Kiwan

k 1 visa refusal

38 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

BE PATIENT and wait for specific guideance from them. Take it step by step and try to do exactly what they request.

Best of Luck!

[size="2"][font="Tahoma"][b]Worth The Wait
[/b][/font][/size]
[font="Tahoma"][size="2"][color="#ff0000"]Our Visa Journey
[/color][/size][size="2"][color="#000080"]I-129F Sent 5/6/11
I-129F NOA1 Received 5/11/11
I-129F RFE Received 9/8/11
I-129F RFE Returned 9/23/11
I-129F NOA2 Received 11/17/11
NVC Received from USCIS 11/21/11
NVC Sent to Embassy 11/25/11
Embassy Received 12/2/11
Packet 3.5 Received 12/8/11
Packet 3.5 Returned 12/22/11
Packet 4 Received 1/13/12
Medical Date 1/19/12
Interview Date 2/23/2012
Administrative Review 2/24/2012
Visa Issued 4/30/2012
Visa Received 5/4/2012[/color][/size][/font]
[font="Tahoma"][size="2"][color="#000080"]POE Washington DC 5/21/2012[/color][/size][/font]
[font="Tahoma"][size="2"][color="#000080"]Married 5/30/2012[/color][/size][/font]

[font="Tahoma"][size="2"][color="#ff0000"]Adjustment of Status (AOS) Journey [/color][/size][/font]
[font="Tahoma"][size="2"][color="#000080"]Packet including: I-485, I-765 and I-131 sent 11/7/2012[/color][/size][/font]
[font="Tahoma"][size="2"][color="#000080"]Biometrics Completed: 12/18/2012[/color][/size][/font]
[font="Tahoma"][size="2"][color="#000080"]EAD/AP Approved: 1/17/2013[/color][/size][/font]
[font="Tahoma"][size="2"][color="#000080"]EAD/AP Combo Card Received: 1/22/2013[/color][/size][/font]

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

we r not thinkin to hire lawyer yet.but after sh talk embassy and my passport arive with any document or with out .we r just goin to take lawyer opinion wat thy say about it.

Salam Brother,

This has happened to a few other individuals here on VJ. From what I know, she has got to get a job and prove that she can support you when you arrive. She has to meet the minimum requirement. However, even after that you will face a period of AP, how long is dependant specifically on your case. There are no two ways around these issues. That stands true for the K-1 Visa.

If you do go ahead and get married, you are absolutely right, it can and probably will take 1 - 2 years or perhaps even a little longer to get a Visa if you gauge on how long others Visa's have taken for their husbands.

The real question is what is more feasible for you and your loved one to accomplish? That is a decision that is between you and her that none of us can help you answer.

Best of Luck to you!

[size="2"][font="Tahoma"][b]Worth The Wait
[/b][/font][/size]
[font="Tahoma"][size="2"][color="#ff0000"]Our Visa Journey
[/color][/size][size="2"][color="#000080"]I-129F Sent 5/6/11
I-129F NOA1 Received 5/11/11
I-129F RFE Received 9/8/11
I-129F RFE Returned 9/23/11
I-129F NOA2 Received 11/17/11
NVC Received from USCIS 11/21/11
NVC Sent to Embassy 11/25/11
Embassy Received 12/2/11
Packet 3.5 Received 12/8/11
Packet 3.5 Returned 12/22/11
Packet 4 Received 1/13/12
Medical Date 1/19/12
Interview Date 2/23/2012
Administrative Review 2/24/2012
Visa Issued 4/30/2012
Visa Received 5/4/2012[/color][/size][/font]
[font="Tahoma"][size="2"][color="#000080"]POE Washington DC 5/21/2012[/color][/size][/font]
[font="Tahoma"][size="2"][color="#000080"]Married 5/30/2012[/color][/size][/font]

[font="Tahoma"][size="2"][color="#ff0000"]Adjustment of Status (AOS) Journey [/color][/size][/font]
[font="Tahoma"][size="2"][color="#000080"]Packet including: I-485, I-765 and I-131 sent 11/7/2012[/color][/size][/font]
[font="Tahoma"][size="2"][color="#000080"]Biometrics Completed: 12/18/2012[/color][/size][/font]
[font="Tahoma"][size="2"][color="#000080"]EAD/AP Approved: 1/17/2013[/color][/size][/font]
[font="Tahoma"][size="2"][color="#000080"]EAD/AP Combo Card Received: 1/22/2013[/color][/size][/font]

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Salam Brother,

This has happened to a few other individuals here on VJ. From what I know, she has got to get a job and prove that she can support you when you arrive. She has to meet the minimum requirement. However, even after that you will face a period of AP, how long is dependant specifically on your case. There are no two ways around these issues. That stands true for the K-1 Visa.

