Holly2234

How long did it take to learn to drive?

53 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

"My husband tried to teach me to drive stick. I cried and we haven't tried again."

Ha ... for years I've had a manual transmission for my vehicle for two reasons: 1) much more fun to drive and 2) hardly anyone asks to borrow my truck because they can't drive it

Family car is automatic though - just kinda a boring ride.

PS: how do you quote a previous comment in a reply? I can't seem to figure out how y'all doing it.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline

"My husband tried to teach me to drive stick. I cried and we haven't tried again."

PS: how do you quote a previous comment in a reply? I can't seem to figure out how y'all doing it.

Reply button is right, but be sure to remove the parts of the copied message that aren't relative to your response--or just be very brief if it is loooooonnnnnnngggg and wordy.

One of the reasons that I, personally, prefer a manual transmission (stick) is because it reduces the theft incidence. Your average gutter rat can't drive it to steal it.

For my husband, the transmission has already become almost second nature with him. It is traffic of any kind that gets him nervous. He only wants to stay in a tranquil neighborhood and never cross a 4-lane street. I know it takes time, but every day this belly gets closer to the steering wheel and I am more and more nervous that I won't be able to drive at all near the end of the pregnancy. I don't want to have to take him and the new mini-me to the grocery store the day that the baby is born because I can finally get behind the wheel again and we haven't been anywhere in x-number of weeks.

Perú's K-1 embassy packet can be viewed in our photos.
Travel Tips for Perú (& South America)
Our Immigration Experience
Seat Guru Flight seating!
Airport Processing Times - http://awt.cbp.gov/
POE-Houston? Pictures and info.....POE-Houston (other languages)....

Attention NEW K-1 Filers: (2012) Possible 1st year costs = Possibly 3K+$ for first year including fees for mailing, documents, supplies, etc.. NOT including travel costs. Process: 1.)Apply-340$ 2.)RFE? 3.) Med-300??$ 4.)Interview-350$ 5.)Surrender passport. 6.)Get Visa. 7.)Fly here. 8.) Marry in 90 days. 9.) Submit apps to stay, work, & travel-1070$ 10.) Biometrics-More fingerprinting 11.) GREENCARD ISSUED APR 9TH, 2013-11 MONTHS FOR AOS!
I've lived in Houston for 10 years. If you have any questions about the city, please message me. :)

• 1 month later...

So from reading the thread below and using the search, i cant find many people who tell us how long it actually took from getting into the driving seat for the first time to passing the road test. Whether you are a foreign spouse or a USC, how long did it take you? As in how many hours?

I am about to start taking professional driving lessons (nobody to teach me) at $60 an hour :help: so i am curious to know how long it took others. I will only be able to learn for 1 hour a week at that price, possibly two some weeks if work is good!

So, how long did it take? Tips and experiences are also very welcome!

It took me 5 days for 2 hrs each. 55$ per hour. It is money well spent.

It took me 5 days for 2 hrs each. 55$ per hour. It is money well spent.

Thanks :) I have started learning and its pretty slow what with doing it only once a week but im definitely getting there and feeling a lot better for having started!

CR-1
07-01-2011 : Married

05-10-2012 : I-130 Mailed to London (DCF)
05-11-2012 : I-130 Delivered and signed for at Embassy
05-18-2012 : NOA1 Email
07-26-2012 : NOA2 (69 days)
07-28-2012 : NOA2 hard copy received
08-10-2012 : LND Case number received. Letter dated 08-07-2012
08-15-2012 : DS-230 and DS-2001 mailed to Embassy
08-23-2012 : Medical
09-14-2012 : Emailed Embassy and confirmed DS forms have finally been logged (After 29 days)
09-22-2012 : Interview letter received. Dated September 19th.
10-03-2012 : Interview - Approved!
NOA1 to Interview - 138 days.
10-10-2012 : Passport with Visa delivered two hours late at 8pm.
10-22-2012 : POE Philadelphia
11-15-2012 : Green Card received in mail
12-11-2012 : Went to the Social Security office to apply for SSN after it did not arrive.
12-15-2012 : SSN Arrived in 4 days.

05-09-2013 : Left USC Husband.
11-28-2013: Filed for divorce.

05-01-2014: Divorced

05-08-2014: Sent I-751 petition to VSC

05-13-2014: NOA1 (was not postmarked until 5/22/14 and received on 5/24/14)
06-18-2014: Biometrics in St. Albans, VT

11-21-2014: RFE. Received on 11/24/14.

01-22-2015: Interview notice mailed out. Received 1/26/15

02-12-2015: Interview in St Albans, VT - Approved during interview!

CRBA
08-16-2012 : CRBA in London for our daughter - Approved!
09-11-2012 : CRBA and Passport arrived.
09-25-2012 : SSN Arrived. Mailed from MD on 09-17-2012

• 1 month later...

I've been teaching my wife how to drive for 3 years. Either she is retarded...or brilliant(because as long as she doesn't have a license, she gets chaffeured around by me)...

LOL! I wanna be a brilliant wife too.. :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.