americanrizvi

Contacting Tier 2 Supervisor and getting Help

9 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Hello everyone,

I just wanted to know how you get a hold of Tier 2 Operator/Supervisor? I've tried calling USCIS several times but I've been unable to even speak to a representative. I just wanted to know what is the current status of my case as it's been almost 3.5 months and there is no response, since my case is is at NBC i was hoping the processing time would be much less as compared to other centers....so yeah just wondering about it thought I'd ask you guys.

Thanks for your time. God Bless.

F

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Until your case is beyond the processing time for your type contacting someone else will do nothing. I think the "normal" time is about 5 months and you are only 3ish. With immigration you have to learn how to wait, and wait and wait some more.

This will not be over quickly. You will not enjoy this.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline

The ISO can tell you if your case is it a field office,but that is about it. There are still September filers being approved who were transferred to NBC.

3/2/18  E-filed N-400 under 5 year rule

3/26/18 Biometrics

7/2019-12/2019 (Yes, 16- 21 months) Estimated time to interview MSP office.

While it's true that you will probably get no more info than if the case was transferred to a local office, the way to do it is call the number and sit on the line. It will transfer you to a human speaking Spanish. Just say "English please" or something like it. After that you can ask them to talk to an "ISO" or "Tier 2 ISO", etc. They will confirm that this is what you want to do and put you on hold. For.. ages. Like have a book, put it on speakerphone, paint your nails, paint the Sistine Chapel kind of on hold.

Then tah-dah! You have an ISO on the phone.

But yes, don't hope for more answers than you might already have :clock:

10/25/10 .. Met in Auckland, NZ

09/05/12 .. Got Married in Santa Barbara, CA

USCIS:

09/26/12 .. I-130 Sent

10/07/12 .. I-130 Returned. Checkmarks did not print. Doh!

10/15/12 .. I-130 Sent AGAIN

10/19/12 .. NOA1 date

11/20/12 .. File was transferred to my "local field office" (Seattle)

12/14/12 .. Touch! Officially online!

01/22/13 .. NOA2 date (95 days)

NVC:

01/28/13 .. NVC receives case

02/11/13 .. Case number assigned

02/12/13 .. AOS bill paid

02/14/13 .. AOS bill shown PAID

02/14/13 .. AOS packet sent

02/26/13 .. AOS Checklist received

02/26/13 .. IV bill paid

02/26/13 .. IV packet and AOS Checklist packet sent

03/06/13 .. IV bill shown PAID

03/08/13 .. IV Checklist sent

03/25/13 .. 2nd AOS Checklist sent

04/04/13 .. Case Complete

Consulate:

04/16/13 .. Medical

05/21/13 .. Interview: Approved!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Thanks.

While it's true that you will probably get no more info than if the case was transferred to a local office, the way to do it is call the number and sit on the line. It will transfer you to a human speaking Spanish. Just say "English please" or something like it. After that you can ask them to talk to an "ISO" or "Tier 2 ISO", etc. They will confirm that this is what you want to do and put you on hold. For.. ages. Like have a book, put it on speakerphone, paint your nails, paint the Sistine Chapel kind of on hold.

I tried this before, lol, pressed no buttons and got a rep who spoke Spanish. When I asked for an English speaking rep, she got pissed and said she's not capable of tranferring calls from her phone, lol. Then she did the "I can't hear you, I can't hear you, I can't hear you <<CLICK>> and I had to call back all over again! Ha ha ha!

Just enter your case number, wait for the human who can only read what's on the website same as you, then ask that person a question that's not on the website, like which local office is my petition at anyway? They will transfer you to an officer. Be prepared for the fact that sometimes the tier two officers don't have all the answers. This is especially true if your petition is at a local field office which is doing their own thing, following their own rules.

USCIS: 307 days from NOA1 to NOA2 (no RFE's)

15JUN2012 USC married in Côte d'Ivoire
13AUG2012 I-130 sent by FedEx to Chicago
15AUG2012 I-130 packet delivered to mailroom, per FedEx.com
18AUG2012 NOA1, rcvd SMS & email saying case is routed to Vermont Service Center, later rcvd by snail mail
21AUG2012 the date on next I-797C received only by snail mail, says petition transferred to Lee's Summit,MO
28AUG2012 "touch" (website shows case was updated)
03OCT2012 the date casefile was sent to Atlanta, per phone call with ISO
01FEB2013 infopass at Atlanta, casefile has not even been assigned to anyone yet!

21JUN2013 NOA2, email received! USCIS website is updated! No SMS was received.

Letter rcvd later by snail mail from NBC, Lee's Summit, MO; however, I know file was adjudicated in Atlanta.

NVC:

11JUL2013 the date NVC says they received our file

19JUL2013 called and got Case # and IIN #, gave email addresses

22JUL2013 received DS-3032 and AOS invoice by email, mailed DS-3032

I tried this before, lol, pressed no buttons and got a rep who spoke Spanish. When I asked for an English speaking rep, she got pissed and said she's not capable of tranferring calls from her phone, lol. Then she did the "I can't hear you, I can't hear you, I can't hear you <<CLICK>> and I had to call back all over again! Ha ha ha!

Just enter your case number, wait for the human who can only read what's on the website same as you, then ask that person a question that's not on the website, like which local office is my petition at anyway? They will transfer you to an officer. Be prepared for the fact that sometimes the tier two officers don't have all the answers. This is especially true if your petition is at a local field office which is doing their own thing, following their own rules.

:wow: That's upsetting and funny at the same time. I know I called USCIS a few times to ask a Tier 2 rep for the status on my case, but I always chickened out of talking to a live rep. I guess, after reading all the stories from here about calls to USCIS and getting bad info, I just listened to the automated version of my status, felt satisfied (although I learned nothing new) and then hung up. lol :D

Really?! That is just a ####### move. I've never had that! Wow. I hope thats 1 in a million

10/25/10 .. Met in Auckland, NZ

09/05/12 .. Got Married in Santa Barbara, CA

USCIS:

09/26/12 .. I-130 Sent

10/07/12 .. I-130 Returned. Checkmarks did not print. Doh!

10/15/12 .. I-130 Sent AGAIN

10/19/12 .. NOA1 date

11/20/12 .. File was transferred to my "local field office" (Seattle)

12/14/12 .. Touch! Officially online!

01/22/13 .. NOA2 date (95 days)

NVC:

01/28/13 .. NVC receives case

02/11/13 .. Case number assigned

02/12/13 .. AOS bill paid

02/14/13 .. AOS bill shown PAID

02/14/13 .. AOS packet sent

02/26/13 .. AOS Checklist received

02/26/13 .. IV bill paid

02/26/13 .. IV packet and AOS Checklist packet sent

03/06/13 .. IV bill shown PAID

03/08/13 .. IV Checklist sent

03/25/13 .. 2nd AOS Checklist sent

04/04/13 .. Case Complete

Consulate:

04/16/13 .. Medical

05/21/13 .. Interview: Approved!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline

Or you get the CSR who goes "Oh course I know where your case is!".

I'm still having trouble understanding what the purpose of a CSR is.

3/2/18  E-filed N-400 under 5 year rule

3/26/18 Biometrics

7/2019-12/2019 (Yes, 16- 21 months) Estimated time to interview MSP office.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.