little_dreamer

Our LONG and painful journey!!

39 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Kenya
Timeline

My first post~~ But im not new, I have lurked this site for almost a year!! <3

Here I am today!! ONE YEAR TO THE DAY (almost) since we started our I-485 journey for my husband! I am proud to say that today we got APPPRRRROOOOVVVVEEEEDDDDDDD!!! <3

So in January of last year we sent in our I-485/I-130 packet. Shortly after we received a letter asking for more evidence as well as a sponsor. Well I sent in more evidence but didn't ask anyone to help sponsor us, I thought sending in my pay stubs and taxes it would be enough....was I wrong! About a month later we received a denial notice. At this point my husband and I have FREAKED out. We had 40 days to appeal. Immediately we hired a lawyer...after paying 1600 (including the fee for the appeal I-290B) everything was sent off end of July. I was discouraged because I read/heard it could take up to 2 years for them to approve or deny the appeal and I felt bad because I messed up...I could have just gotten a sponsor but i was too hot headed to ask anyone for help.

Well it only took 2 months for us to get a decision on our appeal---- Approved YAY-- so about a couple weeks after that we got the work permit (EAD) and got his SSN......then our interview date was sent.....our nail biting and stress was a little at ease at this point.

Well our Interview was end of Nov--we get there at 6:45am since we were scheduled at 7:30am...we waited for our office to open, exited to finally be in the last stages.......well.....we were called in and my poor hubby (who speaks English VERY WELL) was asked a hard question--If he was going to commit espionage in the U.S....and he choked he didnt know what espionage meant (not that we ever used that word haha so I wasnt surprised he didnt know that one) and answered that he didnt understand....so the officer stopped us right there and told us that he cant interview us without a translator >:( GRRRRRRRRRR!!!!! BUT HE SPEAKS GREAT ENGLISH JUST REPHRASE THE QUESTION....ok whatever fine...

So we waited and waited and finally we got a second interview date--- LAST WEEK--

So here we were again-- we hired a translator ($300 btw) and she met us there at our interview...same time. Well this time we had a different officer...she was really nice but very stern at the same time. She started off with different questions then the guy which hubby answered easily. She asked us the normal questions pertaining to our packet (btw that thing was 4 inches thick at that point) and asked him my birth date and asked me his birth date....then she asked to see our scrap book (that I put my heart and soul in!! It looked amazing!!) She looked at all our pictures from our Cali/Disney vacation, to our New York vacation to our Las Vegas vacation hahaha-- and she noted that I was very creative and my scrap book looked amazing :) then asked us which vacation was our favorite we both said New York....and that was it----- and we didnt even need the translator (but she was a sweetheart and really nice) even the Officer said that we didnt need to get a translator but she understood the reason why it had to happen...due to just one question.....well she told us 'Give me a few days to review and I will send you a notice in the mail of my decission' Ahhhhhhhhhh....NO MORE WAITING PLEASE....the stresssss the stressss.......here i was again looking online at stories and outcomes since we didnt have an answer right away and I was freaking out as usuall-- seeing that if they take the I-94 its a good sign (since she took that but not the passport) and seeing how many people got approved on the spot or had to wait........one week of this.........well today we checked online and saw we were APPPRRROOVED...after dancng around a bit and calling everyone we know.... I am one happpppyyyyyy wifey to one happy hubby....now to plan our BIG VACATION to Morocco <3 <3 <3 Hopefully in May....no later then June we will be going to my favorite country in the world again--where this all began in the first place....

So I hope my story will encourage other or show that even with hiccups in the road it will all get done eventually!! Took us From January 12' to January 13' (longer then most) but its all over for now...

Oh and BTW--- our I-130 has been pending for ever-- never got approved or denied...lol I was told they approve that after the interview sometimes....if not done earlier.

Congrats and Thank you for a wonderful and uplifting story.

I-129F

July of 2010: We met in Eritrean when I was on vacation.

August of 2010: Returned to U.S and we spoke on the phone everyday and still do (very costly).

December of 2010 to January 2011: went back to Eritrea to see him.

January 11, 2011- Engaged.

March 2, 2011: I-129F sent

March 13, 2012: Second interview. Placed on Administrative Processing.

October 16, 2012: Case sent back to USCIS

November 16, 2012 Case reaffirmed and sent back to the Department of State (according to the USCIS SITE)

November 28, 2012 Vermont Service Center received Petition back from Embassy.

March 2013- Returned K1 validity expired. Here we go again.... !

I-130

March 15, 2013 Married

April 29, 2013 Filed I-130

May 2, 2013: Received NOA1 via text/email

May 6, 2013: Received NOA1 hardcopy in mail

XX- XX, 2013: Received NOA2 via text/email!!!

XX- XX, 2013: Received NOA2 hardcopy in mail

XX- X, 2013: NVC received file

XX- X, 2013: NVC case number assigned

Congratulations !

Here I am today!! ONE YEAR TO THE DAY (almost) since we started our I-485 journey for my husband! I am proud to say that today we got APPPRRRROOOOVVVVEEEEDDDDDDD!!! <3

So in January of last year we sent in our I-485/I-130 packet. Shortly after we received a letter asking for more evidence as well as a sponsor. Well I sent in more evidence but didn't ask anyone to help sponsor us, I thought sending in my pay stubs and taxes it would be enough....was I wrong! About a month later we received a denial notice. At this point my husband and I have FREAKED out. We had 40 days to appeal. Immediately we hired a lawyer...after paying 1600 (including the fee for the appeal I-290B) everything was sent off end of July. I was discouraged because I read/heard it could take up to 2 years for them to approve or deny the appeal and I felt bad because I messed up...I could have just gotten a sponsor but i was too hot headed to ask anyone for help.

