Dan and Pat!

Difficulty with medical IR-1

10 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Thailand
Timeline

My stepson has a visa interview on February 27th.

Phurithat went in to get his physical done on the 18th and then followed up on 21st. Dr. Kasanee at BNH refuses to sign the paperwork because his vaccinations are incomplete. He has an appointment on March 5th to get them finished (it's the MMR) but the interview is on the 27th of February. They gave us a receipt and an appointment slip and said that this would be good enough for the visa appointment, that if there was any trouble the interviewer should call the hospital. I'm not convinced that this will work. Furthermore we have everything set up for Phurithat's father to be in BKK for the interview on the 27th. Can you give me any advice as to what to do?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

The visa will not be issued until the vaccines are complete. That does not mean a denial, that means once the documentation of the vaccines is complete, the visa wil be issued

good luck

USCIS
August 12, 2008 - petition sent
August 16, 2008 - NOA-1
February 10, 2009 - NOA-2
178 DAYS FROM NOA-1

NVC
February 13, 2009 - NVC case number assigned
March 12, 2009 - Case Complete
25 DAY TRIP THROUGH NVC

Medical
May 4, 2009

Interview
May, 26, 2009

POE - June 20, 2009 Toronto - Atlanta, GA

Removal of Conditions
Filed - April 14, 2011
Biometrics - June 2, 2011 (early)
Approval - November 9, 2011
209 DAY TRIP TO REMOVE CONDITIONS

Citizenship

April 29, 2013 - NOA1 for petition received

September 10, 2013 Interview - decision could not be made.

April 15, 2014 APPROVED. Wait for oath ceremony

Waited...

September 29, 2015 - sent letter to senator.

October 16, 2015 - US Citizen

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

Phurithat went in to get his physical done on the 18th and then followed up on 21st. Dr. Kasanee at BNH refuses to sign the paperwork because his vaccinations are incomplete. He has an appointment on March 5th to get them finished (it's the MMR) but the interview is on the 27th of February. They gave us a receipt and an appointment slip and said that this would be good enough for the visa appointment, that if there was any trouble the interviewer should call the hospital. I'm not convinced that this will work. Furthermore we have everything set up for Phurithat's father to be in BKK for the interview on the 27th. Can you give me any advice as to what to do?

Why couldn't he just get the shot on the 21st? I realize that for some vaccinations there is a series, but my wife just got the first shot in the series at her medical, and that was it.

You can click on the 'X' to the right to ignore this signature.

Timeline

Why couldn't he just get the shot on the 21st? I realize that for some vaccinations there is a series, but my wife just got the first shot in the series at her medical, and that was it.

Karee, I'm wondering the same thing. I'm having no luck getting my wife to push the doctor. Looks like I am going to have to do it myself. Wish I spoke better Thai because I can't seem to get straight answers out of BNH. Of course as you know you can no longer contact the embassy either. I'm exhausted by all of this.

Won't he just get a waiver? I know when Pui did this 2 years ago she never had any documentation she had from when she was kid. So she had to start the series all over again for MMR and tetanus. When she came to the US and did AOS she got the next series of shots for MMR and tetanus and I think there is a 3rd series but she got a waiver for that and she passed her AOS.

AOS Journey

11-04-2011 sent AOS to Chicago lockbox

11-07-2011 delivered

11-08-2011 Date on text messages but did not receive until 11-22-2011

11-23-2011 Check cashed.

11-25-2011 Hard copies of NOA1s

12-06-2012 Pui's Brother unexpectly passes away and we make an info pass appointment and receive an emergancy AP so she can return home. Pui leaves for Thailand for 2 weeks.

12-06-2012 Get a text message and email that she received an RFE

12-12-2012 RFE for original birth certificate. I swear we sent it along with a certificate translation of it.

12-20-2012 Pui returns from Thailand.

12-21-2012 We send the RFE back for with original birth certificate along with a new certificate of translation(I had to wait for her to return for her to sign)

12-26-2012 text and email they have received the RFE.

