almaty

Men Girdles

25 posts in this topic

TOKYO (Reuters) - As Japanese waistlines expand, so is the market for girdles -- for men.

A new line of male underwear that flattens the stomach and lifts the hips proved so popular when introduced on a trial basis last month that some stores quickly sold out.

"Men are getting so much more fashion conscious these days that they're starting to pay attention to the lines of their body and their silhouette, just like women," said a spokeswoman at Triumph International Japan, a leading underwear firm.

Triumph marketed two different types of "long girdle" -- one from the navel to the knees, and the other a "hip hugger" version to be worn with low-waisted pants.

Both sold so well that it plans to raise production and develop new variations, including a version for summer wear.

Other firms intend to launch similar products, according to business daily Nihon Keizai Shimbun. One even plans to start selling underwear that lifts and shapes the upper body as well.

One factor behind the boom, which has made the girdles popular not only among middle-aged men but also those in their 20s and 30s, is likely to be a growing weight problem among once slim Japanese.

According to a Health Ministry report issued last month, some 29 percent of men aged 20-60 are overweight compared with 24 percent in 2000.

The Triumph spokeswoman, however, said most of the demand is due to new styles in pants that are cut to emphasize the hips. "It's really more about style," she said. "After all, there aren't that many men in their 20s and 30s whose figures are giving way."

Peace to All creatures great and small............................................

But when we turn to the Hebrew literature, we do not find such jokes about the donkey. Rather the animal is known for its strength and its loyalty to its master (Genesis 49:14; Numbers 22:30).

Peppi_drinking_beer.jpg

my burro, bosco ..enjoying a beer in almaty

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...st&id=10835

:blink: Well, I guess that's better than seeing all the men who have massive a massive beer belly but still manage to fit into size 32's by wearing them realllyyyy low.

Naturalization

=======================================

02/02/2015 - Filed Dallas lockbox. Atlanta office.

02/13/2015 - NOA received

03/10/2015 - Biometrics

03/12/2015 - In-Line for Interview

04/09/2015 - E-notification for Interview Letter

05/18/2015 - Interview - passed!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

whatever is good for the ladies should be good for the guys...................... my man does not need a girdle :lol:

I hope he would say the same about me :blush:

Ni neart go cur le cheile

"Togetherness is Strength"

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Ireland
Timeline

After our weekend in Raleigh, I may have to go looking for one of those girdles...I'm not joking!! :P

03.04.2009......Posted I-130 to U.S. Embassy

03.04.2009......Ordered Police Certificate for Visa Purposes from Local Garda Office (ordered over the phone)

03.05.2009......I-130 received at Embassy

03.06.2009......Received Police Cert

03.18.2009......I-130 Approved

09.10.2009......Medical Exam

09.23.2009......Embassy receives Notice of Readiness

10.13.2009......Received our interview date

10.29.2009......Successful interview!

11.5.2009........Visa received in post

11.7.2009........All the family flew to the US together :)

12.20.2009......Received Welcome to America letter

12.24.2009......10 year Greencard received in the mail

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline
After our weekend in Raleigh, I may have to go looking for one of those girdles...I'm not joking!! :P

Then again-I ate so much in Boston last weekend and I won't even mention how many pints of bulmers I consumed :whistle:

I may need one yet!!!!

Ni neart go cur le cheile

"Togetherness is Strength"

:lol::lol:

Peace to All creatures great and small............................................

But when we turn to the Hebrew literature, we do not find such jokes about the donkey. Rather the animal is known for its strength and its loyalty to its master (Genesis 49:14; Numbers 22:30).

Peppi_drinking_beer.jpg

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Reminds me of the Seinfeld episode where Cramer invites the Bra...for George's Father....

7-3-06 GREEN CARD ARRIVES IN MAIL!!!! Done for two years!!!!!!

I am here to help, even if it's just to offer my shoulder to cry or vent on... We are all in this together.!

My answers are based on personal experience, not fact.

We are on this rollercoaster ride together holding on for dear life.

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
Reminds me of the Seinfeld episode where Cramer invites the Bra...for George's Father....

the "Bro" or "Manssiere" :lol:

:lol: I was trying to find a picture of it and I stumbled onto this funny site that has a bunch of the stupid stuff from Seinfeld :lol:

Kramerica

Edited by MarilynP
mvSuprise-hug.gif

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

the "Bro" or "Manssiere" :lol:

:lol: I was trying to find a picture of it and I stumbled onto this funny site that has a bunch of the stupid stuff from Seinfeld :lol:

I thought it was called the Manssiere, :lol:

Kramer Rocks!!!

7-3-06 GREEN CARD ARRIVES IN MAIL!!!! Done for two years!!!!!!

I am here to help, even if it's just to offer my shoulder to cry or vent on... We are all in this together.!

My answers are based on personal experience, not fact.

We are on this rollercoaster ride together holding on for dear life.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

:thumbs:

great idea! When can US men get them?

Heading Home!

Naturalization

Feb 28/2011 - sent paperwork

Mar 3/11 - received text & email notification - they have it!

Mar 15/11 - text, email, and notice sent - biometrics booked

April 12/11 - biometrics done - I start studying

May - get the letter

June 27 - Interview and oath ceremony - same day

Lifting Conditions

Feb 5/08 - Sent paperwork by USPS - priority

Feb 14/08 - NOA issued

Feb 28/08 - Biometrics letter received for The Bronx Office - have to reschedule

Mar 22/08 - Biometrics rescheduled - LOVE the Saturday appointment!

Feb ?/09 - done!

I'M HIGHLY OPINIONATED WHEN I WANT TO BE, BUT I NEVER SAID I WAS RIGHT

:thumbs:

great idea! When can US men get them?

:o:o:o

Peppi_drinking_beer.jpg

you are telling me karo...i had many a sad experiences with women in girdles in high school.. :angry:

Peppi_drinking_beer.jpg