9 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Papua New Guinea
Timeline

We are filing an AOS for a K1 visa and I had a question about the I693 form. The instructions for the AOS process from Visa Journey, located here http://www.visajourney.com/content/k1k3aos, state that an I-693 form must be submitted, but in the instructions for submitting an I693 located here,http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/i-693instr.pdf, it states on page 4 > Section III > 2. that you do not have to have a medical, but you have to have proof of vaccinations.

My questions are:

How can you go about getting proof of the vaccinations?

If you cannot obtain proof, do you have to get the complete physical again or just the vaccination part completed?

I-129F NOA1 : 2012-03-26

I-129F RFE(s) : n/a!

I-129F NOA2 : 2012-09-20

NVC Case reception: soon ;)

"Everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved." -Romans 10:13

"The righteous shall inherit the land and dwell upon it forever.: -Psalm 37:29

Filed: P-1 Visa Country: Myanmar
Timeline

Dear,

I was in the same situation as you are right now. So i had to repeat all of the vaccinations and have your medical exam done again. It would be a bit problematic for you. But you would have to do it.

Regards,

Adjustment of Status from K1 Visa.

02/08/2013: AOS Package Mailed (Day 0)
02/11/2013: AOS Package Received (Day 3)
02/15/2013: Received NOA texts/emails (Day 7)
02/18/2013: Received NOA by mail (Day 10)
02/20/2013: Received Biometric Appointment letter (Day 12)
03/15/2013: Completed Biometrics (Day 36)
03/21/2013: Status Updated to Testing and Interview (Day 42)
04/01/2013: Received an Email as notice for Interview scheduled for "8th May".
04/02/2013: Received the hard copy of notice for Interview scheduled for "8th May".

05/08/2013: Interview done, Approved "Alham'Dullilah".

05/08/2013: Email notification for card production and approval of Green Card.

05/13/2013: Received Welcome to USA letter in mail.

05/16/2013: Green Card Received.

04/11/2013: EAD's status changed to "Card Production" notified via an e-mail.
04/11/2013: AP's status changed to Post Decision Activity (Approved) notified via an e-mail.
04/16/2013: Second email notification regarding the production of EAD Card.
04/18/2013: EAD has been mailed to my address. Notified via an e-mail.
04/18/2013: Tracking number for the shipment including EAD received via an e-mail.
04/20/2013: Received EAD Combo Card.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

If you took your medical exam within 1 year, then all you need to do is go to a Civil Surgeon and either transcribe existing vaccinations on to the sheet, or get new ones administered to meet the requirements. Only Part 1 and Part 5 of the form need to be filled out in this case. The civil surgeon will sign off on the form and it will then be sealed in an envelope and given to you to include in your AOS application.

If it has been more than 12 months since you got your medical exam, I imagine you would have to do the whole form over. Perhaps quite pricey ($200-$300?)

K1

06/11/12 - I-129F Sent

06/21/12 - I-129F NOA1

08/29/12 - I-129F NOA2

09/07/12 - NVC Received

10/04/12 - Packet 3 received in US

10/23/12 - Interview - (Juarez Consulate) APPROVED

11/14/12 - POE, Chicago Midway

11/20/12 - Married

I-485 AOS

01/28/13 - Submitted I-485, I-765 to Chicago via USPS Express

01/29/13 - USPS Delivery Confirmation

02/03/13 - Email/Text Acceptance Notification

02/04/13 - $1070 USCIS Transaction Cleared

02/06/13 - Received NOA1 for I-485 and I-765 in mail

02/11/13 - Received Biometrics appointment, set for March 4th.

03/04/13 - Biometrics complete

04/01/13 - EAD Card production ordered according to USCIS case check

04/04/13 - EAD Card Received

02/20/14 - Put in a service request with USCIS. No update on Case Status online since June 2013 (Address change). Still in Initial Review.

02/28/14 - Contact Congressman Randy Hultgrens office to investigate delay

03/06/14 - USCIS Case online changed to reflect Green Card is in production

I-751 ROC

03/07/16 - I-751 received

04/06/16 - Biometrics complete

??/??/?? - Received work authorisation, lost form :(

09/01/16 - Got I-551 stamp in passport to travel to europe, only given 6 months

Timeline

If you took your medical exam within 1 year, then all you need to do is go to a Civil Surgeon and either transcribe existing vaccinations on to the sheet, or get new ones administered to meet the requirements. Only Part 1 and Part 5 of the form need to be filled out in this case. The civil surgeon will sign off on the form and it will then be sealed in an envelope and given to you to include in your AOS application.

If it has been more than 12 months since you got your medical exam, I imagine you would have to do the whole form over. Perhaps quite pricey ($200-$300?)

Thanks!

All we had to do was have the Civil Surgeon transcribe the current ones and pay for one more and we were good to go with the sealed I-693.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Indonesia
Timeline

Thanks!

All we had to do was have the Civil Surgeon transcribe the current ones and pay for one more and we were good to go with the sealed I-693.

Make sure to call the Civil Surgeon on your are who are willing to just transcribe your vaccination record. Many Civil Surgeon will charge you another medical examination to complete that I-693.

Check this thread,

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/231026-civil-surgeons-who-dont-rip-you-off/

Super confused. Since the OP is a K-1 visa, can't you just submit the DS-3025 if the medical exam is within 1 year? This assume the the certificate is complete and does not have any follow up vaccinations. I am filing the AOS as well and want to get a confirmation?

1/18/2013 - Married

3/5/2013 - Filed AOS, EAD & AP

3/7/2013 - USCIS Chicago rec'd applications

3/12/2013 - USCIS sends NOA1 email

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Peru
Timeline

We didn't have a DS-3025 at all, she wasn't given one at the medical. So we didn't file it with our AOS. We just did the vaccination supplement which is all that we needed I think. (Somebody please correct me if I am wrong)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Super confused. Since the OP is a K-1 visa, can't you just submit the DS-3025 if the medical exam is within 1 year? This assume the the certificate is complete and does not have any follow up vaccinations. I am filing the AOS as well and want to get a confirmation?

Yes, if you had all the required vaccinations at the time of your K-1 medical and everything was filled out properly on your DS-3025, all you need to do is send in a copy of the DS-3025. You can skip the civil surgeon.

We didn't have a DS-3025 at all, she wasn't given one at the medical. So we didn't file it with our AOS. We just did the vaccination supplement which is all that we needed I think. (Somebody please correct me if I am wrong)

The instructions state you need page 1 and the vaccinations page(page 5 I think) filled out by the civil surgeon. Page 1 is where the civil surgeon signs off on the form. No medical needed.

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Timeline

Make sure to call the Civil Surgeon on your are who are willing to just transcribe your vaccination record. Many Civil Surgeon will charge you another medical examination to complete that I-693.

Check this thread,

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/231026-civil-surgeons-who-dont-rip-you-off/

You're right! I called many civil surgeons and they all wanted to complete the entire exam again charging $200-$400!

Luckily we found one who was willing to transcribe the vaccinations she already had and completed the remaining one. Thank the Lord!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.