12-29-2012 Appointment for biometrics is 01-23-2012

01-13-2012 AP is approved.

01-23-2012 Biometrics appointment. Later during the evening the text and email saying the EAD is approved.

01-31-2012 EAD/AP combo card arrives.

05-22-2012 Email and text card is in production!

Timeline

I'm not sure, part of my problem is that I'm only getting what my wife translates, and she's unsure of all of the terminology and such. I have convinced her to go and see this doctor in person. We have to have the forms, I'm not wasting any more time, we are almost there.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

Karee is right in that people only have to get the first 3 shots on that day. In mine and my daughters cases we only had those and did the follow up in the USA. This never came up after I submitted the medical docs.

What they gave you should result in the visa. If so, do the follow ups later just remember they have to complete to register the child at most schools.

Simply go ahead with the interview especially because you have the bio father willing to be there. The visa will be issued anytime the basic medical requirment is met.

Timeline

I'm not sure, part of my problem is that I'm only getting what my wife translates, and she's unsure of all of the terminology and such. I have convinced her to go and see this doctor in person. We have to have the forms, I'm not wasting any more time, we are almost there.

Ask her to tell the good doctor to give her any forms required by the embassy to submit for the interview and are related to the fee she paid. If he wont do it tell him she will write a complaint to the embassy director and explain the doctors actions at the interview.

If she didnt have any docs to submit they wont issue the visa. In that case just send her to the other hospital. In the end she will have the docs she needs. As soon as she does she will be allowed to submit them with her passport for the issuance of the visa I would think.

She can buy a special pin number at any Thai post office that will allow her to call into the embassy X amount of times. Tell her to ask her questions in a general manner not specific to her case. For example- Can people interview if they dont have the complete medical docs?.

If you still have a communication problem with her about all this send me a P M.

Timeline

Ask her to tell the good doctor to give her any forms required by the embassy to submit for the interview and are related to the fee she paid. If he wont do it tell him she will write a complaint to the embassy director and explain the doctors actions at the interview.

If she didnt have any docs to submit they wont issue the visa. In that case just send her to the other hospital. In the end she will have the docs she needs. As soon as she does she will be allowed to submit them with her passport for the issuance of the visa I would think.

She can buy a special pin number at any Thai post office that will allow her to call into the embassy X amount of times. Tell her to ask her questions in a general manner not specific to her case. For example- Can people interview if they dont have the complete medical docs?.

If you still have a communication problem with her about all this send me a P M.

She went to the hospital on Tuesday 26th, Doctor refused to give her the forms without giving Pooh the second dose of MMR which takes 2 weeks. He and the staff at BNH were very rude to my wife and didn't like her pushing.

She went to the visa with Pooh's father, and they passed the interview but must wait for the medical forms to issue the visa. I'm ecstatic and livid.

Does anyone know the best way to get the forms back to the Embassy. They said put them in the mail I don't want to do that, time is an issue. Is the consulate drop box an option for this kind of thing?

Timeline

She went to the hospital on Tuesday 26th, Doctor refused to give her the forms without giving Pooh the second dose of MMR which takes 2 weeks. He and the staff at BNH were very rude to my wife and didn't like her pushing.

She went to the visa with Pooh's father, and they passed the interview but must wait for the medical forms to issue the visa. I'm ecstatic and livid.

Does anyone know the best way to get the forms back to the Embassy. They said put them in the mail I don't want to do that, time is an issue. Is the consulate drop box an option for this kind of thing?

This is the first I have heard of a doctor doing this but its Thailand and things dont go as smooth as they do here in the USA. I would file a complaint with the consulate section.

In our case the embassy allowed us to bring some later docs to them a few days after my interview. We were able to get them to the C O by sending them inside at the front gate. I would email and call them right now asking for instructions.

You both did a great job in getting the father to go to the interview. This is sometimes not easy to do or cant be done at all.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.