A.J

NVC - passport Photo - ? SiZe ?

13 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Good Morning VJ people,

Whooo Hooo the NVC answer My call after calling then For 3 weeks and Just to be Put on hold for 20 min each time and No Answer - Well I just need to send 2 passport size Photo and the 2 missing documents- BUT the Passport Pic its said it Need to be 2inch By 2inch In Morocco they Do CM is that 5cm By 5 cm ? -- he Took pic Yestday and they came Out BAD. I look at the web sit and his Pic looks like he Head Too Big Incorrect side :angry: and he Told them he Need Photo for passport - what Do i Do GO back and Tell them they did there Job wrong and his Photo is Wrong and have them Re-do them or have Him go to a Diffrent Place and Show them the correct size. he has One Photo that Looks Right But is a Blue back Ground I think I might take that Photo and tell them I Need just like that but a White Back Ground. AnyOne From Morocco could Help us with a Place that Does the RIGHT size passport Photo.

I hope You all have a Nice Day :)

Good Morning VJ people,

Whooo Hooo the NVC answer My call after calling then For 3 weeks and Just to be Put on hold for 20 min each time and No Answer - Well I just need to send 2 passport size Photo and the 2 missing documents- BUT the Passport Pic its said it Need to be 2inch By 2inch In Morocco they Do CM is that 5cm By 5 cm ? -- he Took pic Yestday and they came Out BAD. I look at the web sit and his Pic looks like he Head Too Big Incorrect side :angry: and he Told them he Need Photo for passport - what Do i Do GO back and Tell them they did there Job wrong and his Photo is Wrong and have them Re-do them or have Him go to a Diffrent Place and Show them the correct size. he has One Photo that Looks Right But is a Blue back Ground I think I might take that Photo and tell them I Need just like that but a White Back Ground. AnyOne From Morocco could Help us with a Place that Does the RIGHT size passport Photo.

I hope You all have a Nice Day :)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Cambodia
Timeline

Print this page and take it with him. Its instructions to get the correct photos:

http://cambodia.usembassy.gov/iv_photo_requirements.html

I know its from the cambodia embassy, but its the same requirements

Hey,

I had the same issues in the Czech republic. Went to one place, told them what I needed, had it even written down and printed but the woman didn't care to look at it since "she knows what she is doing" so I took them paid got home and went to another place to get them done....as crazy as it might sound...they also made a mistake on the pictures ...so I went back to the first place again with all the print outs, made sure she is truly listening to me this time told her about her previous mistake and she made the new ones for me for free. So I say, go to the same place and just make sure you explain it to them and that they are listening !

Yes its 5cm by 5cm, white background, also there is specific guide as to how big head should be so make sure you tell them. If you can measure it according to the guides you have with you right there in the place it would be great ( I took my own ruler too :wacko: ). That is how I did it at the end ( I felt horrible but....traveling from city to city for a week is no fun haha) .

Good luck, hope this helps.

J.

GC received on the 28th of February, 2014 - no interview, no additional RFE's

Divorced as of September, 2014

NOA1 for ROC 14 October, 2014

Life goes on, my ex-husband is a moron.

Also, clearly I am not from Morocco but they should all be able to put their camera on the right setting and print them out and adjust it the way it is needed.

Timeline

srey and JTB11 Thank You

I know it's weird Not having the Right passport Size ugh and I Dont Like to Be rude, its mean but I do need the right Size, LOL I told My hubby that we need to print out the instructions to get the correct photos.

Definitely understand. I felt like Alice in Wonderland.....I mean, they are simple 5x5, white background and what not. But yes it is important to take the measurements and instructions with you and make them read it. I mean, I definitely dislike being in any way even little forceful so I was really nice even when telling them there was an issue with the photos. Good luck and no worries, i am sure that once they understand what you are after and that in no way you mean to tell them they are doing a bad job, you should be fine :) By the way I was amazed at how identical our problems were.

All the best !

Timeline

http://travel.state.gov/visa/visaphotoreq/photoexamples/photoexamples_5331.html -- that is Photo Examples the Head Too Big - what we have--

Srey - I Look at the Link You Sent me and Thanks it Give Inch and Cm -

JTB11 --- Alice in Wonderland yeah it does Fell like that - what Size was Your Photos -

its Just in Morcco the 5X5 is the Vias Photos and the Passport they give the Head Too Big Size - will I guess Im to send the 5x5 and if they dont Like I will have My Hubby re take the photo.

the problem is our photos are never 5x5 they are smaller and they assumed i wanted passport photos for Europe and the head for me was too big, way too big and at the second place everything was perfect but the background they made blue and said they dont keep the photos so they cant change anything on them. The cities I had to take a bus to are each an hour away so it was a bit painful hehe

Timeline

Sorry to hear what you have been through but If you just tell the person taking pictures it is the same pictures as the DV-lottery pictures he will understand definitely. Like everyone said it should be white background and 2 by 2 which is 5.08 cm for Morocco. So good luck. It was easy for my husband to get the pictures done in Morocco by just telling them it is for the DV-Lottery. So good luck.

