justnew

Please Help me.

35 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

helo maam/sir

im a new in my k1 journey, im a filipino and an American citizen my fiancee is a filipina too, we have been together for almost 4 years now and went home last December 2011 to see her and been there till May2012.i just send my I-129F yesterday Feb 15.and i was reading forums in advance for the next step ill be going through but i have questions in mind.if we get approved in our I-129F and IF my fiancee will be going for an interview in Manila,Philippines. the problem is I havent oficially proposed to her yet but we have plans of getting married and both sign the intent to marry.how would that affect the interview?would they raise a red flag if she said I didnt proposed to her(like kneeling down or giving her a ring).

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

If you did not ask her to be married and or propose and filed for K-1, you have issues. If you both agreed to get married later and filed K1 with the required visit in 2 years you are good to go. Better check the particulars about the Philippines and immigration etc. and the P forum. I don't think a ring is mandatory but don't know about the embassy particulars. Official is what ever the government requires, not what society or your fiancee expects

In Arizona its hot hot hot.

http://www.uscis.gov/dateCalculator.html

Timeline

If you did not ask her to be married and or propose and filed for K-1, you have issues. If you both agreed to get married later and filed K1 with the required visit in 2 years you are good to go. Better check the particulars about the Philippines and immigration etc. and the P forum. I don't think a ring is mandatory but don't know about the embassy particulars. Official is what ever the government requires, not what society or your fiancee expects

thank u so much for the quick reply sir. We planned to do fiance visa to be together and get married during my stay in the Philippines Dec 2011- may 2012 but is that considered a proposal sir?. what if they ask her when did i proposed or something like that?im so worried about the next steps.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Colombia
Timeline

You cant get married there and apply for a fiance visa. A fiance visa is for the purpose of coming to the US and getting married.

And how you propose doesnt matter. If you both signed the letters of intent, that is your proposal if you didnt propose formally earlier. She accepted when she signed her letter of intent.

thank u so much for the quick reply sir. We planned to do fiance visa to be together and get married during my stay in the Philippines Dec 2011- may 2012 but is that considered a proposal sir?. what if they ask her when did i proposed or something like that?im so worried about the next steps.

Like the other poster replied, a K1 visa is for her to go to the US to be married. If you are married in the Philippines (as I was), then you would have to apply for a CR1. A CR1 will take longer than a K1 visa to process.

You must decide first which visa you want. Since you already mailed the I-129F, and if you want a K-1 visa, then you cannot marry in Philippines.

Good luck

Edited by Kevin_S

IR-1 Visa

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : Manila, Philippines

Married: 10 July 2010

I-130 NOA1 : 16 December 2011

I-130 NOA2 : 18 May 2012

Interview Date : 04 January 2013

Interview Result : Approved

Visa Received : 09 January 2013

CFO Seminar : 05 February 2013

US Entry : 14 March 2013

US Port of Entry: Dallas, Texas

Processing Time: Your I-130 was approved in 154 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 385 days from your I-130 NOA1 date.

Time from NOA1 until landing in the USA: 454 days

Timeline

You cant get married there and apply for a fiance visa. A fiance visa is for the purpose of coming to the US and getting married.

And how you propose doesnt matter. If you both signed the letters of intent, that is your proposal if you didnt propose formally earlier. She accepted when she signed her letter of intent.

thank u for ur concern.i Already have sent my I-129F yesterday sir. and we wanted to get married here in US. i read some sample questions for the interview. and one of them is when/where/how did i proposed to her? what if they asked her that question?.what would be the best asnwer?

Timeline

Like the other poster replied, a K1 visa is for her to go to the US to be married. If you are married in the Philippines (as I was), then you would have to apply for a CR1. A CR1 will take longer than a K1 visa to process.

You must decide first which visa you want. Since you already mailed the I-129F, and if you want a K-1 visa, then you cannot marry in Philippines.

Good luck

we already decided to marry here in US. but im worrying about the qestion in the inter view about.when/where/how did i proposed. we have plans of getting married but i didnt oficially kneel down and give her the ring. i wanted to do that when she is here already.im so worried about it.

Timeline

If you asked her to sign a letter of intent, you asked her to marry you. So just describe the circumstances of that.

when i was in the philippines we already agreed to get fiance visa and planned to get married her in US. is that considered a proposal sir?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

How did you come to the decision to fill out the I-129F? Did you say, "I'm filling out some papers, can you sign this one for me?"

If not, then you probably discussed getting married. That discussion would probably be considered the proposal.

ROC

3.6.2017     Mailed I-751

3.7.2017     NOA sent

3.23.2017   Biometrics Appointment

2.26.2018   I-751 Transferred to Local Office

3.5.2018     I-751 Received in Local Office

5.1.2018     Case Transferred; Preliminary Review Done; transferred to NBC in Lee's Summit, MO

5.3.2018     Case Transferred

7.24.2018   Joint interview approved

7.30.2018   Green Card received

Naturalization

3.15.2018   Filed N 400 Online

3.15.2018   USCIS sent the receipt

3.16.2018   USCIS sent biometrics letter

6.14.2018   Interview Notice sent

7.24.2018   Naturalization Interview; approved

9.26.2018   Oath Ceremony Scheduled

Timeline

when i was in the philippines we already agreed to get fiance visa and planned to get married her in US. is that considered a proposal sir?

If you both agreed to get married, then yes that is the proposal. All a proposal is, is an agreement to marriage. Doesnt matter how it happens, if you both agree then you are engaged.

Timeline

How did you come to the decision to fill out the I-129F? Did you say, "I'm filling out some papers, can you sign this one for me?"

If not, then you probably discussed getting married. That discussion would probably be considered the proposal.

we discussed about getting married and about our future.is that enough for a proposal?. thank u so much for the answers

Timeline

we already decided to marry here in US. but im worrying about the qestion in the inter view about.when/where/how did i proposed. we have plans of getting married but i didnt oficially kneel down and give her the ring. i wanted to do that when she is here already.im so worried about it.

A proposal doesnt have to be 'official' nor does it require you to give her a ring. A proposal is just an agreement to marriage.

Timeline

If you both agreed to get married, then yes that is the proposal. All a proposal is, is an agreement to marriage. Doesnt matter how it happens, if you both agree then you are engaged.

ok sir thank u so much for the help..im reall worried about that because i dont know if they needed an oficial proposal like kneeling down and having a ring on finger of my fiancee.i wanted to do that when she is here already but i cant tell her because i want it to be a surprise.i really apreciate the help sir. :thumbs:

Timeline

Its not really a surprise since she already knows she's getting married. Part of the surprise is not knowing you want to marry. It could still be a surprise but it wont have the same appeal as if you were doing it before agreeing to get married.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.