ridley

Canadian Birth Certificate Question

17 posts in this topic

City: Texas Hill Country Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

My fiance is ordering his birth certificate in Saskatchewan Health. The choices he has are:

Small Certificate (9.5 cm x 6.4 cm)

* Contains the individual’s full name, date of birth, place of birth, sex, registration number and registration date.

* View Sample of a Small Birth Certificate

Frame Certificate (21.6 cm x 17.8 cm)

* Contains the individual’s full name, date of birth, place of birth, sex, registration number and registration date as well as the parents’ full names and their province/state or country of birth.

* View Sample of a Frame Birth Certificate

Certified Photocopy of Birth Registration (21.5 cm x 35.4 cm)

* Contains all of the information that appears on the original birth registration.

Genealogical Photocopy of Registration (21.5 cm x 35.4 cm)

* Contains all of the information that appears on the original birth registration. The document is stamped "FOR GENEALOGY ONLY."

The process of elimination would tell me that he needs either the "frame certificate" or the "certified photocopy of birth registration." Which of these is the certificate that everyone refers to as the "long form"?

Conditions Removed! Ten-year green card received 6/24/2009. No more USCIS for a very long time.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

It would be the Frame Certificate :yes:

Both parents names have to be on it.

PEGGY & ROGER

3dflagsdotcom_canad_2fawm.gif3dflagsdotcom_usa_2fawm.gif

K-1/K-2 VISA'S APPROVED IN MONTREAL MAY 2, 2005

K-1/K-2 AOS APPROVED IN ATLANTA MAY 17, 2006

10 year GC Approved - APRIL 16th ,2009 - Peggy and Jonathan's......

Still waiting for our cards...Had to file I-90 as they sent them to the wrong address.

March 9th, 2010, Received GC that has been lost in the mail for 10 months. Still waiting for my son's that is lost as well.

Filed Waiver for my son's 10 year GC and it was approved. He finally received his GC after its been missing for 2 years.

Thanking God this is over for 10 years.

Since the "frame certificate" mentions having everything including the parents names, I would think that would be the same as a long form. BUT if you look at the "dimensions" of the Certified copy in that description, they are technically "longer" - ie long form

Maybe somebody else knows more about Saskatchewan certs.

Since the "frame certificate" mentions having everything including the parents names, I would think that would be the same as a long form. BUT if you look at the "dimensions" of the Certified copy in that description, they are technically "longer" - ie long form

Maybe somebody else knows more about Saskatchewan certs.

AHA!! If you click the PDF link for the actual application, they have a checkbox that says

"certified photocopy of registration $50 Long Form"

Married 12-30-05

Started our visa journey Jan 06.

01-06 - I-130, K3 shortly after

04-06 - switched to Canada Immigration

07-06 - Moved to Canada (PR almost complete)

07-06 - Changed again, back to US imm.

09-06 - Landed as Canadian PR

10-06 - DCF Toronto, Approved in 1.5 hrs!

11-06 - Interview Montreal (success!)

I-130

10-05-06 DCF in Toronto - Approved

10-19-06 Packet 3 received & sent back

10-20-06 Montreal receives P3

11-03-06 Packet 4 received

11-06-06 Medical

11-22-06 Interview / Visa approved

11-26-06 heading home, 6 day drive, my oh my

HOME SWEET HOME

10.24.08 - Mailed I-751 to CSC

Delivered at 9:03 AM on October 25, 2008

10.29.08 NOA1

10.30.08 Check cashed

12.06.08 Biometrics Appt.

12.19.08 Received new Drivers License extended to 2011

03.12.09 Received CONGRATULATIONS letter - Card on the way!!

03.20.09 Received his SHINY new card. WOO HOOOOOOO

YAY!! We can take a break from this madness until Citizenship.

City: Texas Hill Country Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Thanks! We both think it's the frame certificate, but I'll wait a little longer to see if anyone else thinks differently.

Conditions Removed! Ten-year green card received 6/24/2009. No more USCIS for a very long time.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Im from SASK. and its the frame one!! SASK is fast as well, I faxed them my info and had it in a week!!

