GODISGOODWally

Visa Denied

51 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Haiti
Timeline

You are so right....And sometime what can we say.....Just put it in God hands everything happen for a reason....If you are going to be approve you will if not u will not so....Lost of words....God Bless you...

Thank you and don't give up because God has not given up on you just look at it as a little delay. Get your thoughts together and go from there. Am pretty sure you can appeal it, I hope the more experience Visa Journey Family can help and give their opinions on some steps you would be able to take. God Bless You as well

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Hi sis, Im so sorry to hear that. Sis, Just asked what are the reasons why you denied and review everything your documents. I know what your felt. Just be strong and keep believe in GOD and the power of his will.

Godbless you

maybe because you got married and you filed a K1...

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Haiti
Timeline

Oh I'm so sorry to hear :( I will be praying that your next step is successful...

To see a more detailed journey schedule, please see the About Me page and my Timeline.

Our K1 Process

June 7, 2012 -- Sent I-129F to June 9, 2013 -- Religious & Civil Wedding Ceremony in CT

FROM I-129f NOA1 to VISA APPROVAL: Exactly 8 months! No RFEs

Our AOS Process

July 16, 2013 -- Mailed AOS, EAD, and AP Paperwork to December 21, 2013 -- Received GC Card in the Mail!

FROM NOA1 to GREEN CARD in Hand: Exactly 4 months 27 days! No Interview or RFEs.

Our ROC Process

September 21, 2015 -- Mailed ROC Paperwork to August 6, 2016 -- Received Card in the Mail!

FROM NOA1 to GREEN CARD in Hand: Exactly 10 months 10 days! No Interview or RFEs.

Our {His} N-400 Process

Eligible to Apply for Citizenship on September 14, 2016.

October 4, 2016 -- Mailed N-400 Paperwork.

November 8, 2016 -- Completed Biometrics.

May 6, 2017 -- Received Interview Letter in the Mail.

June 8, 2017 -- Interview Passed!

June 16, 2017 -- Oath Ceremony! He is a USC!!

FROM Application to CITIZENSHIP: Exactly 8 months 13 days! No RFEs.

== I am the Petitioner/Sponsor/Citizen Spouse ==

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ivory Coast
Timeline

sorry about your encounter, I think u can get an immigration lawyer to help u appeal it, because reason for denial is that because u are there, so u should get married, that is wrong, your fiance gave the reason why u want to marry in USA. in some embassies, u can go there and request to talk to senior consular and tell him this is reason for denial, and that u want to marry in USA because u want family to be there. he may do another interview and decide to grant visa.

Google online to find an immigration lawyer, most of them advertising that u can call for free consultation or question, tell the lawyer what the problem is and reason for denial and ask if he can help u, maybe he has helped other people with the same problem before.

also I think money transcripts or showing CO that u sent fiance money means that fiance is interested in your money, not you. I know another couple who show CO he sent 4000usd to fiancee and was denied k1. maybe that is training for COs. for me, I remove all conversations about money before printing for CO evidence.

good luck.

Timeline

Just be strong! There was something wrong about the interview that your fiance's answers made the CO felt that one might be using the other one(with all due respect). the gestures, the confidence... When filing for spouse visa, be more cautious like make a hotel reservation under both of your names. Good luck!

Filed: Timeline

Yes we had money transfer receipts..he has a 9 and 8 year old..

She was surprise that he spoke english

she asked him where did he learn english he said in haiti

She aske him how many times did she visit you

he said 5 in DR and 1 time in haiti

she ask him how many kids i have

and there age...he said my son was 10 instead of 11

he ask about his kids where do they live

they ask him do he talk to my family he said yes on the phone

they asked why didnt we get married.. he said I want to marry with my family there.

they ask him what do he do for a living.. he answer them..

They asked him for his date of birth.

HE said he speak with my kids through skype..

I am sorry to hear you were denied. The US Embassy in Haiti is very tough trust me I know. However the money transfers may have been a red flag. I did not present any western union receipts at the interview. I didn't even mention sending money to him. Didn't want them to think negative about the relationship.

Is there a age gap between you and your fiancé?

