karola

VERMONT SERVICE CENTER

25 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

Don't feel bad, I am going on 8 months

I have now officially hit the 5 month marker--153 days now since I received my NOA1. It is strange because so far, I knew that the average processing time is about 5 months, but now I have actually hit that 5 month marker, I feel slightly scared and worried for some reason. Please, Go Vermont Go.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I filed and got our NOA1 on May 9th. Still waiting on NOA2 to this day. A few more months and it will be 1 year of waiting. Ridiculous and unacceptable if you ask me.

That is insane! Have you tried writing one of your state senators? Within three weeks of writing my letter to my senator I got a RFE. After waiting almost 7 months, at least it's something...

I try and not think too much about the VSC because it just makes me upset.

Filed: Timeline

That is insane! Have you tried writing one of your state senators? Within three weeks of writing my letter to my senator I got a RFE. After waiting almost 7 months, at least it's something...

I try and not think too much about the VSC because it just makes me upset.

Yes, I mailed a letter to my congressman and they contacted the USCIS. The reply was that we have to wait another 30 days for a reply. That will be until February 15th. It's a nightmare and calling doesn't bring me any answers. I can only wait it out and warn others that their applications might be as delayed as mine.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

pathotoko-

I'd write another letter, it could have been that when you first wrote, it was still within the 7.2 national average + 30 day extra timeframe. Generally they tell people to wait the extra 30 days before writing a letter. looking at your timeline, you've passed the 7.2 +30 days, so i would just continuously hound uscis with letters/calls to tier 2 staff.

It's grossly unfair, i remember nick+elizabeth part of feb/march people i think, they got theirs like 2 months after everyone in their group.

I really thought, around sept nov time that vsc was speeding up, and we may get approval in 5.5 or 6 months. Felling quite bitter entering the 200 club.

070e8b4bb0.png

Noa1 july 19 2012

Noa2 maybe this week loool

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

I have now officially hit the 5 month marker--153 days now since I received my NOA1. It is strange because so far, I knew that the average processing time is about 5 months, but now I have actually hit that 5 month marker, I feel slightly scared and worried for some reason. Please, Go Vermont Go.

My NOA1 was July 12 and I received my NOA2 on Dec. 31, 2012. 172 days, so almost 6 months. I knew it would happen when they got around to it. Your time will come, just get prepared in the meantime for the next steps, since once you get your NOA2 everything starts happening fast, and if you don't have certain papers in order (police certificates, vaccinations etc.) your process could take even longer.

July 09, 2012 - Sent in application for I-129f petition for K1 Visa
Dec. 31, 2012 - NOA2
Feb. 23, 2013 - Visa received
March 31, 2013 - POE
April 12, 2013 - Wedding! (41213 prime!)

May 02, 2013 - Sent off AOS, EAD, AP package

May 04, 2013 - Package arrived at Chicago lockbox

May 22, 2013 - Early walk in Biometrics, Alexandria VA

June 03, 2013 - RFE for AOS

June 17, 2013 - RFE response received

July 05, 2013 - EAD and AP approved

July 10, 2013 - EAD card production

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: New Zealand
Timeline

Don't feel bad, I am going on 8 months

Hey Thanks for replying to me. I hope your case will be resolved very soon. By the way I see that your visa type is IR-1/CR-1, does this type of visa take generally slightly longer time to process than the K1 visa?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: New Zealand
Timeline

My NOA1 was July 12 and I received my NOA2 on Dec. 31, 2012. 172 days, so almost 6 months. I knew it would happen when they got around to it. Your time will come, just get prepared in the meantime for the next steps, since once you get your NOA2 everything starts happening fast, and if you don't have certain papers in order (police certificates, vaccinations etc.) your process could take even longer.

Thank you so much for your reply. It was reassuring to read about your NOA1 and NOA2 dates. I have got the police clearance certificate from India which is where I am originally from. The New Zealand police certificate should not take more than a day, so I am thinking to take it immediately after I get my NOA2.

Could you please shed some light on the vaccinations thing? What do I need to do about it? Thanks in advance.

Cheers.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.