Barry2005

Interview on Tuesday.

22 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

I wanted to make her trip to Moscow as short as possible, but with a Tuesday interview could she do her medical on Saturday, Sunday, or Monday? Could she get her results the same day on Monday? Thanks in

advance.

Timeline

Good luck on your interview first off. But from what Galina told me she couldn't get her results until the following day. The one that she went to was open on Saturday. Depending on if the medical facility is open on Saturday it might be good to check and maybe you can get it done Saturday then get results on Monday. Galina's interview was on Monday and had to arrive to Moscow on Thursday. Then spend the whole weekend there. Which sucked for her but it's what has to be done

16/10/2006- Interview date- I'm nervous and my fiance is cool calm and collective. And she's the one that has to do the interview.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

The clinic my fiancee went to had her results the same day. Think it was MOM. She needed to make an appointment prior to going.

If at first you don't succeed, then sky diving is not for you.

Someone stole my dictionary. Now I am at a loss for words.

If Apple made a car, would it have windows?

Ban shredded cheese. Make America Grate Again .

Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day.  Deport him and you never have to feed him again.

I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.

I went bald but I kept my comb.  I just couldn't part with it.

My name is not Richard Edward but my friends still call me DickEd

If your pet has a bladder infection, urine trouble.

"Watch out where the huskies go, and don't you eat that yellow snow."

I fired myself from cleaning the house. I didn't like my attitude and I got caught drinking on the job.

My kid has A.D.D... and a couple of F's

Carrots improve your vision.  Alcohol doubles it.

A dung beetle walks into a bar and asks " Is this stool taken?"

Breaking news.  They're not making yardsticks any longer.

Hemorrhoids?  Shouldn't they be called Assteroids?

If life gives you melons, you might be dyslexic.

If you suck at playing the trumpet, that may be why.

Timeline

Last year when my fiancee at the time went through it there were two Clinics Medico gave the results the next morning and charged $ 100.00 MOM gave the results the same day and charged around $ 80.00. The people at Medico were nicer than the ones at MOM. I think both required an advance appointment.

12/14/2006 Applied for K-1 with request for Waver for Multiple filings within 2 years.
Waiting - Waiting - Waiting
3/6 Called NVC file sent to Washington for "Administrative Review" Told to call back every few weeks. 7/6 Called NVC, A/R is finished, case on way to Moscow. YAHOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
7/13 On Friday the 13th we see updated Moscow website with our interview on 9/11 (Hope we are not supersticious) 9/11 Visa Approved. Yahoo.
10/12 Tickets for her to America. I am flying to JFK to meet her there. 12/15/07 We are married. One year and a day after filling original K-1
12/27 Filed for AOS, EAD & AP 1/3 Received all three NOA-1's 1/22 Biometrics 2/27 EAD & AP received 4/12 Interview
5/19/08 RFE for physical that she should not have needed. 5/28 New physical ($ 250.00 wasted) 6/23 Green Card received
4/22/10 Filed for Removal of Contitions. 6/25 10 Year Green Card received Nov, 2014 Citizenship ceremony. Our journey is complete.

Timeline
Last year when my fiancee at the time went through it there were two Clinics Medico gave the results the next morning and charged $ 100.00 MOM gave the results the same day and charged around $ 80.00. The people at Medico were nicer than the ones at MOM. I think both required an advance appointment.

Maria called both MOM and AO Mediscina. MOM can do same day; AO you have to pick it up the next day.

The only Risk your financee now runs is IF there's goof, her interview will have to be rescheduled.

If insufficient time's not allowed, then you're betting on a 100% hit with no wiggle room for contingency plans.

If you have no extra time and no back up, then what happens is you accept the outcome of the Risk you've taken.

MOM for same day has had some goofs and caused some to have delays. You'll have to do a search on VJ to read about them; I don't know where to find them.

Don't mean to sound unsympathetic; it's just the reality.

I hope you get a 100% hit; most do, it seems; it appears a small percent do not.

All the best!

Larry and Maria

Timeline

My fiancee said MOM was the same day if you went before noon. If there is any danger of not having the results in time then I will tell her get to Moscow a little earlier to schedule a earlier appointment.

Timeline
My fiancee said MOM was the same day if you went before noon. If there is any danger of not having the results in time then I will tell her get to Moscow a little earlier to schedule a earlier appointment.

Yes, MOM gave same-day results in mid-August when Maria went.

However, after much discussion before and after we both arrived in Moscow and after my reading many posts about MOM screwing things up and the stress caused, we opted to do the following. Maria made appointments with BOTH just to cover the Risks. We had a backup plan. She loved AO. When we went back the next day to get the results, we took pics of the lady doing the exam and Maria.