Edited by flames9

Canadians Visiting the USA while undergoing the visa process, my free advice:

1) Always tell the TRUTH. never lie to the POE officer

2) Be confident in ur replies

3) keep ur response short and to the point, don't tell ur life story!!

4) look the POE officer in the eye when speaking to them. They are looking for people lieing and have been trained to find them!

5) Pack light! No job resumes with you

6) Bring ties to Canada (letter from employer when ur expected back at work, lease, etc etc)

7) Always be polite, being rude isn't going to get ya anywhere, and could make things worse!!

8) Have a plan in case u do get denied (be polite) It wont harm ur visa application if ur denied,that is if ur polite and didn't lie! Refer to #1

• 2 years later...

I applied online for a long birth certificate January 28th. I am Canadian, but living in NZ and heading for the USA. I faxed them the following day, as they asked me to supply a guarantor, and that is the last time I heard. There doesn't appear to be any way to contact them by email.

I've heard nothing at all from them. The check status feature always shows the same info, so nothing. I am sure hoping I haven't got to get up in the middle of the night here and ring these people, that could get quite expensive.

Have I cause for concern after this long?

I can explain it to you. But I can't understand it for you.

Timeline

I didn't have to submit my Canadian birth certificate as I am the sponsor (but born in Canada).

I thought that the Certified Photocopy of Birth Registration would be the one that USCIS would want - but anyway, many here seem to have had success with the full size 'frame' copy.

I had to get the Certified Photocopy one to document my U.S. citizenhip - personally I would recommend you go ahead and get the certified copy of the the Birth Registration - it is a really nifty document with your parents signatures etc - so aside from the whole immigration thing - it's a really nice thing to have. :)

Cdneh, which province were you born in/applied to?

Edited by trailmix

I didn't have to submit my Canadian birth certificate as I am the sponsor (but born in Canada).

I thought that the Certified Photocopy of Birth Registration would be the one that USCIS would want - but anyway, many here seem to have had success with the full size 'frame' copy.

I had to get the Certified Photocopy one to document my U.S. citizenhip - personally I would recommend you go ahead and get the certified copy of the the Birth Registration - it is a really nifty document with your parents signatures etc - so aside from the whole immigration thing - it's a really nice thing to have. :)

Cdneh, which province were you born in/applied to?

Born in and applied to Ontario. I am starting to wonder if I ought to be worried...not that I haven't got heaps of other bits of paper to track down to worry me!

If you can check the status on-line, can you not send an email asking what's going on with your request? Ontario has probably 15 million people in it, so I'm sure your request is going to take longer than say Saskatchewan (are they at 1 million people in the province yet?? :blink: ). I'd send them some type of on-line correspondence and see how they respond. If not, I'd wait another few weeks as it probably takes 6-8 weeks normally.

carlahmsb4.gif

Thanks! We both think it's the frame certificate, but I'll wait a little longer to see if anyone else thinks differently.

I'm from Saskatchewan. Last year I ordered the Certified Original thinking that's what I needed...don't know what I was thinking. I'm adopted, and they won't give that out to me of course. So they sent me the framed one, with a covering letter in case someone at the consulate asked me about it. They didn't ask me about it at all. I've used the framed one for all forms of Birth identification during this journey. Always remember though to submit photocopies and bring the original (or certified copy of the original) to interviews etc.

carlahmsb4.gif

If you can check the status on-line, can you not send an email asking what's going on with your request? Ontario has probably 15 million people in it, so I'm sure your request is going to take longer than say Saskatchewan (are they at 1 million people in the province yet?? :blink: ). I'd send them some type of on-line correspondence and see how they respond. If not, I'd wait another few weeks as it probably takes 6-8 weeks normally.

I'd LOVE to send them some email asking what's up, but they don't appear to have an email address for contact on the website.

The only thing I can find after searching that website into the corners is a solitary phone number. If I get stuck on hold with someone for ages it will work out cheaper to fly there and ask in person.

Timeline

I'd LOVE to send them some email asking what's up, but they don't appear to have an email address for contact on the website.

The only thing I can find after searching that website into the corners is a solitary phone number. If I get stuck on hold with someone for ages it will work out cheaper to fly there and ask in person.

:lol:

I'll call and ask them how long it should reasonably take, what is their phone number?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.