If you do go ahead and get married, you are absolutely right, it can and probably will take 1 - 2 years or perhaps even a little longer to get a Visa if you gauge on how long others Visa's have taken for their husbands.

The real question is what is more feasible for you and your loved one to accomplish? That is a decision that is between you and her that none of us can help you answer.

Best of Luck to you!

thnx bro foe u time.

in the ens of interview officer gave me a blue sheet but he dint return my passport and still today nw it has been 40 days thy hav my passport .thy out us on ap last status was updated on 26 feb.i m goin to send socical security papers tht officer asked to me to.evn we send but he sais we dont hav it.u think so its a good sign when thy kept ur pasport or this woild b a short AP.

she got a job 2 days ago and she started the work even she can work 40 hours in week 8$ per hour.

i am hopin tht evrthing went fine. Do u hav ajy idea is social security effect on case.cos its a money tht she work pass years in a factory.she dnt take any publuc charge.

what u suggest us to talk a lawyer will b help full and we should wait and see .

we dnt want to go for marrige visa cos its lenghty as u knw allready .so we decided to careywith K1 visa.

Timeline

BE PATIENT and wait for specific guideance from them. Take it step by step and try to do exactly what they request.

Best of Luck!

Ya may b u right we hav no option untill we should wait.but u knw wait nevr easy

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Poland
Timeline

on 31 feb 2013 i being refuse for a k1 visa in iterview putting charge senction 212(a)(4)bcome a public charge.as my fincee dont hav job but she get paid every month from the govemenet that worked she did past years not taking the benifits,she also had the joint sponser to meet the requirments.but consular officer told me tht joint sponser only for marriage visa not for k1 visa.plz tell me wat would we do.thanx

so while you were filling out that form i129f your fiancee wasnt working? so in a question about her present job she said " unemployed"???

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

to get marry we need to resubmit new case and it will take 2,3 year to get visa,she hav own house over there,what if she did the gurrente of her house and property that if i ever found to become a public charge she allow the govement to her house .u think this kind of gurrentee paper will b work out?

Consulates do not have to accept assets or co-sponsors. Either way you need to start over. either a K-1 again with her having a better job OR get married and do a CR-1 which avoids the consulate handling the financial information altogether and turns it over to NVC.

Primary residences are not usually accepted as an asset, if you sell them they have to be replaced. Assets must be property which can be sold within 1 year without a damaging affect on the family.

She needs to get a job and re-file the I-129f or you need to get married and file an I-130.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Timeline

so while you were filling out that form i129f your fiancee wasnt working? so in a question about her present job she said " unemployed"???

yes she was not workin when we filed.thts y with her social security papers her close friend become a co sponser.

Timeline

Consulates do not have to accept assets or co-sponsors. Either way you need to start over. either a K-1 again with her having a better job OR get married and do a CR-1 which avoids the consulate handling the financial information altogether and turns it over to NVC.

Primary residences are not usually accepted as an asset, if you sell them they have to be replaced. Assets must be property which can be sold within 1 year without a damaging affect on the family.

She needs to get a job and re-file the I-129f or you need to get married and file an I-130.

i m in AP after the day of interview 31 march 2013 officer asked me of social security papers tht i am goin to send in few days.thy hav my passport its about 40 days thty dint send me back,yes u r right she need a job.she get the job but its 8$ per hour .and only can work 40 hours a week,tht i dint come to meeet requirment,she need another job alos tht she is lookin.yes u right thy wont accpet house as assets .

i m in AP.so i think after 3 or 4 months later we provide thm pay stubps.

thanx for ur time lookin fwd

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.