Leo&Farah

Filing within 90 day window

6 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Malaysia
Timeline

Hey guys,

My citizenship application window opens up this March 2013. Hubby and I are buying our first house (yay!) and want to use that money for contingencies instead and file later. My question is: Is it like the removal of conditions where you have a 90 day window to file before the 3rd anniversary of your conditional green card date or can I file citizenship whenever I want after the 3 years?

I'm just worried not doing it immediately might cause problems because up to this date, we have been prompt about everything. Guess I'm just superstitious after 4 years of the immigration process.

N-400 Stuff:
07/02/16 : N-400 sent

07/11/16 : NOA1

07/28/16 : Biometrics

04/03/17: Interview (approved)

04/14/17: Judicial oath ceremony

Filed: Country: Monaco
Timeline

Hey guys,

My citizenship application window opens up this March 2013. Hubby and I are buying our first house (yay!) and want to use that money for contingencies instead and file later. My question is: Is it like the removal of conditions where you have a 90 day window to file before the 3rd anniversary of your conditional green card date or can I file citizenship whenever I want after the 3 years?

I'm just worried not doing it immediately might cause problems because up to this date, we have been prompt about everything. Guess I'm just superstitious after 4 years of the immigration process.

You can file at any time, once you become eligible; or never. There is no requirement that you undergo naturalization; there is no deadline. It is up to you, when you are good and ready!

Congrats for the new house!!!

200px-FSM_Logo.svg.png

www.ffrf.org

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Malaysia
Timeline

Thanks guys!

That is awesome news! More breathing room for us in our new home.

N-400 Stuff:
07/02/16 : N-400 sent

07/11/16 : NOA1

07/28/16 : Biometrics

04/03/17: Interview (approved)

04/14/17: Judicial oath ceremony

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Thanks guys!

That is awesome news! More breathing room for us in our new home.

Did anyone ever receive their ten year green card within that 90 day window for the I-751 when filing exactly 90 days before their 2nd conditional card anniversary?

Or for that matter, did they even receive their ten year card within the confines of their one year extension. We didn't, had to make an additional 450 mile trip for an I-551 stamp in my wife's foreign passport.

It was for that reason we applied exactly 89 days for her US citizenship, the reason why it was 89 days, 90 days fell on a Sunday. Maybe that motivated the USCIS to finally issue her, her ten year card exactly one week before her interview. If she had a field office with the same day oath, would only have her ten year card for a week. But in delays for yet another trip to her oath ceremony, held it for seven weeks.

Not only the stress of not getting the green card, but also preparing for all that evidence required for the three year marriage.

Buying a new home is stress enough, guess you don't have any kids to enroll in school, last time had six of them, contacting all the utility companies, changing the address on your driver's license, trying to find the best home insurance, hanging window dressings, moving, new dog license etc., while maintaining a full time job.

Don't forget to notify the USCIS about your address change. If not wanting to reapply for a new ten year card, you have ten years to get that done, or never at all.

If all this isn't bad enough, wife had to renew her home country citizenship and passport thanks to an agreement our DOS has with her home country. That cost us another couple of thousand of dollars so she could visit her family.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

yep. itd just the earliest you can file IF you want to

GOD has been WONDERFUL!!!
CR-1 (for Husband):
09/15/2012: Got Married
09/26/2012: Mailed I-130 from Nigeria( delayed by customs)
USCIS stage ( 66 days)
10/12/2012: NOA 1
12/17/2012: NOA 2 (case was transferred to NYC office 11/27/12)
NVC stage ( 20 days)
01/08/2013: Case # and IIN assigned ( file arrived NVC mail room 12/20/12)
01/09/2013: AOS invoiced and paid, DS-3032 emailed and mailed.
01/16/2013: IV invoiced &paid. AOS & IV mailed in one package(arrived 01/18).

01/28/2013: Case complete!!!
04/19/2013: Interview; APPROVED!!!!!
05/13/2013: POE; JFK

N-400: (3 months and 12 days)
Filed N-400 : 2011-06-17
Interview: 2011-09-27
Oath Ceremony: 2011-09-30

IR-5 for Mom Entire process took 5 months exactly
USCIS (22days)

mailed I-130 : 2011-09-30
NOA 1: 2011-10-03 (text & email)
NOA 2: 2011-10-25 (text and email)
NVC: (19 days)
Case entered and # assigned: 2011-11-18
NVC Case COMPLETED: 2011-12-07 ( 43 days from NOA 2 and 65 days from NOA 1)
Interview Date(Lagos): 2012-01- 23
Mom was late for interview
New Interview date: 2012-02-29 : VISA APPROVED

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.