Well it only took 2 months for us to get a decision on our appeal---- Approved YAY-- so about a couple weeks after that we got the work permit (EAD) and got his SSN......then our interview date was sent.....our nail biting and stress was a little at ease at this point.

Well our Interview was end of Nov--we get there at 6:45am since we were scheduled at 7:30am...we waited for our office to open, exited to finally be in the last stages.......well.....we were called in and my poor hubby (who speaks English VERY WELL) was asked a hard question--If he was going to commit espionage in the U.S....and he choked he didnt know what espionage meant (not that we ever used that word haha so I wasnt surprised he didnt know that one) and answered that he didnt understand....so the officer stopped us right there and told us that he cant interview us without a translator >:( GRRRRRRRRRR!!!!! BUT HE SPEAKS GREAT ENGLISH JUST REPHRASE THE QUESTION....ok whatever fine...

So we waited and waited and finally we got a second interview date--- LAST WEEK--

So here we were again-- we hired a translator ($300 btw) and she met us there at our interview...same time. Well this time we had a different officer...she was really nice but very stern at the same time. She started off with different questions then the guy which hubby answered easily. She asked us the normal questions pertaining to our packet (btw that thing was 4 inches thick at that point) and asked him my birth date and asked me his birth date....then she asked to see our scrap book (that I put my heart and soul in!! It looked amazing!!) She looked at all our pictures from our Cali/Disney vacation, to our New York vacation to our Las Vegas vacation hahaha-- and she noted that I was very creative and my scrap book looked amazing :) then asked us which vacation was our favorite we both said New York....and that was it----- and we didnt even need the translator (but she was a sweetheart and really nice) even the Officer said that we didnt need to get a translator but she understood the reason why it had to happen...due to just one question.....well she told us 'Give me a few days to review and I will send you a notice in the mail of my decission' Ahhhhhhhhhh....NO MORE WAITING PLEASE....the stresssss the stressss.......here i was again looking online at stories and outcomes since we didnt have an answer right away and I was freaking out as usuall-- seeing that if they take the I-94 its a good sign (since she took that but not the passport) and seeing how many people got approved on the spot or had to wait........one week of this.........well today we checked online and saw we were APPPRRROOVED...after dancng around a bit and calling everyone we know.... I am one happpppyyyyyy wifey to one happy hubby....now to plan our BIG VACATION to Morocco <3 <3 <3 Hopefully in May....no later then June we will be going to my favorite country in the world again--where this all began in the first place....

So I hope my story will encourage other or show that even with hiccups in the road it will all get done eventually!! Took us From January 12' to January 13' (longer then most) but its all over for now...

Oh and BTW--- our I-130 has been pending for ever-- never got approved or denied...lol I was told they approve that after the interview sometimes....if not done earlier.

“Together forever, never apart. Maybe in distance but never at heart.”

IR-1 Visa

Event Date

US Embassy : Seoul, South Korea

Marriage : 2007-05-18 (Philippines)

I-130 Sent : 2012-05-09 (DCF)

Packet 3 Received : 2012-05-18 (5th Anniversary)

Interview Date :

Visa Received :

US Entry :

Comments :

Processing

Estimates/Stats :

rbvv8iyz83y.png

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Just checked -- I-130 Approved, The decision notice has changed to CPO and Its all over.....now hopefully in the next week or so he will have that little plastic card that we put sweat, blood, tears and a lot of stressful days in to!!

THANK YOU EVERYONE FOR THE KIND REPLIES!!!!

Edited by little_dreamer

Our love began in 2010....our Journey in 2012 (January) and now we are at peace until 2014!

Timeline (kinda-- Im not putting exact dates- just months~)

--January 2012-- Sent our I-485 and I-130 packet off :)

--February 2012-- Touch-- Need more evidence.

--February 2012-- Sent more evidence.

--March 2012-- Biometrics and Doctors App (around the same time)

--June 2012-- (BIG PROBLEM) Immigration sent us a 'DENIAL' letter due to not having a sponsor (I thought we didnt need one)

--June 2012-- we hired a lawyer and got a sponsor, got the I-290B Motion to Appeal or Reopen had everything sent off by the end of July 2012.

--October 2012-- OUR APPEAL WAS APPROVED (breath easy, we didn't have to wait too long)

--October 2012-- Work permit sent-- got SSN

--November 26th, 2012-- AOS interview-- Got sent out told to get a translator and new interview date would be sent. :(

--January 8th, 2013-- Second interview...went well but no idea if we were approved or denied....VERY STRESSFUL!!

--January 15th, 2013-- APPPPPPRRRROOOOVVVEEEED!!!!!! (checked on USCIS web site)

--January 18th, 2013-- Card Production Ordered....welcome letter (hard copy) in the mail!!! :)

--January 24th, 2013--CARD IN HAND!!! DONE!!!!!

on-beach-at-sunset.jpg

What an AMAZING story! You both deserve a BIIIIG CONGRATULATIONS!!!

I love happy endings like this one! (L)

congrats!!! (L)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.