GODISGOODWally

Visa Denied

51 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

So sorry to hear. You both need to go over the questions you were asked and review the answers to see if that was the problem.

K1
VSC NOA1 --- March 8, 2012
NOA2 --- October 11, 2012
Visa Approved --- December 17, 2012
POE --- December 22, 2012

AOS
AOS/EAD/AP NOA1 --- March 4, 2013
Biometrics --- April 3, 2013

EAD/AP received --- May 16, 2013

AOS Interview --- August 9, 2013

GC in production --- August 9, 2013

GC received --- August 17, 2013

N400

Approved May, 2018

Oath May, 2018

I130 - Nebraska SC

NOA1 - August 30, 2018

Case approved - August 28, 2019

NVC -

Interview -

I am the USC who brought my fiancé here on a K1,  who's now a USC and is now filing for his mother - whose case just got approved :)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Haiti
Timeline

May be they found out something about him that you are unaware of. Sorry to hear about your denial after everything you have gone through. (F) (F)

If that is the case should they have say something. I think we where denied for reason I can not explain only the CO knows...

Timeline

So sorry to hear. You both need to go over the questions you were asked and review the answers to see if that was the problem.

I was next to him when he was asked question...He said everything correctly..

Timeline

So sorry to hear that. From what I understand, getting married doesn't automatically solve the problem if they don't believe you have a bona fide relationship. And with the little details you provided, it seems like maybe they don't believe the relationship is real. Why else wouldn't they be able to issue the visa? Can you provide a few more details on your interview? Who interviewed you at the embassy? Was it a man or woman?

I have been with my fiance for about 2 years. I visit him every 2 to 4 months...I talked with him everyday through phone or facebook..How could our relationship be not real..

She asked a lot of question..

How we meet..

How many kids i have

do i speak to my kids father

how do we communicate.

where do i work

what do i do.

where was i born.

why i am not sending for his kids now.

what do i do on my free time.

how many kids do he have

do they live with him or there mother

It was a woman who did the interview.

I know in my heart, mind and soul I have a real relationship with my fiance...I know God see my heart and his heart. I love him and he loves me.

Timeline

Did you have any money transfer receipts? It seems that you had alot of evidence, but we just don't know. We can only guess at this point why you were denied. Just out of curiosity what questions was asked to him, and what was his answers? How many kids does he have, and what are the ages? I notice they asked if the kids live with him or the mom?

Edited by dhaiti20

Filed: Timeline

I have been with my fiance for about 2 years. I visit him every 2 to 4 months...I talked with him everyday through phone or facebook..How could our relationship be not real..

She asked a lot of question..

How we meet..

How many kids i have

do i speak to my kids father

how do we communicate.

where do i work

what do i do.

where was i born.

why i am not sending for his kids now.

what do i do on my free time.

how many kids do he have

do they live with him or there mother

It was a woman who did the interview.

I know in my heart, mind and soul I have a real relationship with my fiance...I know God see my heart and his heart. I love him and he loves me.

And that's unfortunately what I find wrong with the system.

The whimsical thoughts of the CO needs to be removed. If that is doen and they rely strictly on the evidence then we should see less of this heartbreaks that we pay to get.

I remember our own K1 denial last year. I had feelings in me that I haven't had in all my life and I pray I never had them again. My frustration was how can the CO who spent all of 15 minutes interviewing my Fiancee have that much power over our life.

You need to write exactly what the denial letter says so that others can guide you on your next steps.

We married two months after our denial and I already have NOA1 for the I-130 so you might want to consider that.

I'm truly sorry. Stay close to your Fiance because he'll need you more than before now. It's not a nice feeling.

Timeline

And that's unfortunately what I find wrong with the system.

The whimsical thoughts of the CO needs to be removed. If that is doen and they rely strictly on the evidence then we should see less of this heartbreaks that we pay to get.

I remember our own K1 denial last year. I had feelings in me that I haven't had in all my life and I pray I never had them again. My frustration was how can the CO who spent all of 15 minutes interviewing my Fiancee have that much power over our life.

You need to write exactly what the denial letter says so that others can guide you on your next steps.

We married two months after our denial and I already have NOA1 for the I-130 so you might want to consider that.

I'm truly sorry. Stay close to your Fiance because he'll need you more than before now. It's not a nice feeling.

