Patel_83

**I-130 Filing for Brother and Deportation issues****

5 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: India
Timeline

I filed for my brother who live in India in 2001. The priority date is coming up in 3-6 months. He tried to come to US illegally before 10 years ago. He got deported once from USA. Someone told me that Mumbai Consulate requires a Waiver from USA due to deportation. The law says that 10 years, the records it will automatically be removed. Is this True? Why in the heck does Mumbai Consulate needs this stupid. They are making their own rules.

Its a 12 month process to get a waiver with $1500 just in fees.

Can anyone please help?? Its a complicated issue.

Thanks.

-Prakash

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

You need to look at immigrate2us.net they will have the best answers

May 24, 2011 NOA1

Sept 11, 2011 NOA2-took 19 days to get case number

Sept 30, 2011 NVC number and IIN received Friday-gotta wait till Monday

Oct 13, 2011 Case Completed- 13 days from receiving case number Took 32 days from NOA2

Nov 30, 2011 Notified of Interview date

January 19, 2012 Interview- 240 days from NOA1

INTERVIEW RESULTS-APPROVED WITH 14 WEEKS AP--but he got his visa in 56 days!!!!!!

PLEASE EDIT YOUR TIMELINE IN YOUR PROFILE SO OTHERS CAN LEARN HOW LONG EACH STEP TAKES IN THIS PROCESS

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

If your brother overstayed by more than a year he incurred a 10 year ban starting when he left. To come back before that time you would have to file a hardship waiver. However I have never heard of a hardship between siblings. So I really think he will not get the visa before the 10 years have expired.

This will not be over quickly. You will not enjoy this.

Filed: Country: Vietnam (no flag)
Timeline

I filed for my brother who live in India in 2001. The priority date is coming up in 3-6 months. He tried to come to US illegally before 10 years ago. He got deported once from USA. Someone told me that Mumbai Consulate requires a Waiver from USA due to deportation. The law says that 10 years, the records it will automatically be removed. Is this True? Why in the heck does Mumbai Consulate needs this stupid. They are making their own rules.

Its a 12 month process to get a waiver with $1500 just in fees.

Can anyone please help?? Its a complicated issue.

Thanks.

-Prakash

The Mumbai Consulate needs it because your brother broke US immigration laws and got deported. People who don't break the law and get deported don't have this stupid problem. The only reason this stupid problem exists is because your brother broke US laws and got deported.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.