Edited by Barbie_Vazquez

Timeline

I included one money transfer receipt and there is an age gap between me and my husband (of course fiance when I filed). We were together two years the day of his interview and I lived in Haiti for the majority of those two years...ample time for us to get married in Haiti. So, I don't think it's any of that. My observations from the many hours we waited at the embassy in Haiti is that, in the COs mind, you are denied until you can prove you should be approved. In other words, one slip up and it's over. I saw it happen to several people the day I was there. GodisGoodWally mentioned her fiance got the age of her child wrong...a simple mistake, but that's enough for a denial. What did you say when he got the age wrong? Maybe if you said nothing, that triggered something in the COs mind, because if my fiance got the age of my child wrong (if I had one), interview or not, I'd give him the side eye, and re-ask the question myself. I'm not saying the process is right or wrong...it it what it is. I tried to emphasize the importance of getting every single detail right to my fiance, and he thought I was overreacting -- until the day we had our interview. The look of panic in his eyes when he realized a simple mistake could get the visa denied was enough to make me make sure it didn't get denied. He didn't answer a question correctly because he didn't understand it, and I jumped in and said wait a minute, he's forgetting blah blah blah, and then my fiance was like, oh yeah, I did forget that. I have another friend, who had a similar experience. Her husband got their tentative wedding date wrong, and she spoke up and said something, and scolded her fiance in front of the CO for getting the date wrong, and the CO was like, ok I know this is real; you guys are approved. I'm also convinced they're watching your body language in the waiting room and when you're called up for the interview.

So my advice to Haiti fiance's and fiancee's is prep your partner very well, and if you're at the interview, speak up. That doesn't guarantee an approval, but don't leave anything on the table at the interview. That's your one and only chance, so put it all out there. Be confident and don't feel intimidated. Be nice and pleasant, but don't let them walk over you either. You have a right to be treated fairly and for them to objectively consider the evidence you presented.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

OP, first thing on Monday, contact your U.S. Congressman's office, speak with the "immigration liaison" staffer, and do everything possible to keep your file at the embassy until the Congressman's office can file an inquiry. This might not achieve anything, but then again it might.

I remember our own K1 denial last year. I had feelings in me that I haven't had in all my life and I pray I never had them again.
Change the bolded words to "221g + Stokes interview in 2008," and you've nailed it here, Brother Gowon.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Timeline

I am sorry to hear you were denied. The US Embassy in Haiti is very tough trust me I know. However the money transfers may have been a red flag. I did not present any western union receipts at the interview. I didn't even mention sending money to him. Didn't want them to think negative about the relationship.

Is there a age gap between you and your fiancé?

he was born in 79 and i am 73

Timeline

OP, first thing on Monday, contact your U.S. Congressman's office, speak with the "immigration liaison" staffer, and do everything possible to keep your file at the embassy until the Congressman's office can file an inquiry. This might not achieve anything, but then again it might.Change the bolded words to "221g + Stokes interview in 2008," and you've nailed it here, Brother Gowon.

Where would I find that information..

Timeline

I included one money transfer receipt and there is an age gap between me and my husband (of course fiance when I filed). We were together two years the day of his interview and I lived in Haiti for the majority of those two years...ample time for us to get married in Haiti. So, I don't think it's any of that. My observations from the many hours we waited at the embassy in Haiti is that, in the COs mind, you are denied until you can prove you should be approved. In other words, one slip up and it's over. I saw it happen to several people the day I was there. GodisGoodWally mentioned her fiance got the age of her child wrong...a simple mistake, but that's enough for a denial. What did you say when he got the age wrong? Maybe if you said nothing, that triggered something in the COs mind, because if my fiance got the age of my child wrong (if I had one), interview or not, I'd give him the side eye, and re-ask the question myself. I'm not saying the process is right or wrong...it it what it is. I tried to emphasize the importance of getting every single detail right to my fiance, and he thought I was overreacting -- until the day we had our interview. The look of panic in his eyes when he realized a simple mistake could get the visa denied was enough to make me make sure it didn't get denied. He didn't answer a question correctly because he didn't understand it, and I jumped in and said wait a minute, he's forgetting blah blah blah, and then my fiance was like, oh yeah, I did forget that. I have another friend, who had a similar experience. Her husband got their tentative wedding date wrong, and she spoke up and said something, and scolded her fiance in front of the CO for getting the date wrong, and the CO was like, ok I know this is real; you guys are approved. I'm also convinced they're watching your body language in the waiting room and when you're called up for the interview.

So my advice to Haiti fiance's and fiancee's is prep your partner very well, and if you're at the interview, speak up. That doesn't guarantee an approval, but don't leave anything on the table at the interview. That's your one and only chance, so put it all out there. Be confident and don't feel intimidated. Be nice and pleasant, but don't let them walk over you either. You have a right to be treated fairly and for them to objectively consider the evidence you presented.

We question each other for 2 days straight before the interview...plus over the phone and through chat for months...On the day of the interview we sworn in she had him seat down and she question me first. Then after she had me seat down and question him I was close to him to hear the question that was being ask of him..I wanted to go up but I was afaid she would call security..because that was a lot of that going on. All I can say is everything happen for a reason..I know I have good relationship with my fiance and we love eachother...And our relationship is real...Like I said earlier on one of the post. I know in my heart, mind and soul I love him and he loves me. I will marry him anyway

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.