Seven

biometrics app trouble

8 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Spain
Timeline

Hello everyone!

Today (March 1st),I have received my notification for the biometrics appointment. They just have given it to me for March 21st at an inconvenient time because I CANNOT change something I have for medical school without failing by doing so. Since I have received the notice 18 days before it is, I have gone ahead and schedule an infopass with the Field Office of Cincinnati and will beg them if they can do it early (March 4th).

Has anyone tried to do that? Is that ok to try to do it early without "officially" re-schedule the appointment? and if so, will they let me? someone has had some success by doing so?

Thank you in advance! :)

Hello everyone!

Today (March 1st),I have received my notification for the biometrics appointment. They just have given it to me for March 21st at an inconvenient time because I CANNOT change something I have for medical school without failing by doing so. Since I have received the notice 18 days before it is, I have gone ahead and schedule an infopass with the Field Office of Cincinnati and will beg them if they can do it early (March 4th).

Has anyone tried to do that? Is that ok to try to do it early without "officially" re-schedule the appointment? and if so, will they let me? someone has had some success by doing so?

Thank you in advance! :)

Before going for your InfoPass appointment, please go for your biometrics. In California they are accepting Walk-ins if they are not very busy. Chances are they will assist you if you explain your situation to them.

please also wait for comments from some VJ senior members' comments.

good luck!

Filed: Timeline

As poster said above, try an early walk-in with your appointment notice in hand. If there's not many people, they might let you in, and do your fingerprints. If they send you home, then get in contact with USCIS and ask them for a new appointment date for a later date...good luck!

Filed: Country: Spain
Timeline

Thank you for your replies so far...But can't I use my Infopass as a walk-in to explain my situation? If they let me walk in I would say in the Infopass they would tell me ok you can do it today isn't it? or should I cancel the infopass. I don't know, I did it because that way, at least they see I have taken my time to set an appointment for it...

Thank you for your replies so far...But can't I use my Infopass as a walk-in to explain my situation? If they let me walk in I would say in the Infopass they would tell me ok you can do it today isn't it? or should I cancel the infopass. I don't know, I did it because that way, at least they see I have taken my time to set an appointment for it...

Just walk in and do your biometrics.

Met in Ormoc, Leyte, Philippines: 2007-05-17
Our son was born in Borongan, Eastern Samar, Philippines: 2009-04-01
Married in Borongan, Eastern Samar, Philippines: 2009-10-24
CR-1 Visa - California Service Center; Consulate - Manila, Philippines
I-130 mailed: 2010-04-13
I-130 NOA1: 2010-04-24
I-130 NOA2: 2010-09-30
NVC received case: 2010-10-14
Case Complete: 2010-12-01
Interview scheduled: 2010-12-06
Medical, St. Luke's, Manila: 2010-12-09 and 2010-12-10
Interview at US Embassy in Manila 8:30 AM: 2011-01-05 - Approved!
Visa delivered: 2011-01-08
CFO Seminar completed: 2011-01-10
My beloved wife Sol and my beautiful son Nathan arrive in the U.S. (POE San Francisco): 2011-01-26
Lifting Conditions - Vermont Service Center
Date mailed: 2012-11-01
Receipt date: 2012-11-05
NOA received: 2012-11-09
Biometrics letter received: 2012-11-16
Biometrics appointment date: 2012-12-10
Biometrics walk-in successful: 2012-11-20
Removal of Conditions approved date: 2013-04-27
10 year green card mailed: 2013-05-03
10 year green card received: 2013-05-06
Citizenship
N400 mailed: 2013-10-28
N400 delivered: 2013-10-31
NOA1: 2013-11-04
Biometrics: 2013-11-18
In Line: 2013-12-26
Interview scheduled: 2013-12-30
Interview: 2014-02-03

Oath ceremony queue: 2014-02-07

Oath ceremony: 2014-03-28 Sol is a U.S. citizen

Applied for expedited passport: 2014-04-01

Passport received, Priority Express: 2014-04-09 This is journey's end at last!

Naturalization certificate returned, Priority Mail: 2014-04-12

Passport card received, First Class: 2014-04-14

1457 days, I-130 mailed to passport in hand

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Anguilla
Timeline

Yup, just walk-in. And please arrive like 5 mins before their offices open. The earlier the better, and don't be pushy. They will let the appointments go before you and work you in. But the earlier you go, the better. Take your biometrics appt. sheet with you. That's what I did. I didn't even say anything or explain my situation. They noticed I was early and a walk-in and fit me in. Only volunteer information if they ask. Be nice, courteous and very respectful-:) works every time!

2 year Cond-GC anniv.: 07-15-12

I-751 mailed: 06-23-12

I-751rec'd: 06-25-12 @ 21:30 hrs

NOA dated 06-25-12

Check cashed: 06-26-12

Filed service request for non-receipt of biometrics appt: 07-30-12

Biometrics appt. notice received: 08-09-12

Biometrics appt. scheduled: 08-24-12

Biometrics taken (walk-in) 08-23-12

Approved: 02-19-13

Card Ordered: 02-21-13

Card Mailed: 02-25-13

Card Rec'd: 02-28-13

N-400 Filing window opens: 04-16-13

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

N-400 mailed: 04-16-13

N-400 received: 04-18-13

NOA Priority date(when they entered it into system) 04-18-13

Check cashed: 04-23-13

NOA Recv'd: 04-26-13

Biometrics: 05-13-13

Interview: 07-29-13 APPROVED

Oath: 09-25-13

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

You should be able to do a walk in appointment. Go on a day when you are available before the scheduled date, bring what is requested, explain that you have a conflict with the assigned appointment that you can't change without a great deal of trouble and expense and ask if they would be willing to let you do the biometrics at that time. They will probably say yes. If they say no, then you will just ask them to accept your request for another biometrics appointment because you are not going to be able to make the scheduled one. It shouldn't be a problem.

I had to reschedule a biometrics appointment I received two days before we were leaving for a Christmas vacation. The appointment was scheduled for the day before our return. I hand delivered my request for a different appointment date to the Application Support Center (didn't know I could request a walk-in!) and it was no problem. The biometrics was rescheduled for 3 weeks after the original date.

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.