of green. I like the centerpieces though. You seem to have everything in order. More so than my sister.

Etsy supplies has been a godsend for me in terms of decorations. Etsy itself is where I'm getting the bridesmaid gifts.

I love a guy who looks like he could be on Criminal Minds as either an agent or a killer.

Timeline

I'm just not a huge fan of green. I like the centerpieces though. You seem to have everything in order. More so than my sister.

Etsy supplies has been a godsend for me in terms of decorations. Etsy itself is where I'm getting the bridesmaid gifts.

i really did mean my sister is "special"

shes bipolar so we told her two years ago that we'd hande it all

she gets too overwhelmed

oldlady.gif