Kasoma

AP - NAIROBI CONSULATE

19 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Uganda
Timeline

I have today sent in the documents to Nairobi consulate through DHL which I was asked to send.

When should I expect the feedback from those who have passed through the same.

How long do they take to review those documents?

Do they need to review the whole file again or only the documents asked?

We had planned our wedding to be on my fiancee's birthday which is 16th the coming month, will I have got the visa yet?

Thanks for your advice in advance

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Venezuela
Timeline

I have today sent in the documents to Nairobi consulate through DHL which I was asked to send.

When should I expect the feedback from those who have passed through the same.

How long do they take to review those documents?

Do they need to review the whole file again or only the documents asked?

We had planned our wedding to be on my fiancee's birthday which is 16th the coming month, will I have got the visa yet?

Thanks for your advice in advance

don't make any plans you can not undo.. ie deposits, reservations..

the file will be approved soon.. just be patient.. thats all you can do.. you are almost done!

K101/17/2012.....I-129F ..... sent to Dallas, Texas

01/25/2012.....NOA1 (text & email) ..... sent to Vermont Service Center

01/28/2012.....NOA1 Hard Copy in Mail

07/31/2012.....NOA2.. 188 days update@USCIS

08/03/2012.....NOA2.. Hard Copy

09/04/2012.....Sent Email to Caracas Embassy for Interview date.. they had not contacted her

09/05/2012.....Embassy response.. with interview date!!

10/17/2012.....INTERVIEW @Caracas Embassy!

10/17/2012.....INTERVIEW @Caracas Embassy... APPROVED!!

12/31/2012.....POE.. Miami, arrived to AUSTIN next day smile.png

02/16/2013.....Married!!

AOS - K1

05/06/2013.....I-465 & I-765 sent USPS priority mail

05/14/2013......Email, Text of Receiving package on 5/11

05/16/2013......Hard Copy of NOA1 received: I-465 and _I-765 Application for employment

05/20/2013...... Bio-metric hard-copy.
05/29/2013...... Biometric scheduled. . Austin office

07/15/2013...... EAD card arrived in mail today smile.png

10/20/2013...... Green Card approved! NOA hardcopy received!

10/31/2013...... Green Card Delivered!!

ROC-I-751
07/21/15 90 day Window Opens

07/24/15 I-751 Mailed to Cali. Service Center
09/03/15 Biometeric scheduled and completed

01/26/16 ROC Letter arrived
01/30/16 10 yr Green Card arrived

Timeline

I went through Nairobi embassy I did my interview and they asked for missing documents two of them and I sent them after sending them I sent an email to inquire if they received them and they replied that they have them. They will get back to me as soon as possible.

Today I have got a call from the embassy that my file is under Administrative Processing that they get back to me within a period of 90 days but this is a K1 file won't expire when still the process?

Secondly what is involved in this Process?

What are the chances of getting approved?

Are all files have to be put in that process?

Is there anything that i can do during this process?

Thanks Members.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

AP means additional processing so as mentioned above, they look at your file some more, maybe do name checks and security checks. If they don;t ask any additional documents of you, there is nothing you need to do, just wait.

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

NO one can tell you. It could take anything from a couple of weeks to a year.

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

I went through Nairobi embassy I did my interview and they asked for missing documents two of them

i.e Custody order for children and Single status letter from the government and I sent them after sending them I sent an email to inquire if they received them and they replied that they have them. They will get back to me as soon as possible then after a week I got a call from the embassy that my file is under Internal Mandatory Administrative Processing that they get back to me within a period of 90 days but this is a K1 file won't expire when still the process?

Secondly what is involved in this Process?

What are the chances of getting approved?

Are all files have to be put in that process?

Is there anything that i can do during this process to expedite it?

My fiancee is soon going for surgery (currently leaving a broken metal plate), would it help to email the embassy about the happening since its urgent and the person who has been assisting her got badly injured so my presence is important there.

Your advice is Urgently needed

Thanks Members.

Filed: Timeline

Basic answers:

Admin Processing is a background check or additional review. They are mandatory for people in or from certain countries. Theres nothing you specifically do except sit back and wait, and you have nothing to be concerned about if youre clean. (you never did anything wrong and no one with the same name never did anything wrong- if someone with the same name did, it might take a bit longer while they confirm it wasnt you)

You can not expedite it.

You can check the status of your visa here I believe- https://ceac.state.gov/CEAC/

As soon as you see youre out of AP go get your visa. Some people find it stressful to check, other people find it comforting to know they can check whenever they want instead of waiting for the embassy to contact them. I dont know which type of person you are.

Hopefully you dont get stuck in AP too long. You can search the forums for info about AP at the embassy you went through. Try typing administrative processing and the embassy name, or AP + the embassy. Maybe others have posted how long it took them to get in and out?

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

Can some one give me some light how long the Nairobi consulate takes to resolve cases placed in Administrative processing and what do they actually mean by "my case undergoing internal mandatory administrative processing".

At the time of interview they requested for some 2 documents which I sent after a week and half and they confirmed that they were received them and after like a week they called me and told me that my application has been put in AP.

What does that kind of AP mean and generally how long does it take with Nairobi consulate?

I will be grateful for your reply members.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Kenya
Timeline

Can some one give me some light how long the Nairobi consulate takes to resolve cases placed in Administrative processing and what do they actually mean by "my case undergoing internal mandatory administrative processing".

At the time of interview they requested for some 2 documents which I sent after a week and half and they confirmed that they were received them and after like a week they called me and told me that my application has been put in AP.

What does that kind of AP mean and generally how long does it take with Nairobi consulate?

I will be grateful for your reply members.

Hello, when was yr interview? what was the missing document? which visa type is this?

Timeline

It was a K1 and K2 visa and I had my interview on 14 January 2013

The missing Documents were:

Custody Order for my children and a Single Status Letter stating single and never married and I sent them and they confirmed to have received them but up to now my case is still under Administrative processing.

I thought it was a matter of verifying the requested documents from my government to confirm whether they are genuine but up to now nothing is changing.

Filed: IR-2 Country: Uganda
Timeline

It was a K1 and K2 visa and I had my interview on 14 January 2013

The missing Documents were:

Custody Order for my children and a Single Status Letter stating single and never married and I sent them and they confirmed to have received them but up to now my case is still under Administrative processing.

I thought it was a matter of verifying the requested documents from my government to confirm whether they are genuine but up to now nothing is changing.

Hi,

I have never experienced AP but a few friends have in Nairobi. The wait periods on average have been three months. Good luck as you wait.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.