visa3310

What USPS mail type USCIS use to return I-485 aplication?

12 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

I recently applied for I-485 and due to incomplete application, USCIS has mailed back my application. Now i am having problem getting this mail because USPS came and i wasn't around and they do not redeliver mails second time (ridiculous) and i have no tracking number or what type of mail it is (is it package? is it registered mail or what? have no idea)

So i am asking from you guys that have received returned I-485 applications...what mail type did USCIS use to mail? I know it is USPS, but just need to know what type of mail..the USPS need the type of mail to help me find the mail.

Thanks..waiting for reply...very urgent...Thank you again

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Ghana
Timeline

Just walk in to USPS that serving your zip code with your tracking number to collect your mail. Call USCIS to collect your tracking number.

USPS usually leaves a note saying that they attempted a delivery but you weren't around to sign for it, and they also tell you where they are holding your package. Take that note to the post office.

Adjustment of Status from H-1B, Family-Based
07/26/2012 - 10/18/2012: 85 Days from Application Received to GC Received.
Removal of Conditions
07/22/2014 - 11/14/2014: 116 Days from Application Received to GC Received.
Naturalization
02/03/2016 - 05/31/2016 : 119 Days from Application Received to Oath Ceremony.

I am a United States citizen!

They send it very slow mail. How long ago did you receive the rejection notice?

AOS for my husband
8/17/10: INTERVIEW DAY (day 123) APPROVED!!

ROC:
5/23/12: Sent out package
2/06/13: APPROVED!

They send it very slow mail. How long ago did you receive the rejection notice?

The left a note...i signed the note saying they should redeliver it and leave it in front door...and this is the last time i saw a note...now unfortunately i didn't look for a tracking number or anything not even sure if there was a tracking number...and they i guess they came back picked up the note the following day...i called them and told them they took note and i see no package..and they said yes it possible they took the note and that they will redeliver following day from the note(they dont automatically redeliver next day) and now i still have no mail and i have no tracking number...i went to the local office and they said they cannot track it since i have no tracking number and even with my address, name and date of note...they still can't find it because they said they need to know the type of mail they used to send it.

So after 2 weeks and have gone to the local office like 6 times now...i have no mail and have no way to track anything.

Why i am asking what type of mail they use so i can tel USPS and they can look for it with my name and address

Now since they dropped a note..does that mean there is tracking number? Also my mail box is small so i am sure they couldnt leave it inside why they probably dropped the note. At this time i am just fraustrated and don't know what to do.

USCIS does not provide tracking number..called them several times.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Japan
Timeline

If you call USCIS they will give you the tracking number.

Day 0 - 2 May 2012 Mailed AOS package overnight delivery
Day 139 - 17 September 2012 Interview & APPROVED on the Spot!! :)
Day 145 - 23 September 2012 Received Green Card!

ROC - Eligible June 19 2014

Day 0 - 18 June 2014 Mailed ROC package via 2 day priority

Day 42 - 29 July 2014 Approval and Card Production Email

Day 49 - 5 August 2014 Received Green Card

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Japan
Timeline

That's really weird. They didn't say what type of mail they sent it in either?

Day 0 - 2 May 2012 Mailed AOS package overnight delivery
Day 139 - 17 September 2012 Interview & APPROVED on the Spot!! :)
Day 145 - 23 September 2012 Received Green Card!

ROC - Eligible June 19 2014

Day 0 - 18 June 2014 Mailed ROC package via 2 day priority

Day 42 - 29 July 2014 Approval and Card Production Email

Day 49 - 5 August 2014 Received Green Card

No that is why i am asking here...maybe someone received their application back n can tell me the type of mail/package they use

I sure hope they didn't leave the package as you instructed, and somebody walked off with it. Haven't you been able to talk to your regular mail carrier? This all sounds so unbelievably strange.

Knowing our government, it was probably sent parcel post or regular first class mail.

Edited by The Patriot

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.