Thermite

After marriage?

15 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

So my fiancee and I went through processing yesterday we waited about 1hr half for the first part then went into a room for about 4 hrs we missed our flight and we had 5 hour lay over :( It appears the delay is due to a scar in her lungs even though culture and sputum were negative they still worried about the scar (I think its because she did not tell st lukes she had TB in past and got treated) So now CDC will call me and I have to take her somewhere to get her checked.

My main question is this the lady told me I needed to take her birth certificate and marriage license and present it to the nearest government place (forgot the name) to let them know we got married, but I thought you just did AOS after marriage but the lady told me I needed to go to this website to find closest office to me (she did not even write it down for me) and let them know of our marriage

Anyone know what she is talking about or is it just AOS because AOS you mail in BC MC etc

It has to be the AOS that she is talking about.

I am making assumptions that "processing" you refered to was a visit to a civil surgeon?

Love forever,

Dale & Trisha

Married: 9/29/2008

K3 Visa

POE-MSP: 3/13/2009

AOS/EAD

Greencard received: 08/29/2009

Removal of Conditions:

Approved: 10/20/2011

Citizenship

9/19/2012

Timeline

No processing is in POE where they take your packet and you into a room and you wait with tons of other people while they input your data into the computer her medical exam says something about scar in lugs so they want me to check it out. I call it process because the room was marked processing A

Yes, they were just poorly telling you that you needed to get married in 90 days and then adjust status. Sounds like you'll need to go through extra checking on fears about TB to.

Congrats on your arrival and soon to be wedding.

Edited by Caryh

K1 from the Philippines
Arrival : 2011-09-08
Married : 2011-10-15
AOS
Date Card Received : 2012-07-13
EAD
Date Card Received : 2012-02-04

Sent ROC : 4-1-2014
Noa1 : 4-2-2014
Bio Complete : 4-18-2014
Approved : 6-24-2014

N-400 sent 2-13-2016
Bio Complete 3-14-2016
Interview
Oath Taking

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

So at POE an immigrations agent reviewed your xrays and did not like what she saw or there may have been a notation in the medical file? You did not see a doctor?

AOS is the only thing you do after getting married, but there is not exact time frame for having to do that.

Edited by Hank_

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline

So at POE an immigrations agent reviewed your xrays and did not like what she saw or there may have been a notation in the medical file? You did not see a doctor?

AOS is the only thing you do after getting married, but there is not exact time frame for having to do that.

at POE they did not review xrays I had them whole time i asked if they wanted them they said no they did give me copy of her medical report from st lukes it said:

Chest X-ray Findings Abnormal findings (checked was Infiltrate or consolidation and Discrete linear opacity)

Noted was Left upper lobe infiltrates and fibrosis

Sputum Smears and Cultures

Yes, are indicated - Applicant has (Mark all that apply)

Chest x-ray suggests TB

All 3 Sputum smear negative

Sputum culture 9/4 Negative 9/5 Non tuberculous Mycobacteria 9/6 Negative

Negative Smear and Culture Results and:

Chest X-ray suggests TB: Class B1 TB, Pulmonary

My guess is that her old TB that was treated caused the scar and they are confused at why she has scar but no signs of TB this could be a result of her telling them she did not have TB because she was scared :(

I think they just want to double check she doesn't have TB because its very serious

Timeline

Sound logical to me. Doesn't sound like you really have a issue they just want to make sure ...

All the best! When's the wedding?

I think we settled on March 9th gives her time to adjust to everything so far she really likes it :) Amazed about not having to wash clothes by hand hehe

My wife loved that to, and the dishwasher! But now she's bought a bunch of hand wash only clothes, maybe she missed it :rofl:

I think we settled on March 9th gives her time to adjust to everything so far she really likes it :) Amazed about not having to wash clothes by hand hehe

K1 from the Philippines
Arrival : 2011-09-08
Married : 2011-10-15
AOS
Date Card Received : 2012-07-13
EAD
Date Card Received : 2012-02-04

Sent ROC : 4-1-2014
Noa1 : 4-2-2014
Bio Complete : 4-18-2014
Approved : 6-24-2014

N-400 sent 2-13-2016
Bio Complete 3-14-2016
Interview
Oath Taking

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

After you get married, file a Report of Marriage Contracted Abroad at the Philippine Consulate who has jurisdiction in your state.

Refer to this: http://www.philippineconsulatela.org/consular%20services/conserv-registry.htm#ROM

Timeline

After you get married, file a Report of Marriage Contracted Abroad at the Philippine Consulate who has jurisdiction in your state.

Refer to this: http://www.philippineconsulatela.org/consular%20services/conserv-registry.htm#ROM

Why would you have to/want to do this?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.