Thank you so much for those kind words...May God Bless You..I will stay close to him now more than ever.I will marry him soon to...

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

Since you have visited him so often, maybe they were wondering why you didn't marry on one of your trips especially considering the benefits of having a spousal visa versus a fiance visa. I guess from their perspective there is a greater risk of using the k1 visa just to enter the US than it is with a cr1 because of the "legal bounding" of marriage - not a guaranty, just more likely. Only the two of you know the truth about your relationship and if it is what you believe it to be, all will be well. Get married and go for the cr1.

Staying strong and patient in love and faith!

http://ghanaspouse.blogspot.com/

Timeline

Did you have any money transfer receipts? It seems that you had alot of evidence, but we just don't know. We can only guess at this point why you were denied. Just out of curiosity what questions was asked to him, and what was his answers? How many kids does he have, and what are the ages? I notice they asked if the kids live with him or the mom?

Yes we had money transfer receipts..he has a 9 and 8 year old..

She was surprise that he spoke english

she asked him where did he learn english he said in haiti

She aske him how many times did she visit you

he said 5 in DR and 1 time in haiti

she ask him how many kids i have

and there age...he said my son was 10 instead of 11

he ask about his kids where do they live

they ask him do he talk to my family he said yes on the phone

they asked why didnt we get married.. he said I want to marry with my family there.

they ask him what do he do for a living.. he answer them..

They asked him for his date of birth.

HE said he speak with my kids through skype..

Edited by GODISGOODWally

Timeline

Since you have visited him so often, maybe they were wondering why you didn't marry on one of your trips especially considering the benefits of having a spousal visa versus a fiance visa. I guess from their perspective there is a greater risk of using the k1 visa just to enter the US than it is with a cr1 because of the "legal bounding" of marriage - not a guaranty, just more likely. Only the two of you know the truth about your relationship and if it is what you believe it to be, all will be well. Get married and go for the cr1.

Timeline

I will take that route...I will marry him any way...I love him and he love me..Thank you so much for your kind words...God Bless

I don't understand why there is not more uniformity in these interviews. When my wife had hers I was not there as they won't let me in anyway but her interview was with a man. She said he was smiling and asked her only one question. And woman interviewing the woman next to her was nasty from the get go and told he no and she was immediately reduced to tears.

Maybe it is difference in countries, maybe interviewers are all different personalities, maybe they go by hunches learned from experience ?

Timeline

I don't understand why there is not more uniformity in these interviews. When my wife had hers I was not there as they won't let me in anyway but her interview was with a man. She said he was smiling and asked her only one question. And woman interviewing the woman next to her was nasty from the get go and told he no and she was immediately reduced to tears.

Maybe it is difference in countries, maybe interviewers are all different personalities, maybe they go by hunches learned from experience ?

I Believe so...

I believe so..

Timeline

It really saddens me to see that CO Officers has so much control over the lives of people destin to be together. They view your documentation, and interview you sometimes only for 5-10 minutes, and just like that decides that a person only wants you for a visa. Many of us are limited from seeing are love one for months, because it becomes very costly. Then to get so far and be denied is like a kick in the stomach. I know many has said to marry and apply for a spousal visa (More Money), but isn't the same interview that needs to take place as well. The CO Officers still has the upper hand to deny or approve the visa. We have an upcoming interview this month, and I know am just soooooooooooo worry at this point, because it seems that our lives are in the hand of a CO Officers and what ever mood swing there in that day. SCARY

Edited by dhaiti20

Timeline

It really saddens me to see that CO Officers has so much control over the lives of people destin to be together. They view your documentation, and interview you sometimes only for 5-10 minutes, and just like that decides that a person only wants you for a visa. Many of us are limited from seeing are love one for months, because it becomes very costly. Then to get so far and be denied is like a kick in the stomach. I know many has sad to marry and apply for a spousal visa (More Money), but isn't the same interview that needs to take place as well. The CO Officers still has the upper hand to deny or approve the visa. We have an upcoming interview this month, and I know am just soooooooooooo worry at this point, because it seems that our lives are in the hand of a CO Officers and what ever mood swing there in that day. SCARY

You are so right....And sometime what can we say.....Just put it in God hands everything happen for a reason....If you are going to be approve you will if not u will not so....Lost of words....God Bless you...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.