The Mean Lady

No More Mail on Saturdays

36 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

To give UPS credit, when your packages arrive abroad, it will ultimately be delivered by UPS...when you mail USPS to lets say....a lesser developed country, the USPS package falls under the mercy of the local postal service. do you trust their postal service to reliably deliver it?

That is what UPS would like you to believe, yet it is not always the case. For Fedex, it is even less so. Usually, courier services within the country make the actual deliveries, the farther you get away from the larger cities. Fedex lately has been relying on the local postal people, when the courier services turn out to be even less reliable.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

To give UPS credit, when your packages arrive abroad, it will ultimately be delivered by UPS...when you mail USPS to lets say....a lesser developed country, the USPS package falls under the mercy of the local postal service. do you trust their postal service to reliably deliver it?

Canada Post? Oh yes.

I don't trust UPS with anything.

They've lost multiple booths resulting in clients w/no displays at trade shows.

We've had to reproduce them overnight for thousands of dollars and then when they find the package 2 weeks later, the only thing they'll pay for is free shipping.

oldlady.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Malaysia
Timeline

That is what UPS would like you to believe, yet it is not always the case. For Fedex, it is even less so. Usually, courier services within the country make the actual deliveries, the farther you get away from the larger cities. Fedex lately has been relying on the local postal people, when the courier services turn out to be even less reliable.

True dat. I was thinking more like more developed countries in that sense...

bad comparison on my behalf

Timeline

For Canada, it's either delivered by Canada Post or purolator.

When fedex delivers here, they deliver it.

But they also charge a 16 dollar deliver fee.

Even though i'm shipping with them to begin with.

THAT makes no sense to me.

oldlady.gif

Timeline

Canada Post? Oh yes.

I don't trust UPS with anything.

They've lost multiple booths resulting in clients w/no displays at trade shows.

We've had to reproduce them overnight for thousands of dollars and then when they find the package 2 weeks later, the only thing they'll pay for is free shipping.

Canada post you can trust. but theres only 1 canada dear...

Timeline

I'm the logistics manager of my company.

We don't ship USPS ANYWHERE for that.

Shipping to Canada? Goes Fedex for small shipment.

Shipping to Dubai? Goes AIT freight.

Want to use your own fedex number?

Fine, but that's on you. Enjoy the 2k dollar return charge.

Shipping to UK? Fedex okay for UK.

Want to ship UPS? Not on our number.

Take your chances NOT MY PROBLEM.

Fedex pissed me off the other day though.

Took my (2) ground packages and separated them.

Delivered (1) on time on Tuesday.

Kept the other behind and delivered yesterday (now late)

Client had half a booth and wants a refund now.

Totally not my fault!

oldlady.gif

Timeline

lol what does "a half a booth" mean ? is that Canuck? I imagine it means "####### fit"

No.

Half of a booth.

Half of a tradeshow booth.

10-Pop-Up-Booth.jpg

Packs in two cases similar to these

$%28KGrHqJ,!hwE-z9rY2KfBPtR39%28H,w~~60_35.JPG

The dude said 'we'll make do with what we received' which is hilarious because you can't make do with one of those cases.

It's physically NOT possible.

He would have only (2) of the (4) graphics that make up the backwall :rofl:

Dis is what i do!

Twinings_1.jpg

oldlady.gif

Timeline

oh cool, its got wheels...

OK now I get it lol

Cool

That's why UPS is ridiculous.

Because we get charged this extra 30 dollar fee everytime we ship these cases that we ship ALL of the time.

Actually, our cases look like this:

lt-550_euro_lt_case.jpg

Anyways, if you're bored and want to look at exhibits, you can take a look at our flickr:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/61626021@N05/

There are some fun ones.

oldlady.gif

Timeline

I'll definitely look at the link later thanks. working right now...

I have a little experience with logistics...but more like developing sound delivery systems to third world countries...of larger materials.

Edited by SteveAndTiff

Timeline

I'll definitely look at the link later thanks. working right now...

I have a little experience with logistics...but more like developing sound delivery systems to third world countries...of larger materials.

The biggest shipment we make consistently has 12 pieces

Of course the shipping system only allows for 10.

Crate 49 X 54 X 103 1000 LBS

Crate 42 X 48 X 40 500 LBS

Crate 40 X 58 X 57 500 LBS

Crate 58 X 98 X 20 350 LBS

Crate 46 X 60 X 56 500 LBS

When this thing moves... it moves...

Pickin 'er up tomorrow.