One reason we concentrated on backup planning for the medical was we took the Risk of booking flights together back to the US because that's the way we wanted it. So one Risk we accepted [the possibility she'd have to fly later] and had a mitigation plan for the medical Risk.

We wish for you all goes very, very smoothly!

Larry and Maria

Timeline

Yes, MOM gave same-day results in mid-August when Maria went.

However, after much discussion before and after we both arrived in Moscow and after my reading many posts about MOM screwing things up and the stress caused, we opted to do the following. Maria made appointments with BOTH just to cover the Risks. We had a backup plan. She loved AO. When we went back the next day to get the results, we took pics of the lady doing the exam and Maria.

One reason we concentrated on backup planning for the medical was we took the Risk of booking flights together back to the US because that's the way we wanted it. So one Risk we accepted [the possibility she'd have to fly later] and had a mitigation plan for the medical Risk.

We wish for you all goes very, very smoothly!

Thanks. I was just looking at her scanned package from Moscow and saw AO Medicina is open on Sunday. She could get her results monday in time for the interview Tuesday. Is that risky?

Timeline

Crossing the street is risky, especially in Moscow.

A Sunday medical for a Tue interview sounds to me like it should be an acceptable risk.

12/14/2006 Applied for K-1 with request for Waver for Multiple filings within 2 years.
Waiting - Waiting - Waiting
3/6 Called NVC file sent to Washington for "Administrative Review" Told to call back every few weeks. 7/6 Called NVC, A/R is finished, case on way to Moscow. YAHOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
7/13 On Friday the 13th we see updated Moscow website with our interview on 9/11 (Hope we are not supersticious) 9/11 Visa Approved. Yahoo.
10/12 Tickets for her to America. I am flying to JFK to meet her there. 12/15/07 We are married. One year and a day after filling original K-1
12/27 Filed for AOS, EAD & AP 1/3 Received all three NOA-1's 1/22 Biometrics 2/27 EAD & AP received 4/12 Interview
5/19/08 RFE for physical that she should not have needed. 5/28 New physical ($ 250.00 wasted) 6/23 Green Card received
4/22/10 Filed for Removal of Contitions. 6/25 10 Year Green Card received Nov, 2014 Citizenship ceremony. Our journey is complete.

It is possible to go to Moscow at her leisure to get a medical, then return for the interview. The medical check is good for like 2 or 3 months or something like that. (?)

Another option is to have her go to Vladivostok (if close to Far East) to have the medical check.

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

I think you should do what your fiancee feels most comfortable with. That might require an extra day or two in Moscow, but so what. You don't want to create any other delays after you've waited this long. Get her to Moscow a little earlier and relax. She has to return home after the interview anyway and then she'll be getting prepared to pack and come to your arms. What could be better. Think how much she's going to love that you want to take such good care of her.

Timeline
I was just looking at her scanned package from Moscow and saw AO Medicina is open on Sunday. She could get her results monday in time for the interview Tuesday. Is that risky?
We did a MOM appointment on Friday with the interview on a Monday morning. We went there for same day results and better price. It turned out fine.
The medical check is good for like 2 or 3 months or something like that. (?)
In terms of AOS, the medical is good for one year.

Timeline

It takes her 13 hours by train to reach Moscow. So I will let her dicide: a few extra nights in Moscow or two trips. I know I don't want her to fly Since Russia has had 3 passenger jet crashes this year! (last time I heard a few months ago)

Timeline
It takes her 13 hours by train to reach Moscow. So I will let her dicide: a few extra nights in Moscow or two trips. I know I don't want her to fly Since Russia has had 3 passenger jet crashes this year! (last time I heard a few months ago)

If YOU went to visit her today would you fly from Moscow or take the train?

If at first you don't succeed, then sky diving is not for you.

Someone stole my dictionary. Now I am at a loss for words.

If Apple made a car, would it have windows?

Ban shredded cheese. Make America Grate Again .

Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day.  Deport him and you never have to feed him again.

I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.

I went bald but I kept my comb.  I just couldn't part with it.

My name is not Richard Edward but my friends still call me DickEd

If your pet has a bladder infection, urine trouble.

"Watch out where the huskies go, and don't you eat that yellow snow."

I fired myself from cleaning the house. I didn't like my attitude and I got caught drinking on the job.

My kid has A.D.D... and a couple of F's

Carrots improve your vision.  Alcohol doubles it.

A dung beetle walks into a bar and asks " Is this stool taken?"

Breaking news.  They're not making yardsticks any longer.

Hemorrhoids?  Shouldn't they be called Assteroids?

If life gives you melons, you might be dyslexic.

If you suck at playing the trumpet, that may be why.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.