Vermont Service Center

Marriage : 2012-12-05 In Morocco

2012-04-12: I-130 Sent

2012-04-16: USCIS Received

2012-04-16: I-130 NOA1

2012-11-28: I-130 Approved (226 days)

2012-12-05: NVC Received

2012-12-12: E-mailed Completed DS-3032

2012-12-17: Received DS-3032 / I-864 Bill

2012-12-17: Pay I-864 Bill

2012-12-19: Send Completed I-864

2012-12-20: NVC Accepted DS-3032

2012-12-24: NVC Received I-864 Package

2012-12-21: Received IV Bill

2012-12-21: Pay IV Bill

2012-12-27: IV Packet Sent (UPS Express Mail)

2012-12-28: NVC Received IV Packet

2013-01-08: AOS Package accepted

2013-01-10: IV Accepted

2013-01-10: Case Completed at NVC

2013-01-31: Received Instruction Package

2013-03-07: Interview Date

2013-03-07: Visa Approved

2013-03-11: Visa Received

2013-04-01: US Entry

2013-xx-xx: SSN Received

2013-xx-xx: Green Card Received

event.png

event.png

Timeline

Yes DV lottery is what they call here the US VISA pics at any photography studio.. i called the NVC and the lady said we got all your documents except for the Photos and the Police and court record so im gonna RESEND them this week anyways, apparantly they've lost them but she said the photos needs to be Passport size and the web site instructions said 2inchs by 2 inchs which is 5cm by 5cm and in Morocco that would be a VISA SIZE photo .. this is the only part where i got confused..Thanks you so much and Good luck

Timeline

Ok in my country Morocco also they call it the same but In arabic (el 9or3a). Anyway how come they lost the Police and court record? the good thing you still have some with you if not you will be waiting for your husband to have them done again then send them back here which will take like a month. Good luck you are almost there.:star:

Vermont Service Center

Marriage : 2012-12-05 In Morocco

2012-04-12: I-130 Sent

2012-04-16: USCIS Received

2012-04-16: I-130 NOA1

2012-11-28: I-130 Approved (226 days)

2012-12-05: NVC Received

2012-12-12: E-mailed Completed DS-3032

2012-12-17: Received DS-3032 / I-864 Bill

2012-12-17: Pay I-864 Bill

2012-12-19: Send Completed I-864

2012-12-20: NVC Accepted DS-3032

2012-12-24: NVC Received I-864 Package

2012-12-21: Received IV Bill

2012-12-21: Pay IV Bill

2012-12-27: IV Packet Sent (UPS Express Mail)

2012-12-28: NVC Received IV Packet

2013-01-08: AOS Package accepted

2013-01-10: IV Accepted

2013-01-10: Case Completed at NVC

2013-01-31: Received Instruction Package

2013-03-07: Interview Date

2013-03-07: Visa Approved

2013-03-11: Visa Received

2013-04-01: US Entry

2013-xx-xx: SSN Received

2013-xx-xx: Green Card Received

event.png

event.png

Timeline

SALAM hayam

IDk why they Dont have Police and court record it could be 3 reason - 1 it did not get Sent "Stuiped case worker" or 2 the Photos I put his ( Alien Registration Numbers) and his name BUT REALL I need to PUT Name On it and the Case Number and 3 the Date was expired the Date is Only for 3 month and we had a Lil Set back with the Vias, we had to delay it for 4 month, any ways we Do Need to get NEw paper work and we got the Police record in one day and the court record we are working on that then we Need to get them translated to English- But it wont take a month just a Couple Of day. It just Confusing Looking at My Hubby photos and the web Site they Dont match and the 5X5 the Vias Size Matches the Web site passport. The NVC said they Need to be passport style. Thanks For the Help

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: Country: Egypt
Timeline

SALAM hayam

IDk why they Dont have Police and court record it could be 3 reason - 1 it did not get Sent "Stuiped case worker" or 2 the Photos I put his ( Alien Registration Numbers) and his name BUT REALL I need to PUT Name On it and the Case Number and 3 the Date was expired the Date is Only for 3 month and we had a Lil Set back with the Vias, we had to delay it for 4 month, any ways we Do Need to get NEw paper work and we got the Police record in one day and the court record we are working on that then we Need to get them translated to English- But it wont take a month just a Couple Of day. It just Confusing Looking at My Hubby photos and the web Site they Dont match and the 5X5 the Vias Size Matches the Web site passport. The NVC said they Need to be passport style. Thanks For the Help

did NVC request new civil documents ( court and police certificate) because they were expired or because they lost them?

I believe I will run in the same issue as I requested those documents a month before I was approved and with the NVC delay I believe they will expire!

Edited by abuissa

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.